“Nice Stay”

Ranked #5 of 7 Hotels in Manheim
Hutchinson, Kansas
“Nice Stay”
Reviewed September 11, 2008

There was nothing wrong with my stay, but it didn't blow me away either. It's everything you need and expect, very clean, and friendly staff. We did not try the breakfast. Only problem was that the hotel was full for a soccer tournament and there were young boys running up and down the hall like mad the first night we stayed there. After that, near silence in the hotel. It's a VERY convenient location for the Renaissance Fair and for exploring Amish Country. Not far off the turnpike and amid some very nice scenery and farms.

• Stayed September 2008, traveled as a couple
    • Check in / front desk

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (41)
Pennsylvania
Reviewed June 12, 2008

My wife booked a whirlpool suite for an early summer weekend getaway. Although it cost a little more than I had hoped, it was significantly cheaper than most hotels in Lancaster about 10-15 minutes away.

The whirlpool suite happened to be a handicapped accessible room, meaning that the room was much more spacious than previously anticipated. We also received a room on the back side of the hotel which allowed us to look out our windows at the beautiful, quiet setting of PA Dutch Country farmlands and grassy fields.

The continental breakfast buffet contained cereals, waffles, fruit salad, and pastries. It was slightly smaller in content than some other Country Inn and Suites, but still was very suitable.

My wife and I also took advantage of the pool in the rear of the hotel. It was on the small side, but that didn't matter to us as we were the only people to use it that weekend. The water, however, was extremely cold, but that that was fine with us as it was refreshing on the extremely hot and humid days.

The location of the hotel may be a little out of the way depending on your activity. It is about a 20-minute drive to many of the popular attractions in Lancaster, and around 45 minutes to Hershey. It is also just a few minutes from the PA Renaissance Faire located on the other side of Manheim. One other neat attraction just a minute from the hotel is Roots Farm Market and Auction which is open on Tuesdays.

There is a very nice Country Table family restaurant located next to the hotel which gives a 10% discount to hotel guests. To find other name-brand restaurants, you would have to drive to Lancaster about 10-15 minutes away.

Overall, my wife and I had a very relaxing weekend getaway at this hotel, and we would gladly make a return visit in the future.

• Liked — The quiet location of the hotel
  • Stayed June 2008, traveled as a couple
    • Check in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
wayne,pa
Reviewed August 18, 2007

VIsit the area every August for the Renaissance Faire. Chose to stay closer this time so booked this motel. What a mistake. I booked on line and got a rate of $139 per night for the weekend plus tax. Luckily I always print my reservations. When I checked in I asked the surly woman at the frontdesk if my debit card was going to be charged and she said no. The next day I checked my balance and saw the Inn had not only put a hold on the 2 nights, but an extra $50 or so. I was furious. I asked the woman about it and she first denied it. She then checked and said it was only an authorization and they add some extra money in for charges. I have no idea what charges as this place had no amenities whatsoever. On checkout, I asked another surly woman about my bill and she tried to charge me $149 a night. I demanded to know why and at first she told me rates go up on the weekend and to contact the Internet company. I demanded to see the manager who was conveniently not there. I held my ground and she charged the original rate.
This place is far inferior to the local Hampton Inn, Courtyard and HIlton Garden Inn. The breakfast- if you can call it that- was awful. Only positive was that the room was clean. The pool was miniscule, esp for the amount of guests staying here. Don't.

• Liked — location
  • Disliked — no business services- a disgrace in this day and age; horrible frontdesk
  • Stayed August 2007, traveled with family
    • Check in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
Maryland
Reviewed November 8, 2006

Our family of 3 decided to stay at Country Inn & Suites in Manheim after having a wonderful experience at another Country Inn & Suites in another state earlier this year, and we were not disappointed at all with this hotel. It looked very new, clean, friendly staff, complimentary continental breakfast, and is adjacent to Kreider Farms restaurant which offers a tour of the farm that we really enjoyed. We were on the first floor near the lobby, which I thought might have been noisy, but it was not. The lobby was large, clean, and had a nice fireplace and a wooden staircase which made it look so homey. Loved every bit of it and highly recommend it if you're looking for a good central location between Lancaster/Dutch Wonderland/Amish tourist attractions and Hershey Park. Be sure to visit Lancaster County Bible Church while in the area too - it is awesome!

Stayed November 2006
3 Thank MDMommmmm
Northallerton, United Kingdom
Reviewed October 14, 2006

We were going to Hershey for the annual auto-jumble but driving up from Washington and then going on to Lancaster County after Hershey. All the Hotels in Hershey were booked or very expensive and those in Harrisburg had mediocre reviews so I chose this.
Easy to find, can see from the road with big car park in front. Appears to be a recent build. Warm welcome from guests sitting outside and Mary-Ann(?) on reception. Quickly found us on their system. She gave us a comprehensive review of how the Hotel works (as we had never stayed with them before), recommended then booked us into an excellent restaurant for dinner.
Room was clean and had a big double (triple) bed, sitting area with bed-setee, fridge, microwave and 2 TV's! Bathroom was clean and modern. There was an outdoor swimming pool although it was covered (it was October), I didn't investigate if it was drained. Free cookies, fruit and hot drinks all day in lobby. Simple basic breakfast buffet included in price.
Location was great for us, about 40 minutes through country roads up to Hershey. Choice of several local restaurants for dinner. Manheim itself seemed to be the local centre for second hand car sales but we didn't really explore the town or environs.
Check out was quick and simple. Great.

• Stayed October 2006, traveled as a couple
5 Thank Chris_NYorks
New York
Reviewed October 4, 2006

My family of our (husband and I, 2-year-old and 4-year-old) Enjoyed our stay here. Our first room reeked of fresh paint so they moved us the next day to a better room no questions asked.

Be sure to ask for a room in the back facing the cornfields, which is quieter with a nicer view. Pool is not big but big enough for us and other guests to enjoy at the end of the day.

Breakfast buffet was a nice suprise, with lots of hot coffee and flavored creamer, bagels, hard-boiled eggs, muffins, toast and an assortment of cereal. We all ate well each morning! The woman minding the area was terrific, and let the kids come back for snacks and juice after hours. Also nice warm cookies at front desk!

My only slight disappointment was receiving a pack n play instead of a crib but my 2 year-old wound up sharing the pullout couch with his sister anyway! Happy with hotel and would return again!

• Liked — quiet location yet close to dutch wonderland
  • Disliked — no real crib
  • Tips/Secrets — get room in the back, facing cornfields
  • Stayed August 2006, traveled with family
7 Thank abubniak
Kissimmee
Reviewed July 23, 2006

Stayed at this motel July 3-4 while visiting Amish Country.

The motel itself is spotless and the service is excellent. Although the check in clerk was absent for about 5 minutes when we arrived, she apologized, saying she was taking towels to the pool. She was extremely helpful during our stay, offering dining suggestions and information about the area.

We had a two-room suite that overlooked some beautiful farmland. Everything in the room was clean and well-maintained. The room was cleaned thoroughly each day.

The motel is in a relatively remote location, but you can reach plenty of interesting sites within 15 minutes or so by car. There are several scenic drives nearby.

The breakfast buffet was excellent each morning with hot foods offered such as biscuits with ham or sausage gravy.

Overall an excellent motel.

Stayed June 2006
5 Thank ramped
Also consider these accommodations in or near Manheim
Hampton Inn & Suites Mount Joy / Lancaster West
Lititz Inn & Suites
Lititz Inn & Suites
#2 of 2 in Lititz
Comfort Inn & Suites Manheim - Lebanon

Been to Lancaster Inn & Suites? Share your experiences!