“Green Device is really RED.”

Hampton Inn Manheim
Ranked #4 of 7 Hotels in Manheim
Reviewed May 17, 2013

The sensor had a bright red light that kept me up during the night. I did not notice it until I turned out the lights to go to bed. I phoned the front desk but there was nothing that they could do about it. I understand that the system was put in to save on electricity by shutting down the HVAC when the room is not occupied, but the light is intolerable. Some other type device would be able to do the same thing, but without the annoying light. The hotel staff did use the satisfaction guarantee so I did not pay for the room, but the issue wasn't resolved. I enjoy staying at Hampton Inn, but I enjoy a restful night's sleep more.

• Stayed: May 2013, traveled on business
Review collected in partnership with Hampton
Heidi W, General Manager at Hampton Inn Manheim, responded to this reviewResponded May 23, 2013

Our guests comfort and quality of sleep is extremely important to us. I apologize that the red light on the motion sensor unit disrupted your sleep. Our hotel has a commitment to the environment and as such has adopted a "Green" program. The units in the rooms help us to fulfill that commitment to going green. I am glad that we were able to stand by our 100% Hampton Guarantee and take care of your stay. Please call me personally if you ever come back to the property. I do have a solution to the light sensitivity you experienced. On a side note, I would like to thank you for recognizing the cleanliness and customer service you rated so high in this review.

Reviewed April 29, 2013

As usual the Hampton Inn did not disappoint. The hotel was very clean and offered breakfast too. The breakfast had many selections not just a donut and coffee. Staff was very helpful and pleasant (especially the morning gals). Had a hiccup in my reservation but they explained it and resolved it immediately. If I go back to Manheim I will definitely stay there. If not...Hampton Inn is always number one on my list.

Room Tip: The room we chose was a king w/whirlpool suite. It was great to have the extra space even though it...
  • Stayed: April 2013, traveled as a couple
Heidi W, General Manager at Hampton Inn Manheim, responded to this reviewResponded May 1, 2013

Thank you for your review on our hotel. We work very hard to impress our guests, and I am happy to hear that you noticed that. Our hotel has a wonderful staff, and our main goal is to make sure that you have a clean, comfordable room, with a hot breakfast to start your day off on the right foot! We do indeed have some great varieties for breakfast and our breakfast staff loves to connect with the guests. I am pleased to hear that we were able to resolve any reservation glitches at your time of arrival so that you could thoroughly enjoy a good nights sleep. Our Front Desk staff is always at your service to make sure you are happy with your surroundings and they always go out of their way to offer you different room types if you are not pleased for any reason. You shared a great tip about the whirlpool room. That is a very nice room with a lot of extra space. The whirlpool is a great way to relax after a long day of driving! Since we do not have many of those room types, we suggest you book those in advance. We hope to be able to serve you again in the near future. Thank you again for telling others about your experience at the Hampton inn Manheim.

Reviewed April 27, 2013

Hotel has always been great, but this time I woke up with bites all over my legs. Reported it to the hotel staff, who couldn't have been more bored. "Thanks, I'll pass it along." So much for the 100% Satisfaction Guaranteed promise.

• Stayed: April 2013, traveled solo
1  Thank Sally W
Heidi W, General Manager at Hampton Inn Manheim, responded to this reviewResponded May 13, 2013

Thank you for the feedback regarding your recent stay with us. Not only is our guests comfort extremely important to us, but so is their health and safety . We work closely with a professional pest control company to address and correct any pest situation that might occur. I can assure you that we do not have evidence of bed bugs at this property and I can provide reports to back that promise up. Our staff does stand by the Hampton Guarantee, and if you're not completely satisfied for any reason, we do stand by that guarantee. I am curious about your check out experience, so please don't hesitate to contact me. (717) 665 - 6600. I would really like the opportunity to talk with you directly.

Reviewed April 25, 2013

Excellent Hotel. Our stay was wonderful. Very friendly staff. Beautiful lobby. Internet available in lobby and in rooms. Sevice service breakfast was great. Orange juice was wonderful. Coffee was a welcome smell. Cookies available in lobby all night.

