Mount Hope Estate & Winery, home of the Pennsylvania Renaissance Faire
and up
VIP Private Wine Tour with Lunch in Hershey from Lancaster
Ranked #1 of 13 things to do in Manheim
More attraction details
Owner description: This winery is also home to a theater group, Pennsylvania Renaissance Faire's Acting Company, which puts on performances regularly.
Reviewed December 22, 2012

Excellent is the only word to sum this event up! My husband is not really a live theatre person -- in fact, I believe that the last live performance he attended was our daughter's high school play (and she is recently married)! But, it has been a long time since I have seen him laugh out loud as he did.

The performances were fast paced; you hardly knew that you were in the performance for the amount of time which you were & very well done. The audience participated in many parts of the performances and because it is quite an intimate setting, you felt as if the actors were right in your own living room! You will laugh, sing, laugh, be completely transfixed and then laugh again. When you do leave the performance, you will be in the Christmas spirit! I would definitely recommend to anyone looking for an inexpensive, fun filled event at this special time of the year!

Reviewed December 22, 2012

We did the dinner and a show. Start off with a nice buffet dinner at the restaurant. Salmon, chicken Cor Don Bleu, and pork with green beans and red potatoes were served buffet style, and were very good. After dinner we were taken over to the mansion and a Xmas carol was shown at 3 different location in the mansion. I don't want to spoil the show but a can tell you that you will laugh, participate in the shows, and feel that you are part of the Xmas spirit. A first class production well worth the admission fee.

Reviewed December 19, 2012

what a nice treat in early December to put you in the Christmas spirit and rev your engines for the holidays. The cast of the Mt. Hope estate Dickens performance did an excellent job at the retelling of some old christmas story favorites. Upon your entry to the estate, you will be greeted by Mr. and Mrs. Fezziwig while you wait for the beginning of your first assigned story. There are 3 performances that are provided, and guests are assigned an order of story-telling upon entry. The stories range from the serious telling of the Gift of the Magi, to the laughter and fun of Belle's Dating Game in the main hall, to the swift and clever re-enactment of A Christmas Carol in the chapel hall. You will laugh, sing and engage in the two hours that you will spend being entertained by this very talented cast of individuals. We only did the performance, but the estate also offers dinner and show, at the swashbuckler pub next door.

Reviewed November 20, 2012

This was so much fun. I went with my Mom and we were pleasantly surprised that we both were able to get discount tickets - there was a discount for seniors and students. It was also military weekend, so they had a special for military as well. I also saw some men in uniform escorting the queen in a parade - I thought that was very nice to have them participate.
This is the biggest renfaire that I've ever been to. It really looks like a village so there are lots of places to explore, costumes are great, a lot of entertainment going on all over the place. The food selection is awesome and there are free wine tastings at Bacchus'. We sampled several and ended up buying six bottles. I am sadly on my last one. I had a yummy gyro, tasty red velvet cake. We shared a brownie sundae - be prepared for bees to visit you when you're having dessert. One died because I wasn't sharing. My mom had fun looking at all of the jewelry. There are a ton of shops with all kinds of interesting things. The glassblower does demonstrations. The joust was awesome, they have pyro and stunt people leaping off the tower, I was quite impressed and I used to live in Vegas - think it was much better than Excalibur! There was all kinds of drama and it was fun, but they really need more seating. We enjoyed Giacomo and Paolo, there was an alright Celtic group, but the ones who stole the day for best show ever were the Lucy & Ploppy show - most hilarious show ever, don't miss it (be warned it is not child appropriate). I will go to this faire whenever I am in PA, it was great. The roads are nice and paved so you don't get as dirty as other places but there is still plenty of dirt. I enjoyed it, check it out.

Reviewed November 9, 2012

ooohh where to start? The funny antics of the actors? The fantastic food? The wonderful shows? The PA Ren Faire is a magical place! The shops offer beautiful trinkets, masks, Ren era clothes, and baby dragons! (small lizards) The faire runs August to Oct every year! Do yourself a favor and partake of a grand adventure!

Travelers who viewed Mount Hope Estate & Winery, home of the Pennsylvania Renaissance Faire also viewed

Manheim, Lancaster County
Lancaster, Lancaster County

Been to Mount Hope Estate & Winery, home of the Pennsylvania Renaissance Faire? Share your experiences!