“Loved the Decor, Food and Service Very Good, Train Buff Must Visit”
Review of The Cat's Meow

The Cat's Meow
Ranked #3 of 40 Restaurants in Manheim
Cuisines: American, Deli, Seafood
Good for: Special occasions, Bar scene
Dining options: Lunch, Breakfast, Dinner, Late Night, Reservations
Reviewed May 7, 2014

I went to the Cat's Meow this past week with a bunch of co-workers at their recommendation as they are local and I am not and it was a great choice. I love history (decorated circa 1920's) and am a train buff and this place is as authentic as you can get. The railroad (still in operation) passes right next to this place as it did since 1862 - per the website "The first railroad train came to Manheim from Columbia in 1862, ushering in a period of development in the southern part of town."

We were seated and we all ordered drinks which were served very quickly and accurately per our order from a group of 5. One person had the "Something Different" without bread and with Brussle Spouts, I had the "Flyer" and several others had salads. My sandwich was a little on the greasy side and messy and was just ok tasting. The Something different looked great and I wished I had ordered that. The salads looked ok - not my cup of tea. The service made the meal as our waitress was extremely attentive, efficient and accurate with our orders.

One person in our party had a birthday and was surprised with a dessert with a candle by the waitress. She was surprised and the desserts (I heard as I didn't order one) were 'to die for'. I would definitely return to this place as it is really a cool atmosphere with great service. The food is just ok to average, but next time I think I know what to order to improve the experience.

Reviewed May 6, 2014

Nice variety on the menu and friendly service. We shared some chicken taco soup and crab dip, then decided we were full.

Reviewed May 6, 2014

We were told by a local winery owner about this wonderful place to lunch called the Cat's Meow. She was absolutely right. My wife had the leek soup and it was delicious. I had the Cat's Meow Deli Sandwich. The roast beef and smoked turkey were out of this world. I will be dreaming of this sandwich til the next time I go back. My wife got the Cat's Meow Caesar and it was huge and fresh. She had to take half home. My sandwich was man sized with plenty of meat. This will be our routine now .......shop at Roots and eat at Cat's Meow. Oh and we hit a few wineries too. Waltz Winery is our pick.

1  Thank johnyee57
Reviewed May 6, 2014

Stopped for a quick bite. The Friday night ribs were the bomb. They were perfect. Hats off to the chef. My server was very attentive. Enjoyed my dinner very much. I will be back!!!

Reviewed April 14, 2014

My friend and I had spent the day shopping in Lancaster and wound up here on a recommendation from a storeowner in the next town. We were glad we found it the setting next to a train tracks is cool and I can imagine the outdoor dining would be great if the weather was nice. Lot's to choose from on the menu. I opted for a specialty sandwich, the Bugsy Buster which was a delicious combination of crab cake, swiss and cheddar cheese, cole slaw and shredded fries all toasted on a sourdough bread it was great-not for anyone watching their calories. also a generous glass of wine. The only bad was it was noisy, but a very fun atmosphere. Our server was busy but didn't miss anything. Hostess or owner very nice came over after and spoke with us. I plan to bring my husband back here as there was a lot on the menu I wanted to try.