“My Favorite of Favorite Places”

Mount Hope Estate & Winery, home of the Pennsylvania Renaissance Faire
Book In Advance
More Info
$116.88*
and up
VIP Private Wine Tour with Lunch in Hershey from Lancaster
Ranked #1 of 13 things to do in Manheim
More attraction details
Owner description: This winery is also home to a theater group, Pennsylvania Renaissance Faire's Acting Company, which puts on performances regularly.
Reviewed August 26, 2014

I attend the Ren Faire, every single year. As a budget careful traveler I usually attend during the Red Cross Blood Drive (free ticket), opening two weekends (buy one get one), or when I find them on Half.com. I always purchase the mug or cup that lets me drink all day much cheaper and I stay from open to close. Yes, I dress up every year and I have never, ever been disappointed in my day. I love the shows, the people, the shops. I do something different every time. Sometimes I hit every show, other times I do more silly things (palm reading and human chess). Once I spent my entire time tasting and buying wines. It is amazing because every time I go I have a unique experience and I the infectious nature of several hundred people all doing their own thing, every one of us in our own unique weirdness accepted and celebrated. It is a Great human experience, and I will continue to every year I can. I have attended with my 4 children and extended family, as a couple with my husband, and as friends. Each type is different and each offers something fun. This year I took my SIL, my daughter, and her boyfriend to the Time Travelers weekend (buy 1 , get 1) and they had the TARDIS. My daughter is an insane Dr. Who fan so it was ever more awesome then usual.

Reviewed August 21, 2014

This was my 3rd visit, and it WON'T be my last!!! With different weekend themes, there's something for everyone-no matter how old, or how young (adult themed shows are marked). I was part of the Hypnotist's act this time, and I really hope they bring him back, as this was the most fun I've had!!! If you're planning a trip to Ren-Faire, hypnotist Rick Stratton is a must see!!!

Reviewed August 21, 2014 via mobile

This is my 8th time coming in 2 years, the kids just have a ball all around. They love the pirates, the mud squad, dad loves the beer the food the cigars the Duo of Woo!!!!

Reviewed August 20, 2014

This is the renaissance faire to go to in the northeast if you have children in strollers or family members in wheelchairs. The grounds are fully paved and although the hills will be challenge, you won't find any other NE faire this accessible.

Reviewed August 19, 2014 via mobile

This is my 3rd visit here for the Renaissance faire, I always feel like I step back in time walking around the grounds. The place is beautiful with the buildings and grounds in period settings. The people working there are so nice and really enjoy putting on a show for you. The food is great and the shops sell everything you can think of for that time period. Will definitely be returning again in the future

1  Thank doug6458

Travelers who viewed Mount Hope Estate & Winery, home of the Pennsylvania Renaissance Faire also viewed

Lancaster, Lancaster County

Lititz, Lancaster County
Manheim, Lancaster County

Been to Mount Hope Estate & Winery, home of the Pennsylvania Renaissance Faire? Share your experiences!