“Little League”

Ranked #1 of 5 Hotels in Mansfield
Greensburg, Pennsylvania
“Little League”
Reviewed August 3, 2013

Stated at this hotel when my grandson participated in the PA State Little League Championship. The hotel and staff went out of their way to assist all of the Little League teams and the families and greatly enhanced their stay.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled with family
Sandi S, General Manager at Microtel Inn & Suites by Wyndham Mansfield, responded to this review, August 7, 2013
So glad to hear that you enjoyed your stay. Thank you for taking the time to post your comments about Microtel Inn & Suites. Hope to see you again!

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (18)
Greensburg, Pennsylvania
Reviewed July 31, 2013

We as a team of our 11year Allstars from West Point would like to thank all of the staff at this hotel for being so accommodating to us! Linda was so kind and generous and welcomed us to use the fridge and freezer to store the teams meals that we bought day by day. Teka, Nathan and Sandi along with all the other employees (sorry I don't remember all the names;) made us feel very welcomed and all were very friendly!! When we came back Tuesday from a day of fun with our kids, they decorated the lobby with signs Cheering us and the other team (Lionville) on. They even participated in cheering our guys to the cars as they came out of the meeting room being prepped by the coaches. It was a great experience and a great time. As a mom... Loved that there was coffee in the lobby all day long:)! Thank you Microtel of Mansfield , PA!!

• Stayed July 2013
Sandi S, General Manager at Microtel Inn & Suites by Wyndham Mansfield, responded to this review, August 2, 2013
Thank you so much for such a glowing review! We certainly had the cream of the crop staying with us. It was a pleasure to have such well mannered boys and that says a lot about the team, the coaches and the parents. Glad you enjoyed your stay and best of luck next year on the way to Williamsport Little League World Seriers! (I am sure you will get there!)
The Plains, Ohio
Reviewed June 24, 2013

While traveling to visit relatives, my husband and 93-year-old father stayed at the Microtel Inn in Mansfield, PA. My husband awoke feeling fine, but within minutes was having a heart attack. My father was out of the room having breakfast. By calling 911, the hotel staff was alerted. The manager Sandy immediately came to the room and handled everything with the police, EMTs and transfer to an area hospital. Later my husband had to be life-flighted to another hospital. Sandy picked my dad up from the hospital and brought him back to the motel and made sure he was well taken care of while a relative from hours away drove to be with him. The following morning, she made sure they had everything from the room (they didn't--they'd left things behind that Sandy found). She did this all with courtesy, compassion and professionalism beyond what anyone could expect.

Also, my husband and father said the Microtell was clean, well-run and a fine place to stay. Five points is not a high enough rating. Talk about service!!!

• Stayed June 2013, traveled with family
Sandi S, General Manager at Microtel Inn & Suites by Wyndham Mansfield, responded to this review, July 9, 2013
Thank you for such kind words. It was pleasure to help someone in need. I am happy everyone is safe and sound and your husband is doing much better.
Lady Lake
Reviewed June 19, 2013

I stayed at the Microtel in Mansfield, PA. I asked for a wheelchair accessible room and they had one for me.
Somethings you may want to consider.
My wife is in a geriatric wheelchair which is wider than normal. Although the spacings between the bed and other fetures in the room were OK for most handicapped people, it was very tight to manuever a large wheelchair and a person pushing it, around in the room. Aisles need to be wider and the bed needs to be farther away from the wall for accessability with a wheel chair. A handicapped person needs to be on the side closest to the bathroom and this is usually where there is only a narrow aisle between the bed and the wall.
Another thing that bugs me with nearly any room I am in. WHY, are there no accessable electrical outlets near rhe bed? Both me and my wife us CPAP machines at night. These need to be plugged in to work. I usually find 3 outlets in a room. One is hidden behind the bed, another is hidden behind the dresser and the other is in the bathroom. None of these are easily accessable. I now bring 3 extension cords with me so I can plug something in, but It would be very nice if at least 1 outlet was accessable for use.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled with family
Review collected in partnership with Microtel Inn & Suites by Wyndham

Sandi S, General Manager at Microtel Inn & Suites by Wyndham Mansfield, responded to this review, June 21, 2013
I apologize for the inconvenience. I will certainly pass your recommendations on to Wyndham, our corporate office for future Microtel specs. Your comments are certainly appreciated. Thank you.
Also consider these accommodations in or near Mansfield
Hampton Inn & Suites Mansfield
#1 of 1 in Gaines
Radisson Hotel Corning
Radisson Hotel Corning
#1 of 6 in Corning

Been to Microtel Inn & Suites by Wyndham Mansfield? Share your experiences!