“PA Ren Faire - one of the best”

Mount Hope Estate & Winery, home of the Pennsylvania Renaissance Faire
Book In Advance
More Info
$116.88*
and up
VIP Private Wine Tour with Lunch in Hershey from Lancaster
Ranked #1 of 11 things to do in Manheim
More attraction details
Owner description: This winery is also home to a theater group, Pennsylvania Renaissance Faire's Acting Company, which puts on performances regularly.
Lansdowne, Pennsylvania
6 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 3 helpful votes
“PA Ren Faire - one of the best”
Reviewed December 6, 2013

This faire just keeps getting better and better every year. So many more stages and shows to take in. The shops with all their handmade items are places to go to get some unique gifts. I love seeing many of the same actors year after year - it's like visiting family. My kids (now grown) have taken on their own traditions of going to the Ren Faire with their significant others and many friends. It's a great day out. Make sure you stay through the Finale in Song performances - here you will get a small sampling of some of the acts which you may have missed during the day - and of course its where everyone kisses and makes up with the queen. My nephews always beg for me to take them along when we go - they love it as well. I'm not sure if I should worry that one of them always wants to root for the "bad guys"! LOL!! CHEAT TO WIN!

My only negative: I do wish their ticket prices were lower (that's why I only gave 4 stars). It's hard to bring a family of 4 (or more) plus purchasing the foods (giant turkey leg is a must). The last few years I've made it a point to go either opening weekend or closing weekend in order to take advantage of the two passes for the price of one. Showing up in costume is another way to lower the price. Also, check on line and go to your local community centers, they often have discount tickets available.

Visited October 2013

Baltimore, Maryland
3 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 2 helpful votes
“Excellent Festival presentation”
Reviewed December 2, 2013

I have been to several festivals and found this one to be such fun. Lovely presentation of shops and such unique offerings, of course the food was yummy with many items to choose from. The grounds are very hilly, however, and pushing a wheel chair up the hill to exit was a challenge. Thanks to the wonderful gentleman who helped us, I can't wait to go next fall,! With my husband, he will love it as well, I am su, if you need hotel reservations the Euphra Hampton Inn is a great choice,

Visited August 2013
Trenton, New Jersey, United States
“Renaissance Faire”
Reviewed November 20, 2013

Love the place,use to go there yearly at least twice. But the tickets prices have gone up to much for me so for the last 3 years I been taking the family to the New York Faire. I like PA better but is the same traveling distance for both, and NY has the same price PA did years ago. Maybe if their ticket prices went down to NY level, I would be able to bring the family there again.

Visited December 2012
Lehighton, Pennsylvania, United States
“Perfect!”
Reviewed November 20, 2013

I've always loved the renaissance faire! Each year I save up and look forward to it!

I only have one issue- I remember about 3 years ago there was a character named Rodrick, I LOVED him. I've been every year (3 times each year) since then and he hasn't been around. :( I'm very disappointed and request that they return him to the program, he was absolutely the best and the ending sorcery at the joust just perfected it!

Finally, this year the joust was alright, It was good however it was better with Roderick, but the overall experience, the people, the shops is amazing!

Visited October 2013
New York City, New York
41 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 47 helpful votes
“Amazing”
Reviewed November 19, 2013

I had a blast at the 2013 renaissance fair, I had so much fun! The space is amazing, you really feel like you are on a village a couple of centuries ago. The beer, the wine, and the food are excellent! In case you have children, they have lots of activities for children, if you are an adult and want to go with your friends, you also have so many activities for your age. So I 100% recommend it!

Visited September 2013

Travelers who viewed Mount Hope Estate & Winery, home of the Pennsylvania Renaissance Faire also viewed

Ronks, Lancaster County
Lancaster, Lancaster County

Been to Mount Hope Estate & Winery, home of the Pennsylvania Renaissance Faire? Share your experiences!