“Pricey but nice”

Ranked #2 of 5 Hotels in Mansfield
Wareham
“Pricey but nice”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 2, 2012

I agree with some of the other reviewers that the price is a little high given the area. We have stayed in the area a number of time however and I would offer that our room was very clean and well appointed compared to others that we have stayed at. We were happy with our accomodations for the 2 nights that we stayed there.

• Stayed July 2012, traveled with friends
1 Thank clr429
jes736, General Manager at Microtel Inn & Suites by Wyndham Mansfield, responded to this review, August 6, 2012
Thank you for taking the time to review our hotel. We believe that we are priced in line with the other hotels in our market. I am glad to hear that we met your expectations regarding the cleanliness of the hotel. The staff works very hard to keep the hotel clean and provide value to our guests while understanding the pricing concerns of our guests. We look forward to welcoming you back on your next visit to Mansfield.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (18)
Alberta
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 29, 2012

Very nice hotel, but the cleaning staff wouldn't clean the rooms. Housekeeping stars @ 08:00, nightshift would put out the do not disturbe sign @ 09:00-09:30 and go to sleep. The room was cleaned once in 10 days. I kept asking the front desk staff to ask the cleaning staff to try and get to my room first but it never/rarely happened. Its a nice hotel but I have a choice of where to stay and I'll never stay here again.

• Stayed July 2012, traveled on business
Thank you for taking the time to submit a review. I understand your frustration with the cleaning schedule. However, we tried repeatedly to clean your room. The gentleman sleeping during the day used the 'Do not disturb' daily. We scheduled your room to be cleaned at 8:15 am, but we couldn't enter the room due to the 'Do not disturb' being placed on the door. I knocked on the door several times attempting to work out a time to clean. We appreciate your business and understand that you have a choice in where to stay. Thanks for staying with us and we hope to be of service to your company again in the future.
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 17, 2012

Yes, there are a lot of gas workers at the hotel and yes the prices are on the high side. But, the workers were friendly, respectful, and most important, QUIET. I have a lot of respect for them. They do hard physical work and spend a tremendous amount of time away from home. Their incomes also help support the local economy.
This Microtel was fairly new and one of the nicest I have been in. It was clean. The service was excellent and the staff was friendly. I could not have asked for more.
There are at least 2 other hotels being built in the area and maybe that will bring the prices down some.

Room Tip: No tip for selecting a room, but for finding the hotel. Dorsett road shows up on most GPS, the hote...
  • Stayed June 2012, traveled solo
, General Manager at Microtel Inn & Suites by Wyndham Mansfield, responded to this review, June 26, 2012
Thank you for taking the time to review the Microtel Inn and Suites in Mansfield. We work very hard to meet or exceed guest expectations. Our pricing is competitive with other hotels in our market. The staff works hard to make each guest feel comfortable regardless of the length of their stay. I am very happy to hear that you enjoyed your stay with us. We look forward to welcoming you back during your next in Mansfield.
Shippensburg, Pennsylvania, United States
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 26, 2012

My colleagues and I were travelling on business. We were forced to use guest rooms to conduct meetings because the meeting room was supposedly booked. However, the meeting room wasn't used all day and we were never offered this accommodation even though the group didn't show. I was very upset and DO NOT recommend this hotel. There were also a lot of construction workers staying there and the lobby was dirty and loud. The rooms were nice, however...and clean. It was also extremely expensive.

Room Tip: stay on top floor to avoid noise
  • Stayed April 2012, traveled on business
2 Thank Jodi S
jes736, Manager at Microtel Inn & Suites by Wyndham Mansfield, responded to this review, April 27, 2012
Thank you for your review. Clearly, there was some miscommunication with your meeting room reservation. I apologize for this issue. We were attempting to have the room available for the other group which did not use it. Without going into all the details here, I would be happy to discuss this situation with you. I can be reached at 570-662-9300. I am glad you were pleased with the cleanliness of the rooms. We look forward to welcoming you and/or group again in the future.
Byron Center
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 16, 2012

I too am in the oil industry (not Halliburton) and I have stayed here for 3 weeks. The employees are very nice and do a great job of cleaning the rooms. It's a well kept motel and the swimming pool and whirlpool are very nice. I would highly recommend it, but as with any other thing...supply and demand determine the price. Since there are not too many motels around and the oil industry is booming, it is a bit pricy. I love the fact that it is a completely smoke free motel.

Room Tip: I had a 3rd floor room that was a suite and it was very nice.
  • Stayed March 2012, traveled on business
jes736, General Manager at Microtel Inn & Suites by Wyndham Mansfield, responded to this review, March 20, 2012
Thank you for your review. I am happy to hear you enjoyed your stay with us. The housekeepers work very hard to keep the hotel clean. I am pleased to hear we are meeting your expectations. Being a smoke-free hotel has generated many positive comments from our guests. We hope to see again soon.
Austin, Texas
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 23, 2012

This place is crazy overpriced. I stayed Jan. 17th and the rate with a AAA discount is $167/taxes included; TOTAL RIP OFF!! (Comfortable & clean though; no bedbugs.)

Room Tip: Stay at the Microtel in Bath, NY! It's just as nice & new, but only $55/night.
  • Stayed January 2012, traveled on business
1 Thank Gene G
jes736, General Manager at Microtel Inn & Suites by Wyndham Mansfield, responded to this review, March 27, 2012
Thank you for your review of your recent stay with us. I was glad to here that you found the property to be clean and comfortable. We believe our pricing is competitive with other hotels in the Mansfield area.
Williamsport
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 30, 2011

Been staying here for 28 days. Very clean, staff is nice and courteous. Rooms have a micro and fridge but no freezer or stove top. Makes eating out a lot if your here for a while. I think it's a bit expensive to there is nothing in Mansfield area the gas industry has drove the prices up.

• Stayed October 2010
Also consider these accommodations in or near Mansfield
Hampton Inn & Suites Mansfield
#5 of 6 in Wellsboro
Radisson Hotel Corning
Radisson Hotel Corning
#1 of 6 in Corning

Been to Microtel Inn & Suites by Wyndham Mansfield? Share your experiences!