“THE BEEF WELLINGTON IS THE BEST!”
Review of General Warren

General Warren
Reserve with OpenTable
General Warren is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #4 of 75 Restaurants in Malvern
Dining options: Reservations
Dining style: Fine Dining
Cross street: Warren Avenue
Transit: Local SEPTA R-5 Regional Rail transit and Amtrak service 1 mile from inn. Advance taxi service reservations required. Call us for assistance, 610 296.3637
Description: Historic 18th Century Country Inn, Restaurant and Boutique Hotel. Eight Charming Guest Suites and American Cuisine Restaurant. Three private dining rooms, outdoor dining space, 4 seasons heated terrace. Perfect for special occasions, lite bite, happy hour and casual dining. Intimate wedding ceremonies and receptions, rehearsal dinners, cocktail parties and business meeting spaces
Reviewed August 29, 2013

Two things are a must if you dine here. The beef wellington and the red snapper soup. Both are delicious! There are so many good deserts. I had the blueberry gelato and it was first rate. The waiter did a fine job and was a real professional.

Reviewed August 19, 2013

Since I work right down the road, I wanted to try some place new for my sister's birthday. So we went here for dinner, and it was a very pleasant experience. The staff were very friendly and informative, and it was obvious they enjoyed what they did. Everyone enjoyed their meal, said that the food quality was the best that they had ever had, which is saying something, because we can be hard to please at times when it comes to certain things. Their dessert menu was great too, I had the cornbread with blueberry gelato, which was amazing, a must-try if you would like something light. On my end, the filet mignon was the best cut of meat I have ever had, it wasn't stringy like some are, it was melt-in-your-mouth quality, and it was excellent. I do wish it was seasoned a bit better, I wasn't too much a fan of the bernaise sauce, but I still enjoyed the meat regardless. To bring it all together, you get what you pay for, and the prices were on point here, it was all worth it. I will be coming back here again for sure!

Reviewed August 10, 2013

I can always count on the General Warren for an excellent meal. The food, the service, the ambiance all make it a special place to dine. There are servers who have been there for ages...a rarity in the restaurant business. That in itself speaks volumes about the owners and management of this wonderful place.

Reviewed July 29, 2013

Our server was attentive and the meals very good. The portion sizes vary so be sure to look at either the Pub menu or the Main Dinning room's. The Red Snapper Soup a Must try!

Reviewed July 29, 2013

From the moment we pulled into the parking area I knew this was going to be a special experience. The building is beautiful and historic...the bar was charming and the bartenders were wonderful. There are a couple different choices of dining rooms...all with their own special characteristics. We chose to dine on the Terrace and I'm so glad we did. It was simply beautiful and quite romantic. The waitress and staff were so friendly and attentive. We decided to have the Chilled Large Shrimp Cocktail as well as the Day Boat Scallops. Both were delicious. For our entree we had the Grilled Chateaubriand for Two...the best I've ever had!! The meat just melted in your mouth! And as if it couldn't get better, we had the Double Chocolate Pudding Tart which was in a pretzel crust with salted caramel sauce...AMAZING! For the quality of food and service we received it is NOT overpriced at all. I highly recommend the General Warren Inn for just about any type of dinner..special or not.

Been to General Warren? Share your experiences!