“Great all-around value and my favorite hotel.”

The Desmond Hotel Malvern
Ranked #5 of 7 Hotels in Malvern
South Jersey
“Great all-around value and my favorite hotel.”
Reviewed November 3, 2009

We spent 1 Saturday night at the Desmond and had a wonderul time. The bar was a lot fun. Room Service was prompt and courteous. We had breakfast in our room and it was delicious. Delicious!

• Stayed April 2009, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (45)
NYC
Reviewed October 23, 2009

They really need to update the rooms. I felt like i was transported back to the 80's as soon as i got into my room. Everything in this hotel just looked and felt old, from the people that stayed and worked there to the room i stayed in. Speaking of the room, it reminded me of staying over grandmas house, just missing that old person stink. The restaurant was average at most, you could consider it fine dining if usually go to applebees, chilis, or ihop. All in all i should have stayed at the Courtyard Marriott that was across the street.

• Stayed October 2009, traveled on business
2 Thank elevated247
Reviewed October 13, 2009

My first night at the Desmond was punctuated by several screaming matches in the hall outside my room, a possible fist fight, three calls to the front desk to complain (each time they’d already been called and security was on its way), security coming multiple times followed by the police and an ambulance taking one of the drunken guests out on a stretcher. After getting to sleep after 2 a.m., I might not have been in the most charitable mood. Upon my departure, the front desk clerk asked me how my stay was and I explained that Saturday night was less than restful as I was two rooms from the fights and had to call the front desk multiple times. Rather than trying to do something, ANYTHING to make it right, he informed me that they were not responsible for the disturbance and could not control their guests. While I’m aware of that, I’ve never had any sort of experience like that at a hotel and let alone without any sort of small gesture (even 10% off would have counted for something). Although the Desmond can’t control their guests, I can control where I choose to stay and it won’t be there!

Oh and no wireless in my room.

• Stayed October 2009, traveled with family
1 Thank austx
Princeton, NJ
Reviewed October 8, 2009

The room and bed were adequate. Not the most comfortable hotel bed I've slept on, but not the worst. The tv was an older model, no HD.

The main restaurant and accompanying bar were pretty good. The amphitheater conference room was really good, and the food they served for breakfast and lunch for my business group was also very good.

There are a few shops across the street that are convenient. I would not recommend the Gentlemen's Cut barber shop.

Overall, good for business meetings, only average for staying overnight.

• Stayed September 2009, traveled on business
new york
Reviewed May 13, 2009

Arrived in early April 2009 with my boyfriend to stay here 2 nights on a friday and saturday night. We booked the King Deluxe room. I was here for the QVC annual beauty bash event. There were only 2 carts to take our luggage in. We waited for a cart to come back to use as they don't have bellhops here. A long walk to the room on the 2nd floor. Room was nice. I hate soft no support pillows and sure enough that is what they had. I called up housekeeping and requested 2 extra pillows and was asked what kind? I asked for the firmest ones they have and within 2 minutes housekeeping arrived with the firm pillows and I also requested a refrigerator and they brought one up at no charge.

Good amount of cable channels on the TV. Bed was a bit soft for me but very comfortable. Bathroom shower was nice as you can adjust the shower head to the amount of pressure you wanted. Good water flow. The hotel was booked up and we never heard sounds at all of our neighbors.

Food was good at the Hunt Room. We got the buffet and it was in another room and had the usual breakfast, hot scrambled eggs, bacon, sausage, bagels, cereals, fruit, etc.

• Stayed April 2009, traveled as a couple
Melrose, Massachusetts
Reviewed November 1, 2008

We stayed at the Desmond, while in the area for a family wedding. The room was clean and comfortable, the staff very friendly, and the food in the restaurant was good, The hotel could use a little sprucing up. it is not bad, but shows a little wear

• Liked — quiet and comfortable
  • Disliked — room and bath room were small and could use updating
  • Stayed October 2008, traveled as a couple
    • Check in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
Medellin, Colombia
Reviewed January 21, 2008

Stayed for 4 nights attending a large business meeting.
Everyone working was friendly, not the most knowledgable group, front desk could not direct me to local restaurant 5 miles down the road.

Rooms were OK nothing special, bathrooms are small. Well equipped gym, decent indoor pool and spa.

Breakfast was a value, for a business hotel they did not try to overcharge too much, about $11 for eggs and pancakes.

Meeting rooms again were OK. nothing special.

Nothing bad about the hotel but nothing great either, I guess it depends on what rate you can get to determine value.

Stayed January 2008
1 Thank CDY
Also consider these accommodations in or near Malvern
Sonesta ES Suites Malvern
Homewood Suites by Hilton Philadelphia Great Valley
Courtyard Philadelphia Great Valley/Malvern
Sheraton Great Valley Hotel
Hampton Inn Philadelphia/Great Valley/Malvern
Residence Inn Philadelphia Great Valley/Malvern

Been to The Desmond Hotel Malvern? Share your experiences!