“Interesting”

Good for: Kids, Local cuisine, Families with children
Nanticoke, Pa
“Interesting”
Reviewed August 19, 2013

Different place with interesting menu options. Hubby had a portabello sandwhich ( Dustin Hoffman), that he loved! I had the Messy Joe Peci, which was sliced meatballs, pepperoni with mozzerella and ricotta. It was supposed to come on a poppy seed portuguese roll, but it came on a regular roll. My sanwhich was ok, but could have used more pepperoni and the ingredients could have been proportioned better on the sandwhich.

Visited August 2013
2 Thank lorriv20

Gettysburg, PA
“Don't judge by the outside.”
Reviewed August 8, 2013

Just passing thru the area and saw good reviews for this place. All are true. Nothing to look at as far as the outside of bldg. but the food is well worth it and plenty of it! The menu has cute titles for the food and the food is delicious. Great portions and your sure to walk away stuffed. The manicotti was tasty, the special fries with the dip was outstanding. Wings were meaty, Philly sandwich with chipotle coleslaw, fries scrumptious. A place worth stopping in if your ever in the area!

• Visited August 2013
1 Thank PAGrace
Baltimore, Maryland
“Amazing food in a modest setting”
Reviewed August 6, 2013

On a trip north up US-15 we found ourselves looking for a modest restaurant with good, home-cooked food. With help from TripAdvisor, we located the Cast & Crew Restaurant in Mansfield, PA. The menu had so many options we were a bit baffled about what to order. My wife ordered a bacon cheeseburger while I opted for the waitress' suggestion of a Mean Joe Greens "chef's choice" entree salad. There is a "let the chef fix a surprise for you" option in each of the entree categories. We were both thrilled. The burger was huge, homemade, and the quality of meat was superb. The french fries were as good as they come, made from fresh-cut potatoes with the skins on - "ocean fries" as some would call them. Excellent! My salad was a work of art, both visually and tastefully. A bed of tasty greens was covered by a number of finely diced cucumbers, carrots, etc. in a home-made balsamic vinaigrette. It was all topped off by a skewer of grilled sirloin tips melt-in-your-mouth tender and another skewer of large grilled shrimp. A bargain at $14. We were so impressed, we altered our plans so we could stop by again on our way back south and were equally impressed a second time. A pity we live so far away or we'd visit this jewel at least weekly. Bring you own alcohol, as they have no liquor license. Go ahead, let Chef Aaron fix a surprise for you. You won't be disappointed!

• Visited August 2013
1 Thank GaryW2010
“Very Ecxellent, Wish We Lived Closer”
Reviewed June 18, 2013 via mobile

Read Menu Before We Arrived, Otherwise Exterior Was Questionable, But We Are VERY glad We Went In. Extensive Menu, Made The Decision Hard, But Loved Every Dish We Chose. Very Personable, Friendly Staff.Highly Recommend.

• Visited June 2013
2 Thank purplelmm
Williamsport, Pennsylvania
“This should not be #1 voted in Mansfield”
Reviewed April 23, 2013

I have been there three different times with different groups of people, and each time the food and service is awful.
The first time I went in I was with my mother and my sister. We all ordered and had to wait a very long time to get served and when we were finally served, the waitress forgot my sisters meal! We called her back over and asked her to bring it out as soon as it was ready. We had to remind her three times. and she didn't bring it out until my mom and I were done eating.
Every other time that I have gone there the food has been lackluster and just disappointing. I wouldn't recommend it to any one.

• Visited January 2013