“Authentic and delicious Italian food”
Review of Mediterraneo - CLOSED

Mediterraneo
Dining options: Dinner, Seating, Takeout, Waitstaff
Dining options: Dinner, Seating, Takeout, Waitstaff
Sao Paulo
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Authentic and delicious Italian food”
Reviewed June 22, 2014

I am Italian and loved the food. I appreciate that they use fresh pasta and use quality ingredients. They use organic free range chicken and milk fed veal. The portion are big so we were able to enjoy it the next day. I definitely recommend it.

• Visited June 2014
1 Thank Maurizio E

New Jersey
“CLOSED! Replaced by "Tonino's"”
Reviewed June 9, 2014

I had been meaning to try this place. It has been replaced by Tonino's, a pretty ordinary pizza and pasta place. The food was fine but not memorable.

• Visited June 2014
Malvern, Pennsylvania
“Closed :(”
Reviewed June 1, 2014

This was a hidden gem in Malvern/Frazer area. It's been around for 20 years. The landlord of the shopping center it's located in refused to give the owner an extension on the rent following our recent harsh winter and they have closed the restaurant.

Visited April 2014
West Chester, PA
“Terrific little Italian restaurant!”
Reviewed March 9, 2014

Tucked in behind the monster Carraba's, it would be easy to miss this little gem. Recently renovated, the decor in the sit-down restaurant beyond the pizza counter is charming, feels elegant, and is relaxing. Although we have never taken our own wine, it is a BYOB establishment. The food is authentic Italian, and fantastic. The service is excellent, with friendly and very personable waitstaff. Delicious complimentary cannoli complete the meal.

• Visited January 2014
Philadelphia
“Very good Italian BYOB in Malvern”
Reviewed January 29, 2014

On Trip Advisor, this is currently the top rated restaurant in Malvern. We went there on a cold Tuesday night and were the only customers in the table clothed portion of the dining room. Families eating pizza generally sit in the front non-table clothed portion. We brought a bottle of red wine with us and it was opened for us and glasses provided. The food was extremely good, the portions quite generous, and the waitress was delightful. I was tempted to rate this a 5; my rating is closer to a 4 1/2, but this is a neighborhood restaurant and not really fine dining. My husband had the mussels in white sauce as an appetizer and I shared some of it. This was the first time I had seen mussels on the half shell which saved us a little work. They were large mussels and after adding some red pepper flakes, very enjoyable. A sort of bread was provided for dipping purposes. Our dinners also came with soup or salad and since others had commented on the Italian Wedding Soup, we chose that, although the salad might have been a better option given the size of the portions. Our main courses arrived - husband had spaghetti in white clam sauce; I had Veal parm which also came with a side of pasta. I chose oil and garlic rather than red sauce. We each finished about 1/2 of our entrees - they were really large and we could have shared one if we had agreed on which one. We took the rest home and they made for a nice dinner the next day. For dessert, we were served a small complimentary cannolli. It appeared to have been freshly filled since the shell was nice and crisp. Prior to the dinner we were also provided a small piece of their tomato pie. While I didn't see the final bill, I believe it was under $40 tax included for a filling dinner for two. Had Hubby skipped the mussels, we could have gotten by with about $30. The only negative - and it isn't really a big deal - is that prices for each choice are $1 or $2 more than what is shown currently on the menu on-line. I imagine they decided to take advantage of their #1 status on Trip Advisor. Even with this additional cost, everything was well worth it and we will be back again.

• Visited January 2014