• Stayed: April 2013, traveled with friends
Review collected in partnership with Hampton
Heidi W, General Manager at Hampton Inn Manheim, responded to this reviewResponded May 2, 2013

Thank you for your compliments on our hotel, staff and amenities. We appreciate you taking the time to tell others about your stay here. Please come back and visit us again soon!

Reviewed April 21, 2013

Ended up in the area after driving around Lancaster, Bird-in-Hand and such. Wanted a decent place as we'd seen alot of "carriage inns" on the roadside which were clearly $35/night dumps. Nothing carriage-like about them at all. Anyway, checked on Trip Advisor and other hotel websites just to see what was around and had just turned the car around in the Hampton Inn driveway. After finding a great (AAA) rate for a deluxe king, we had a great night. Fantastic room (bedroom in a separate room) and what a great bed. Loved it and would stay again. FYI, coffee pots have no "pots" - you simply use the cups in their place. Oh and they have cookies at Reception. Late check-out at 12 and buffet breakfast until 10AM. Pool outside for warmer weather. You do not hear the highway noise and the landscaping around hotel, although minimal, is pleasant and sufficient. I/We would definitely stay here again. We went for dinner at Farmers Hope Inn just down the road (approx. 1/2 mi) which was also very nice but that's a separate review. :)

Stayed: April 2013, traveled as a couple
Heidi W, General Manager at Hampton Inn Manheim, responded to this reviewResponded April 24, 2013

I am so happy that you found us after exploring your options around Lancaster County! I am pleased to hear that we provided such comfortable accomodations for you. Our "Cloud Nine" bedding is something that our guests remember and look forward to upon returning to our property. The single serve coffee pods are a great way to have a fresh cup of hot brewed coffee each time! We always have extra at the front desk if you ever want more! Also, we have a 24 hour coffee bar in our dining room. The cookies are our way of welcoming you and we bake them fresh daily... nothing like a sweet treat to put a smile on your face! Breakfast is always served 6am - 10 am daily and you will notice a rotating hot menu each day. The oatmeal bar and fresh fruit salad are the two most popular items! We do indeed extend our check out time until 12:00pm. We want our guests to be refreshed and energized for their day! On a side note, we just started our spring landscaping this week. The hotel looks beautiful, so please come back and visit us again soon...also thank you for sharing your pictures. We appreciate your feedback.

Reviewed April 18, 2013

Very secure and quiet hotel. Room was very clean and is a good value for the money. Very convenient location off of RT 76 where many tourist, shopping and restaurants located nearby. Would highly recommend this hotel for one or more night stay.

• Stayed: April 2013, traveled solo
Review collected in partnership with Hampton
Heidi W, General Manager at Hampton Inn Manheim, responded to this reviewResponded April 22, 2013

Thank you for the review. We appreciate you pointing out the convenience and quietness of our location and the value of the price that you paid for your room. We are a great in between location if you're planning on visiting the Hershey and Lancaster areas, with a travel time of approximately 30 minutes from each tourist spot. Please keep us in mind next time you're passing through!

Reviewed April 8, 2013

This is where we stay for business. I have stayed more than 20 times and usually get very good service. The staff are happy and more than willing to help! It may not be special but it is just what I need for Work!

Room Tip: Rooms are good but there is some noise from the nearby highway.
  • Stayed: March 2013, traveled on business
Heidi W, General Manager at Hampton Inn Manheim, responded to this reviewResponded April 17, 2013

Thank you for choosing us as your home away from home while you're in the area for business. Our staff enjoys what they do and I am pleased to hear that it shows! We want to continue serving you, however it sounds like we may not be going that extra mile to WOW you...please consider taking some time out of your day to personally call me, or send me an e-mail with some ideas on how we can make it a more special experience for you...we have lots of guests with personal preferences such as room type, room location or even a favorite snack or treat that we specifically accomodate to let them know that every guest is special to us indeed! Hopefully I will hear from you soon! Thank you for the review.

Also consider these accommodations in or near Manheim
Comfort Inn & Suites Manheim - Lebanon
Comfort Suites
Comfort Suites
#3 of 7 in Manheim
Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Lebanon

Been to Hampton Inn Manheim? Share your experiences!