“quality and convenience”

Ranked #7 of 7 Hotels in Manheim
williamstown, nj
“quality and convenience”
Reviewed September 25, 2010

I stayed with my friend the first weekend of the Pa Ren Faire. I have been staying here for years because it is next to the faire and the cost is great for me. Since the current management has been here, they have continued to upgrade the rooms. I arrived early, before the room was ready. It was a disaster from the previous customer. I just checked in at the office and went to the faire. The room was spotless when we came back. The maid service was awesome. People say you get what you pay for, but the rates are reasonable, and they provide a great TV in a beautiful dresser, and a refrigerator came with the room. I am going back there again in the Fall.

• Stayed August 2010, traveled with friends

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (15)
Eagleville, Pennsylvania
Reviewed September 19, 2010

I decided to give this hotel a chance due to the photo on their website that shows what appears to be a newly renovated bath room and the reviews stated it was under new management and we wanted a place near the PA Renaissance Faire.

The bathroom had so much mold it was fuzzy lumps of white blue and grey not just grey flat mildew and the wall liner was buckling away from the bathroom wall with visible stains showing through. The towels were visible dirty. There is mold on the room walls and ceiling around the air conditioner and these areas are starting to crumble. The air conditioner didn't work and the air was so damp in the room our clothing and belongings were damp to the touch in the morning. The rug felt damp and appeared to be very old. The room over all was just dirty! When we returned home I took a shower and I still don't feel clean. The whole place needs an overhaul.

As for Wanderer50187's positive review I wouldn't be surprised if they were the owner or manager trying to discredit the other reviews and raise the number of good reviews. The first giveaway is the attack on the negative reviewers and the second is a good review of a pig sty.

• Stayed September 2010, traveled as a couple
1 Thank gdimoonbeam

Travelers are raving about these Manheim hotels

Calverton, New York
Reviewed August 13, 2010

We planned a trip to Hershey with extended family. All together there were over 60 of us travelling here. We trusted the reviews that said this place was cleaned up. Don't believe it!!! A few of us checked in a day early. When they arrived the place was so dirty they asked them to clean it. After several hours of waiting the place was still not good enough. They were offered a the BEST room well that was just as filthy. The pool was unswimmable.

The manager refused to refund the money and when they said the place was so filthy they couldn't stay he responded "THANKS FOR THE MONEY" This sounds like a con. They draw you in and then they take your money. Who ever said this place is what you pay for it and go out for breakfast must have really really low standards because this place was so bad we needed to call the board of health.

Also it looked like apartments that people live in on long term basis. Pretty shabby.

Do not stay here.

• Stayed August 2010, traveled with family
Reviewed August 10, 2010

FYI: this is not a rodeway inn motel. I believe the reason is because it doesn't even measure up to roadway standards anymore so the chain dropped this place. Do not stay here if you can afford not to. It was honestly nicer outside the rooms in the fresh air than inside. They do have a nice pool I must admit, but there is a sign above the front desk that says no refunds after ten minutes. We noticed this only after we went to switch rooms because our room hadn't been cleaned as there was urine all over the toilet seat. We were in the back building which is right next to a trailer park. I have traveled a lot and stayed in many developing countries with basic hotels nicer than this. I honestly can't believe this place hasn't been shut down by inspectors. Not recommended.

• Stayed August 2010
lititz, pa
Reviewed July 16, 2010

I picked which room I wanted when I got there and I did a walk through. Floors were clean, bath tub was clean. Like many other hotel rooms I have stayed in this past year. Not a 4-star, but perfectly fine. No dirty laundry, no mod in the bathroom, accesible for a wheelchair (had to move the fridge and microwave) but besides that met all our needs AND we were able to bring our little dog. I was very scared when I read these reviews, but was on a low budget. So I called the hotel and asked to check it out, the staff was more than friendly and I had a very pleasant stay. New management took over last year, and they have been slowly trying to improve the motel. I think they have done a great job!

• Stayed July 2010
Quakertown Penn
Reviewed November 9, 2009

My husband and I always get season passes to the Pa Renn Faire and we stayed at the Rodeway lasts year and had a bad experance. This year we stayed again and found out it had new owner (mangement) and was alot better the rooms where cleaner and had new carpets. And each room has a mircowave and small frig and a blowdryer in the bathroom which is a big plus we stayed 2 nights and could have a hot meal in our room.
We cant do that in any of the other hotel motels in the area in less you want to pay 180 a night to get a suite at the hamption. The price was right. Keep in mind that it is not a hotel.
An it's relly close to the Pa Renn Faire. You can have a couple beers and don't have to worry about driving home,

• Stayed October 2009, traveled as a couple
1 Thank Selina85
New Jersey
Reviewed September 29, 2009

As someone wrote earlier, there have been too many bad reviews to waste my time describing this motel's faults. I just have to say that the price to value is incredibly high, and honestly I would not pay even 20 dollar per night to stay here. Although the towels looked folded and maybe washed, they were at least 30 years old, had stains on them, the bathroom was not clean, window did not stay open, the whole place smelled horribly. It was the one and only night I would ever spend in such a place.

• Stayed September 2009, traveled with friends
1 Thank galusca
Also consider these accommodations in or near Manheim
Comfort Inn & Suites Manheim - Lebanon
Lititz Inn & Suites
Lititz Inn & Suites
#2 of 2 in Lititz
Hampton Inn & Suites Mount Joy / Lancaster West

Been to Penns Woods Inn Manheim? Share your experiences!