“Good food & hangout”

Ranked #2 of 16 Restaurants in Manchester
Dining options: Breakfast, Reservations
Dining options: Breakfast, Reservations
Reviewed March 10, 2012

Food a little on the pricey side, but worth it!! Drink prices are good tho, and a fun atmosphere to hang out.

Reviewed February 20, 2012

My husband and I went to the Conewago Inn for Valentine's Day. The food was not very good and the prices were very high for the quality given. The restaurant itself is pretty inside, not much to look at outside.

Reviewed December 18, 2011

We tried the Inn again for my brother-inlaw's birthday on Friday. His wife went to their website earlier in the week and saw that it said they had prime rib on Thursday, so she made an online reservation for then (her husband's birthday was Wednesday but he wanted prime rib) . She never heard back from anyone at the restaurant confirming her reservation. Then she found out they had prime rib only Fri-Sat-Sun (I told her this)and called them on the phone to change to Friday night. She specifically told the woman on the phone that it was her husband's 70th birthday. Once again, the prime rib was excellent, according to the men. I had the chicken Marsala, which surprisingly was not as good as I can make at home. The chicken was tender but the sauce was more like a brown gravy with some wine in it. For a place that makes fairly good food all around, this was disappointing. The rice that came with it didn't hold up to the sauce and was just mushy.
The birthday was never acknowledged by the owners or staff, though they did sing happy birthday at a neighboring table. When my sister-in-law told the owner on the way out that their website was wrong about the nights of the prime rib being served, I thought they could have at least offered them a free drink on their next visit,( would have been good pr) but nothing. All he did was have her talk to the webmaster.
Again, I will say, the food is generally very good. The prime rib is the only reason we ever go because it is really the best around here and it alone deserves 5 stars. The owners are trying and the place is nice with generally very good food, so I give them 4 stars. Our service was much better this time than the last time so I would have to say they have gotten better in that respect. I guess if you have a special occasion to celebrate, you need to re-state that to your waitress when you get there.
This is not a cheap place to eat (for around here), so come prepared. The red wine servings are much more generous that the white wine servings. I winced at how little white wine was in my glass.
To the owner's credit, he and his wife still personally greet everyone and thank them for coming.

Reviewed November 10, 2011

My husband and I met his sister and her husband there last Friday night for dinner. In past visits, our service has always been good. Don't know where they found the waitress we had that night, because she was pretty bad. She put my husband and his sister on one check and me and my brother-in-law on one check. She never put in my sister-in-laws onion ring order and, when she did, they didn't come until almost the end of the meal. I don't recall her asking us if we wanted a drink refill, though she did remember to bring a dessert tray around. As usual, the food was excellent and the owners were on hand and greeted most guests at their tables. I had the Cobb Salad, my husband and brother-in-law had their excellent prime rib and sister-in-law had a steak. I've really never had anything here that was less than very good. The chef tries hard and it shows. Certainly worth a try if you've never been there. As the weather gets colder, request the table by the fireplace. They have a dining area on an enclosed porch which is cozy, as well as the small main dining room with a small bar. There is another large room but I have never seen people sitting there. There is an enclosed bar area as well. The prices are not cheap, but not outrageous either. The food is good enough that you don't mind paying more.

Reviewed August 10, 2011

Too many flies .... Seafood platter has been great ....turtle soup -not so good if you are anticipating bookbinders style. If they get rid of the flies I would recommend