“Great Fun, But Terrible Food!”
Review of Laserdome

Laserdome
Ranked #6 of 13 things to do in Manheim
More attraction details
Owner description: Special Deals Every Holiday - World Class Laser Tag - Stunning Interactive Dance Floor and 360 Degree Laser Show - Huge Prize Arcade - DJ's & Performances - Parties Large and Small - Voted #1 Place for a Birthday 2010, 2011, 2012, 2013, 2014, 2015 (Lanc. Readers Choice Awards)
Reviewed July 1, 2013

To reward my teen daughter for work well done, I treated her and her best friend to an afternoon at Laserdome, Manheim, PA. The 15 year olds were only interested in the laser tag, which they thoroughly enjoyed, playing twice. Afterwards, I treated them to what I thought would be a quick, convenient lunch...wrong. They told us it would be about a 10 min wait for the pizza/fries; popcorn chicken and popcorn and the 3 small hamburg sliders with fries. They said the wait is because each is done to order (no premade food). Okay. Ten minutes came and went. An employee got her sliders and fries, but I still waited. Another ten minutes and I asked what was up, "Oh, it'll be another 10 min." By the time it arrived, we had waited 30 minutes!! I could have driven home in that time and stopped at McDonald's for a lot less money! The food was awful. My burgers were ice cold and the cheese wasn't even melted. The popcorn chicken was cold and terrible. The fries were HOT, but very bland. The only decent food was the pizza and all you could drink soda. Enjoy the entertainment but skip the food!

1  Thank Cindy Z
Karl R, Owner at Laserdome, responded to this reviewResponded December 30, 2013

Thank you for choosing us for your day of fun, and please accept my sincerest apologies for the experience you had at our snack bar. I completely agree with your conclusions. In our effort to improve our food offerings, we made things worse for a short period that coincided with your trip to Laserdome. Prior to July, we only offered Pizza. Simple, yet effective because we could make it fast and fresh. In July, we installed a new convection oven, so we could make a wider variety of foods, but we were still complete novices, and I'm sorry we let you down. Things have gotten a lot better, we have figured out our cook times, discovered better products, and streamlined our Point of Sale. Also, we have plans in the near future to install a hot-food holding area to improve service even more. I truly appreciate your review, and we view negative feedback as a valuable opportunity to improve Laserdome. Thank You!

Reviewed June 9, 2013

I had my son's birthday party at the Laserdome two yeras ago, and they took care of everthing, and us. Our family and friends had so much fun. I would definitely recommend this place to anyone looking to have an awesome birthday party, or just to hang out, and have fun with the kids. Oh yeah don't forget to check out the Laser show it's the best, and the children love it.

1  Thank JNO718
Karl R, Owner at Laserdome, responded to this reviewResponded December 30, 2013

Thanks for letting us help you make the most memorable birthday party ever! We are very proud of our dedicated party hosts. They truly love their jobs, and making your day. We have fun creating those special moments for your guest-of-honor. Thank again, and we hope to see you for your next birthday party. We were voted the best place for birthdays by Lancaster Newspaper readers, for the 4th year in-a-row!

Reviewed February 24, 2013

Our family has gone to Laserdome for birthday parties and school holidays. My kids are 10, 12, and 13 and they love it here!! It's very reasonably priced if you have coupons or go on special events/holidays. Special events/holidays you get 2 40 minute laser tag sessions then unlimited if you wish. You get some arcade games that are free plus money to spend at the arcade. You get your money's worth. Birthday parties are expensive but create memories for everyone. The parties you get your own hostess who gets everyone checked in, takes coats and gifts, and hands out the arcade cards. You choose what level of party you want but the kids have money to spend at the arcade then its off for 40 minutes playing laser tag. You can add a laser show to the package which is very cool (they offer different music genres to choose from). They offer Maggie Moo's ice cream cakes that you pick right there, the cakes are very good!! The hostess will manage timing of everything including pizza, cake time, and getting your stuff to your car if needed. The staff has always been great and friendly. The arcade has a great variety to choose from and fun prizes the kids can earn. You can keep your card and replenish it thus saving your points for a bigger prize or when you come back!! The place is very loud so if that bothers you I wouldn't come or wear earplugs. There's a nice viewing area for parents to watch the laser tag if you don't participate. My kids always have a blast here and we enjoy coming for the family fun!!

Karl R, Owner at Laserdome, responded to this reviewResponded December 30, 2013

Thank you so much for your repeated patronage, and for such a thorough and accurate review! We have made our holiday events even better, now we limit each 4-hour block to only 120 participants, so you will never have to wait in line to play laser tag or arcades! Also, to help the "grown-ups" cope with the noise, we offer free, fast (50MB/s) wi-fi. We believe in making Laserdome better every day, thanks for helping us make that possible, and we hope to see you again soon!

Reviewed January 23, 2013

They don't seem to advertise too much and I don't know why not...possibly because once you go there you tend to "spread the word" without being asked to. It's a kid's dream--lots to play,it's loud and SO much fun. Don't know what to do for a teen's birthday? Take them here.

1  Thank blankie
Karl R, Owner at Laserdome, responded to this reviewResponded December 30, 2013

Thank you for bringing your Teens to Laserdome! We are happy to provide a fun, clean and safe environment for families and kids of all ages to play. Another great time for teens is every Saturday night, from 9pm until Midnight, we have Laser Glow - with Unlimited Laser Tag, and a Live DJ and laser show with Electronic Dance Music, a night of safe and healthy fun for only $20 per person.

Reviewed December 30, 2012

The Lasertag arena specifically is the best and most advanced in the area. The staff is pleasant and management demonstrated genuine care when I complained about their decision to market strictly towards toddlers. For families, they have a family night in which kids play free with a paying adult. On other days you could play 80mins worth of laser tag for $15. For us older folks, I still find Laser tag fun, very fun. But there isn't much to do in between laser tag sessions. Most arcades are ticket games, several Xbox systems hooked up in multiplayer mode for a specific game such as call of duty or halo, basketball, skee ball, and air hockey. This just about sums up the entertainment available in addition to the laser tag. The machines are often hogged up by the other parties or groups waiting to play Laser tag. There is much room for improvement but laser tag being the reason to visit the dome, they have ensured to maintain the most advanced equipment and facilities for the arena. They have drinks, popcorn and pizza available for purchase. As well as ample seating in the second floor for parties and such.

1  Thank WOLVES911