“awful!!!! don't stay there!!”

Hampton Inn Manheim
Ranked #3 of 7 Hotels in Manheim
Mechanicsville, Virginia
“awful!!!! don't stay there!!”
Reviewed March 19, 2014

we stayed for two nights! I looked into the air vent and there was a bunch of dead stinkbugs lying in there! when we were checking in the staff took a while to come out and was arguing as she was walking to us. she wasn't friendly at all and seemed like we were interupting her. the fire alarm went off at 4 in the morning and we had to evacuate the building. that was on the night that I had to get up at 6 in the morning!!!!!! then after I had left for the day our teammates said that it went off three other times! the reason for going off was because it just goes off randomly for no reason! the hotel was located In the middle of nowhere you had to get on the interstate just to get dinner! it was the worst hotel ever and I would never ever ever stay there again!!!!!!

• Stayed February 2014
1 Thank anna1541
Heidi W, General Manager at Hampton Inn Manheim, responded to this review, March 21, 2014
We apologize that you encountered such a negative experience while staying with us. As you can see, based on other guest’s experiences and reviews, this is certainly not the normal feedback we receive. As far as the stinkbugs you mentioned, we work very closely with an environmentally friendly and professional pest control company. With the warmer weather, they do find their way through vents in homes as well as places of business in this area. We try our very best to try and control this. They are by no means a reflection of our cleanliness or service that we strive so hard to achieve.
Our Guest Services department is known for their outstanding customer service and I have never heard any feedback like yours. If you would like to personally call me regarding this, I would like to hear more details about this experience because my guests comfort and quality of stay is highly important to me.
The fire alarm that went off looks as if it was caused by someone tampering with the pull station. The situation is still under investigation, and we do have some strong leads. This is the reason why we hire security when we have a hotel full of sports teams, because we encourage the parents to watch over their children at all times, as well as outline this code of conduct in the team contracts.
Again I apologize about your stay and if there is anything further that you would like to address with me, please feel free to contact me personally.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (52)
Dover, Delaware
Reviewed March 19, 2014 via mobile

We attended the Irish Rumble volleyball tournament at nearby Spooky Nook complex (15 min away via some beautiful back roads). This was by far one of the nicest hotels in the Manheim / Lancaster area. Just a short half mile off I-76.

The staff was always welcoming us coming in the door. Nicely appointed lobby w fireplace to ward off the chilly evenings. They had bins of water, fruit and even candy bars for your trip out the door or a welcome return. Yes, they had the traditional yummy Hampton cookies.

Hallways were carpeted, quiet and nicely decorated. The rooms nicely appointed as well but seemed a bit smaller than others but maybe that was my end of a long volleyball day mind slipping. Beds comfortable, microwave, mini fridge, tall cabinet to hang clothes since they didn't have a traditional closet. TV, desk, etc. I can't recall seeing a safe but it wasn't needed. Bathroom had a corner cabinet and was simple but clean.

There wasn't a whole lot to do for dining in the immediate hotel vicinity except a few local restaurants. Less than 7 miles away is a Five Guys Burgers, Golden Corral, Friendly's and a Ruby Tuesdays.

As a traveling road warrior for work and volleyball, this Hampton Inn is a nice respite in your travels. Clean, hospitable and a Hampton. I'm glad I read the Trip Advisor reviews and booked this hotel rather than a closer one in Lancaster. You won't go wrong staying here.

Bruce Campbell
Volleyball Dad

Stayed March 2014
1 Thank DE_Auditor
Thank you for your very detailed and positive review regarding your recent stay with us. We always have so much fun with the Irish Rumble volleyball teams and parents. Great group of people! I am very pleased that you noticed the hospitable touch that we added to that weekend. We put out the tables of snacks and beverages because we know how long the tournaments run and we wanted everyone to know they had our support!
We appreciate your compliments on the clean and comfortable surroundings that you mentioned.
Our guests comfort and quality of stay is our top priority!
We certainly look forward to next year’s tournament and we can not wait to welcome you back!
Thanks "Volleyball Dad" for the great review!
Tarrytown, New York
Reviewed March 14, 2014

We stayed here while in town for a trade event, and felt cozy and at home just walking into the lobby. A stone fireplace with comfy seating, easy access to computers, and they had cookies, fruit, yogurt, sodas, coffee and tea all in the lounge for guests. Beds were comfy and staff was very nice. Went to the Blue Bird Inn for dinner and it was delicious!

• Stayed March 2014, traveled on business

1 Thank AshRoon
WARRENTON, United States
Reviewed March 10, 2014

It was a late check in however the staff was very upbeat and helpful. Meet with a smile and was even offered a free soda pop. The Coke was a big lift at that time of check in. It is the small things that become bigger as the time goes by. Keep up the good work and I plan to return in the next couple of weeks.

• Stayed March 2014, traveled on business

1 Thank Robert C
Cleveland, OH, United States
Reviewed March 3, 2014

If you travel to the Lebanon Valley in PA the Manheim Hampton is the ONLY place to stay. From check-in, through the complimentary breakfast to check-out the staff is friendly and efficient. Rooms are always clean. Everyone on staff makes you feel like family. I travel for business and I look forward to my visits to PA because of the people at Hampton.

• Stayed February 2014, traveled on business

1 Thank Joe R
Heidi W, General Manager at Hampton Inn Manheim, responded to this review, March 4, 2014
We appreciate your "hands down" review and high recommendations of our property! We take a lot of pride in the comfortable and clean surroundings that our guests experience while staying with us. Thank you for your compliments on our friendly and efficient staff and clean rooms. I am so pleased to hear that we were able to make you feel like a part of our family! We love our guests! We appreciate your loyalty and we can not wait to welcome you back on your next business trip to the Manheim area. Thank you again for the great review.
Albany, NY
Reviewed February 27, 2014

The rooms are clean and in working order for the price that you pay on average. The furniture is old and some common areas seem worn.

I really like the manager's reception, except they didn't offer wine when I was there - only beer and hot dogs as the main eats. This reception could be up-scaled with wine, better food, etc. in my opinion. Every staff member at the hotel was friendly, accommodating, smiling, etc. The staff makes this place - everything else is average.

• Stayed February 2014, traveled on business
1 Thank STEBAY711
Thank you for your review about your recent stay with us. We are in the process of updating and renovating the property to make our guests experience a memorable one. As you may have noticed we just completed renovations in all of our public areas, including our newly designed lobby and fitness center. I am pleased to hear that you could come down and take advantage of our Managers reception. We do try to rotate different ideas to liven up the menu. Beer and hot dogs may not be too upscale but believe it or not this is our top request! We do appreciate your input, and if there is something in particular that you would like to see on the menu just let us know. We'll make it happen!
We do have a wonderful staff and I thank you for recognizing and complimenting them. We love what we do here and we love our guests! Thank you for being our guest and we hope to see you soon!
Pittsburgh
Reviewed February 25, 2014

Hotel was fine. Fire alarm went off 4 times. Was told that they didn't know what was wrong - faulty system. Said that anything dealing with the fire system did not warrant any reimbursement or compensation.

• Stayed February 2014, traveled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with Hampton

Also consider these accommodations in or near Manheim
Comfort Inn & Suites Manheim - Lebanon
Warehouse Hotel
Warehouse Hotel
#2 of 7 in Manheim
Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Lebanon

Been to Hampton Inn Manheim? Share your experiences!