“Absolutely Awful - Stay Away!!!”
Review of Comfort Inn

Ranked #3 of 5 Hotels in Mansfield
New Jersey
“Absolutely Awful - Stay Away!!!”
Reviewed October 5, 2011

There is not one redeeming quality about this hotel and it is unfortunate that there are only a few hotels in this college town. I recently stayed at the hotel for parents weekend at Mansfield University and the hotel was obviously filled to capacity. I checked into my hotel room late and was told that there were only smoking rooms available eventhough when I booked my reservation I requested a non smoking room. I was told by the general manager, Gloria, that "I should just deal with it or go somewhere else". I actually tried calling a few other hotels in the area, but everyone was booked completely so I had no other choice but to deal with it.

There is no way possible that the rooms were recently renovated, my room was just awful. There were mud stains on the floor, the smoke smell was sickening, and there were cigarette burns in the furniture. Luckily I did not spend much time in the room. The hallways were under renovation and there was an awful smell throughout the entire second floor.

I will never come back to this hotel again especially because the general manager, Gloria, has no compassion or professionalism.

Room Tip: Do not stay here - go else where!!!!!!
  • Stayed September 2011, traveled with family
5 Thank dks61885

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (20)
Freeport, Pennsylvania
Reviewed September 16, 2011

I've been staying here at least twice a month for the last year and a half, and will continue to for some time. After staying at the other hotels in the area, it's your best option in Mansfield. Prices have risen dramatically due to demand going through the roof with Marcellus Shale drillers. It's an average hotel, but again, due to other options in town, it's the best. Staff is very friendly (mostly college students), complimentary cookies, candy, and breakfast has been greatly expanded recently, to now include eggs, sausage and waffles.

Room Tip: Lamb's Creek Inn across the street has Italian night specials on Tuesday - 2 salads, 2 entrees...
  • Stayed September 2011, traveled on business
1 Thank Brian D
Bristol, Tennessee
Reviewed August 22, 2011

I have stayed here many weeks on and off on buisness. It a decent place to stay. Not a lot of choices in the area. Microtel next door and a new hotel currently under construction by the microtel. I warn you though, every place in the area are jacking up their prices. Microtel wants $180 a night last I heard. Comfort Inn is $140. These rooms should be more around $80 a night for what you get! I've stayed in much nicer hotels around the US for $180. Gas operations in the are is what they are taking advantage of! My Biggest complaint is damp musty rooms. I have also seen alot of bugs specially if room is near exit. Bacon is a rarity for breakfest. Always cream beef or lil sausage which gets old. For the price being charged I want some BACON!!

• Stayed July 2011, traveled on business
Lakeshore, Mississippi
Reviewed March 12, 2011

After checking out of the mansfield inn i knew my only option for a half decent hotel was staying at a hotel i was familiar with. The people were all nice. The Breakfast was something no one could complain about. The bar , and exercise room were also a nice touch in a town that has so little to offer. Rooms were clean and big enough to suit their purpose. Though price of room is quite high , finding a room in mansfield thats not, isnt gonna happen. a lot of people are there for work and mansfield is sure getting there cut of it.

• Stayed January 2011, traveled on business
Philadelphia, Pennsylvania
Reviewed October 12, 2010

I would avoid this motel. When I checked in, the lady at the front desk indicated that someone from another room was abrubtly checking out (not sure why). Anyhow, I asked for a room on the second floor only to be told that those rooms are reserved for permanent travelers (many of the gas drilling workers stay on the second floor). I received a room on the first floor. The rugs are very dirty and looked as though they had not even been vacuumed. Additionally, I found a live worm, a few fleas (I'm hoping they were not bed bugs), and another black bug crawling up the wall. I tried to get a room at the other local hotel which is a Micro Tel, but unfortunately they were all booked. I would not recommend this place to any traveler. They clearly have an insect problem and cleanliness (or lack thereof) is also an issue. Additionally, rooms are small.

• Stayed October 2010, traveled on business
2 Thank traveling4ever60795
comfortinn37, General Manager at Comfort Inn, responded to this review, January 31, 2011
Dear Travelling forever, I am just reviewing some of our more recent review's and admit I am shocked by your experience with our hotel. I am concerned with your findings as we have just renovated all of our guest rooms during the past 2 years, so to hear one is in the condition describe is a disturbing. Please feel free to contact me, the General Manager, directly to discuss this stay or if you are willing to provide us another opportunity to accomodate you for a future visit, I will be sure your reservation is handled with accuracy and your requested room is made available.
Bensalem, Pennsylvania
Reviewed October 11, 2010

We stayed here for a wedding that was nearby. The bed was so comfortable, especially the pillows. The room was decorated very nicely and it was a good size. My family all hung out that night at the bar in the hotel and had a great time. The next morning we were treated to a wonderful breakfast consisting of make-your-own belgian waffles that were excellent! There was also fresh fruit, cereal, biscuits and gravy, and assorted juices and coffee. The staff was very nice and helpful at all times and the hotel was clean all around. If we didn't live 5 hours away from there we would definitely stay again! Also, there is a breathtaking view of the tree-covered mountains out the back of the hotel.

• Stayed June 2010, traveled as a couple
I want to thank you for your review to Trip Advisor. It is our goal that each guest is comfortable and enjoy's the time they spend at the Comfort Inn, Mansfield. We hope that you will visit with us again when you are in Mansfiled. Thank you.,
Newark, Delaware
Reviewed June 22, 2010

I recently stayed at the Comfort Inn Mansfield for one night since I had to travel there for a good friend's wedding. When we arrived the outside of the hotel was being painted and it looked like they were doing some renovations, but on the inside the lobby was very nice and clean. Upon check in at the front desk I was greeted promptly and given my room keys. When arriving at our room it looked a little older and outdated, but the furniture was nice and they had a nice little LG flat screen HDTV along with a desk, chair and foot stool, a king size bed and a small fridge and microwave. It was kind of weird since the sink and mirror were separate from the bathroom, but it was kind of nice since you could get ready and do makeup and stuff while someone was in the shower. The only issue I had was that my fiance and I were sitting in our room and I noticed a bug moving across the desk so I went over to kill it thinking it was just a gnat or something. Then I kept seeing more little bugs continuing to crawl across the desk coming from somewhere on it. I finally found that they were small ants and was pretty grossed out. So I went to the front desk and they had a housekeeping staff member come in and spray around the desk and wipe it down good. After she did that, we had no more ant problems that night. Also, while sitting on the bed I did notice a small black bug crawling on the comforter and we killed it, but did not have any bugs in the bed. Thank god. Anyway, for it being the only hotel in Mansfield it's not bad, but the building is old so it seems like they have some bug problems that they need to look in to. Also, the hotel is pet friendly so maybe they should clean a little bit more since maybe the animals are attracting bugs like fleas, etc. One nice thing about the hotel is that they have a continental breakfast in the morning that consists of do it yourself waffles, eggs, muffins, danish, yogurt and then your OJ and coffee... so that was a good way to start the day. If I had to come back to Mansfield again I would probably choose to stay in the new Microtel Suites opening up soon across the way, but if it truly was the only hotel in the area I wouldn't mind staying again, but would be leery of bugs being in my room.

• Stayed June 2010, traveled as a couple
Also consider these accommodations in or near Mansfield
Microtel Inn & Suites by Wyndham Mansfield
#3 of 6 in Corning
Rough Cut Lodge
Rough Cut Lodge
#1 of 1 in Gaines

Been to Comfort Inn? Share your experiences!