WINNER WONDERLAND

Review of The Desmond Hotel Malvern

The Desmond Hotel Malvern
Ranked #5 of 7 Hotels in Malvern
Raritan
“Don't stay for the amenities”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 14, 2014

I only require a few thing on my stay at hotels. Clean room, comfortable bed, and hot tub. Room is very clean, bed is serviceable and the hot tub is cold! I asked them to turn up the temperature and no can do. 1.5 out of 3 in my book. I read other reviews and they are an accurate depiction of what to expect. Those other positives mentioned don't matter to me.

• Stayed July 2014
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
Mike_Chain, General Manager at The Desmond Hotel Malvern, responded to this review, August 14, 2014
Dear Guest,

I am sorry our hot tub wasn't hot enough for you. We have been checking the temperature daily and haven't found it below 100 degrees. I am confident, your experienced as described, was an isolated incident. We will keep a close eye on consistently monitoring the temperatures in our pools. I am glad your room was clean and your bed was comfortable, thank you for staying with us.

Michael Chain

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (43)
Washington DC, District of Columbia
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 2, 2014

It has an old school charm to it, with lots of modern amenities. Great, relaxing beds, the oxeyginating showers we're literally a blast--very soothing. My room had a balcony attached which made it even better on a beautiful Sunday morning. I went out there and completely lost rack of time. Fantastic and inexpensive brunch, particularly for all the options they provide. If you're in the area, it's worth at least one night.

Room Tip: Try for a balcony.
  • Stayed June 2014, traveled solo
2 Thank Craig R
Melbourne, Australia
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 27, 2014

Stayed here for two weeks for business. The staff were all great, however for price my room was very tired. The hotel of going for an old style look, but it's just old. The rooms are dated and dark, you can everyone talking as they walk past your door and every sound from the next room. The bar and restaurant have great room, with friendly staff, but again the restaurant is crying out for an update.
If the management only updated the rooms with modern beds, doors that stopped the sound from the hallways and lighting it would make a big difference.

• Stayed May 2014, traveled on business
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
1 Thank ADGRO
Mike_Chain, General Manager at The Desmond Hotel Malvern, responded to this review, July 1, 2014
Dear Guest,

Thank you for your feedback, recognizing our team and for choosing the Desmond. We have a significant renovation planned to begin in the coming months. I am confident you will like and appreciate our improvements. Thank you again for staying with us we hope you will choose us for your next trip to the area.

Latham, New York
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 27, 2014

I enjoyed my stay at the Desmond. It just needs to be updated. The people were all friendly and the rooms were large enough but a little tender loving care would be ideal right about now. The food was average but the room was clean - no complaints.

• Stayed May 2014, traveled with family
Dear Guest,

Thank your for your feedback, we begin a property improvement shorty. I am confident you will like our improvements. Thanks for your business and I hope you will return again soon.

3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 24, 2014

I enjoyed my stay.
The only problem is to contact you from overseas:
1. No e-mail adress
2. The "contact- me" function doent work
3.Phones are busy
4.No answer to faxes
Very easy to handle issue become a really time consuming matter.

• Stayed April 2014, traveled on business
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
Mike_Chain, General Manager at The Desmond Hotel Malvern, responded to this review, April 30, 2014
Dear Guest,

Thank you for your business and your feedback. I am so sorry to hear of your troubles; we have tested all of the features you mentioned and found no issue. Perhaps this was a temporary occurrence for which I am sorry. Please consider trying us again, I am sure you will find the communication during your experience to be first rate.

Scranton, Pennsylvania
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 15, 2014

Visited for a work conference which was also held in the hotel.
Pros: Great Location, Comfortable rooms, friendly staff, Free Wi-Fi.
Cons: Dated décor, slow elevators, touchy thermostats.
Not a terrible stay, not a remarkable one either. Just fine for what I needed.

Stayed April 2014, traveled on business
1 Thank KatelynMc
Mike_Chain, General Manager at The Desmond Hotel Malvern, responded to this review, May 1, 2014
Dear Guest,

Thank you for your feedback and for choosing the Desmond, I will investigate your comments pertaining to your thermostats and the elevator speed. I haven't received any comments about this previously, but we take all of our guest comments seriously and address whatever we can. Please consider choosing us again the next time your travels bring you to Malvern, as we continue to invest in and make improvements to our property.

4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 9, 2014 via mobile

Stayed overnight for business. The great part is it is located one mile from new turnpike exitI (ez pass only) food was good and room was clean. Be careful where room is located. Only one elevator and getting in and out to rooms on opposite side can take a long time.

Stayed April 2014, traveled on business
Also consider these accommodations in or near Malvern
Sonesta ES Suites Malvern
Homewood Suites by Hilton Philadelphia Great Valley
Courtyard Philadelphia Great Valley/Malvern
Residence Inn by Marriott Philadelphia Great Valley/Malvern
Hampton Inn Philadelphia/Great Valley/Malvern
Embassy Suites by Hilton Philadelphia-Valley Forge

Been to The Desmond Hotel Malvern? Share your experiences!