“Service with a Smile”

Lancaster Inn & Suites
Ranked #5 of 7 Hotels in Manheim
Reviewed August 23, 2012

Enjoyed a recent two night stay at the County Inn and Suites, Manheim. Two rooms were booked for our family on a great deal through the Carlson Members website. This property is located approximately 8 miles from the most visited Pa Dutch attractions, but very easy to find and in a quiet rural area.

The rooms and all common areas were exceptionally clean and well kept. We had a one bedroom suite and a double queen room. Housekeeping did a wonderful job of cleaning the rooms. The staff at the front desk greeted you with a smile when you entered the doors of the lobby. Very nice! The women who maintained the breakfast area were friendly and efficient. They kept the tables and areas tidy and well stocked - thank you to them!! The breakfast consisted of cereal, toast, bagels, muffins, danish, oatmeal, belgium waffles, juices, coffee etc. It was enough to start the day off right.

The property has a small outdoor swimming pool - this is not heated. It was a bit cool, but my children enjoyed it none the less. There is also a small fitness room, laundry, coffee available 24 hours and cookies at the front desk.

One thing to note is that this property was going to be changing names in the near future. Not sure how that will impact future guests.

The only negative, and this is no fault of the hotel, would be families who let their children run wild in the room. We were located right beneath the future olympian gold medal track winner!!

Reviewed August 12, 2012

Outstanding customer service! Arrived on Monday night, needing to find a Honda dealer to address a mechanical problem. The staff found the nearest Honda dealer, arranged for a rental car (at the corporate rate associated with the hotel account) and provided special gift bags for my children. Throughout our five night stay, the staff was very helpful in providing tourist information, and always had a ready smile.

The sign in the lobby currently reads "Becoming the Lancaster Inn and Suites in September 2012". If the same staff is on board come September, the change in affiliation should not be an issue. Will definitely stay again!.

Reviewed August 12, 2012

We stayed at the Country Inn & Suites after a full, opening day of the Pennsylvania Renaissance Faire and enjoyed the sleepover. We found his hotel to be a good alternative to the Hampton Inn, across the street from the main gate of the Faire. It is a quick eight mile drive away with a number of restaurant choices (there is a big diner in Manheim).

The Inn itself is clean and the staff is friendly and accommodating. We did not book a suite but found our room to be spacious. The only minus would be the lack of a flat screen Tv but that's nit picking.

The hotel offers a small fitness center and a pool, which we did not use. Access was locked 30 minutes
after the posted opening time on a Sunday morning. I'm sure the front desk would have unlocked the door had we asked.

Complimentary breakfast was hot and delicious although no eggs were offered during our visit. The biscuits and gravy rocked.

This is a smoke free hotel but there are ash trays and rocking chairs located on the "front porch."

Internet access is free on a single computer in the lobby "business center."

The hotel sells bags of ice for large coolers.

The location of this hotel is perfect for those who wish to fill out their Renaissance Faire weekend with other stops in Amish Country.

Room Tip: Outside noise is NOT a factor where this hotel is located. This is farm country.
  • Stayed: August 2012, traveled as a couple
Reviewed August 7, 2012

I had a really long trip. The hotel I was supposed to stay at in historic Lancaster turned out to be a nightmare and I found myself locating hotels in my GPS. I found Country Inn & Suites in Manheim at the top the list of hotels on my nuvi and hit Go. Upon arriving, I was greeted warmly only to learn that the hotel was booked for the night. It was opening weekend for the Pennsylvania Renaissance Faire in Manheim (totally recommend) and Hershey is nearby. I wasn't surprised. The hotel staff (Gabby) was very kind and suggested other area hotels. They even had a hand written list with cost and room sizes available. She offered to give them my name and such so that they could hold a room for me. It was very thoughtful and a service I haven't come across at any other hotel. She went above and beyond for me.

The hotel inside is beautiful. Even though I did not get to stay here, I would recommend it based on the service of their staff and first impressions.

Room Tip: Book in advance!
1  Thank Gyspy R
Reviewed August 1, 2012

Let me Clarify my title. My wife & I have been in many Country Inn & suites, loved them all. This one is no different, nice & clean, staff very efficient & friendly. The hotel was out of the way in the "boonies", both good & bad. Breakfast was good quality. If we weren't relocating, down South, in the fall, would definitely come back.

Room Tip: I recommend a corner type room on the first floor, we had 2 queens, would have preferred a king room...
  • Stayed: July 2012, traveled with family
2  Thank Fman1150
Reviewed July 21, 2012

Left hotel with bites all over. Could not use pool because of the multitude of locals and their kids hanging out at the pool. The hotel itself was good, but I would not stay again because of those pr0oblems. Management did not believe that this was a problem, but I have bites to prove it.

Room Tip: Check for bed bugs.
  • Stayed: July 2012, traveled on business
2  Thank elimar2
ManheimMark, General Manager at Lancaster Inn & Suites, responded to this reviewResponded July 27, 2012

I am sorry you experienced possible bug bites while you were here in Lancaster County. I would most appreciate you contacting me so I may have the room you stayed in professionally checked. With our hotel being located among the farms of Lancaster County we take a very pro-active approach to bugs of any kind. We use the latest methods available to save-guard us. We have the VCM Products, LLC monitors between every mattress and boxspring and these are checked every time a bed is made. Orkin checks and services our hotel as needed on a monthly basis. With our hotel being in the wide open country of Lancaster County seeing local children is a rarity. While we are always glad to see our hotel full, I can assure you only our guests have the use of our swimming pool. Your contacting me would be most appreciated. Mark Krotulski, CHA General Manager (717) 665-5440

Reviewed June 11, 2012

This was our third stay at a Country Inn and Suites, and they always deliver a clean, comfortable room that fits my wife, myself, and our 17 year old son perfectly. We get the suite so he can watch TV and text to his hearts content, and we can watch what we want and go to sleep when we want. This hotel had an outdoor pool which I did not have time to use, but it was clean and overlooked the fields beyond the hotel.
The rate includes breakfast every day. Cereal, pastries, bagels, and a make your own waffle station mean you can get a hot breakfast in a clean setting made fresh, not stored under some heat lamp, or just some donuts and danish sitting on a tray.
The hotel is out in the middle of nowhere, but there are stores within 10 minutes, and you can get to the tourist destinations in Lancaster County within 30 minutes. The distance away was good for a 10-15% discount over rates at the closer hotels, and that was certainly worth it.

• Stayed: June 2012, traveled with family
2  Thank Parrothead_at_heart
Also consider these accommodations in or near Manheim
Eden Resort and Suites, BW Premier Collection
#4 of 7 in Manheim
Lititz Inn & Suites
Lititz Inn & Suites
#2 of 2 in Lititz

Been to Lancaster Inn & Suites? Share your experiences!