“TURN AROUND!!!!”

Ranked #7 of 7 Hotels in Manheim
Elyria, Ohio
“TURN AROUND!!!!”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 9, 2011

The poor worker at the front desk apologized to me multiple times. As his
drunken boss flipped out on him and me over the phone. All because i
wanted a plug for the bath tub to give my children a bath. I had already
used a whole can of lysol on the room before i even took my kids in there.
It smelled musty and and was by far the dirtiest place we have ever stayed.
And i have stayed in some $20 a night rooms while traveling! We booked it a
month ahead of time and I demanded a full refund from the drunken boss on the phone! Come to find out when i get my credit card statement in the mail sure enough you can see the charge when we checked in and then the refund within a half hour. But then an hour later after we where already checked into another motel they recharged my card without my permission. Yes this is being investigated! that just screams FRAUD!
I took my boys into Heshey and stayed at the Rio motel...same price and
much more accommodating! I feel so bad for the young man at the front desk
for having to deal with a drunk as a boss. He said he feels bad when this
happens. Wonder how often that does happen? People like that man shouldn't
own a business!

• Stayed July 2011, traveled with family
3 Thank m0mOFb0ys

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (15)
Cleveland, Ohio
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 8, 2011

For a place to sleep, it was fine and fair for the money. Loved the trees all over the property, and despite the property being near the road, it was extremely quiet. We had two double beds, and our room was small, but our companions had two double beds and their room was huge. So you take what you get. Nothing in the room was brand-new, but it was clean. We didn't check out the pool, the staff was friendly, and the rooms were cleaned as well as any other hotel we had ever stayed at. Don't be scared by the reviews unless you expect perfection for $40 a night.

• Stayed September 2010, traveled as a couple
2 Thank paul s
Sheffield Lake, Ohio
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 29, 2011

Pretty bad. We were looking for a place to stop overnight along the PA turnpike and this was a good location. I realized this wasn't a national chain and didn't have the best reviews but how bad could it be to pull in, get some sleep and get back on the road in the morning? I should have read the reviews more carefully because this place is truly a dump. The good news is we didn't see any bugs in our room but the room was not clean, I would never walk on that carpet barefoot, and the room had a mildly offensive musty odor. The manager was very unprofessional and the office was a mess. A breakfast (white bread toast or English muffin with a tub of margarine or squeeze-on jelly) was available but we passed. The pool was empty when we arrived but was being filled. When we left the following morning the pool (small and dilapidated) was about one-third full of greenish water. We had a window at the back of our room looking out over some type of dumping area. All in all it was kind of a creepy place. Next time I'll pay the additional $30 or so to stay in a chain motel.

• Stayed July 2011, traveled with family
4 Thank ClevelandBeach

Travelers are raving about these Manheim hotels

1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 26, 2011

Me and my fiance checked in. I waited in the car while she checked in and was immediately hit on by the clerk. We then went to our room to find not only dead bugs everywhere but live ones as well. Save yourself the trouble and check into the red carpet inn .12 miles away for the same price. Much cleaner and no perverts.

• Stayed May 2011
2 Thank mo8652
Bolivar, Ohio
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 30, 2011

We came to Hershey for the Prosche swap meet. Decided to book a room ahead of time. The pics online looked okay, but are deceiving. Our room smelled terrible, it was dirty and very crowded (hardly room enough to walk around the bed). We booked 2 nights in advance and decided 1 night was enough. Of course, they would not give us a refund for the second night, but the room was so bad we decided to stay somewhere else anyway. The only good thing about the place was the sweet gal who worked at the front desk. She was cheerful and so very helpful.

• Stayed April 2011, traveled as a couple
3 Thank pam1060
williamstown, nj
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 25, 2010

I stayed with my friend the first weekend of the Pa Ren Faire. I have been staying here for years because it is next to the faire and the cost is great for me. Since the current management has been here, they have continued to upgrade the rooms. I arrived early, before the room was ready. It was a disaster from the previous customer. I just checked in at the office and went to the faire. The room was spotless when we came back. The maid service was awesome. People say you get what you pay for, but the rates are reasonable, and they provide a great TV in a beautiful dresser, and a refrigerator came with the room. I am going back there again in the Fall.

• Stayed August 2010, traveled with friends
Eagleville, Pennsylvania
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 19, 2010

I decided to give this hotel a chance due to the photo on their website that shows what appears to be a newly renovated bath room and the reviews stated it was under new management and we wanted a place near the PA Renaissance Faire.

The bathroom had so much mold it was fuzzy lumps of white blue and grey not just grey flat mildew and the wall liner was buckling away from the bathroom wall with visible stains showing through. The towels were visible dirty. There is mold on the room walls and ceiling around the air conditioner and these areas are starting to crumble. The air conditioner didn't work and the air was so damp in the room our clothing and belongings were damp to the touch in the morning. The rug felt damp and appeared to be very old. The room over all was just dirty! When we returned home I took a shower and I still don't feel clean. The whole place needs an overhaul.

As for Wanderer50187's positive review I wouldn't be surprised if they were the owner or manager trying to discredit the other reviews and raise the number of good reviews. The first giveaway is the attack on the negative reviewers and the second is a good review of a pig sty.

• Stayed September 2010, traveled as a couple
1 Thank gdimoonbeam
Also consider these accommodations in or near Manheim
Comfort Inn & Suites Manheim - Lebanon
Lititz Inn & Suites
Lititz Inn & Suites
#2 of 2 in Lititz
Hampton Inn & Suites Mount Joy / Lancaster West

Been to Penns Woods Inn Manheim? Share your experiences!