“Well Kept Secret”

Bunha Faun
Ranked #15 of 78 Restaurants in Malvern
Cuisines: French
Dining options: Reservations
Description: Private Parking LotFrench Cuisine with an oriental FlairActually located in Frazer, PA but mailing address is Malvern
Reviewed December 11, 2012

This restaurant fools the passers-by. It looks very unassuming as the building is a a converted Dairy Queen. It is a small restaurant that caters to an adult crowd (I have never seen children there). There is no bar or lobby, so I suggest reservations, - otherwise you may be waiting in your car. I have been there many times and have never been disappointed. They describe the menu is 'French-Thai" though I don't see much Thai influence. Entrees are generally between $18 to mid $30. They usually have two at least two specials - one of which is seafood. They will alter to the customer's preference. I hesitate posting because I do not want this place to become too popular.

1  Thank 2collegemom

Reviewed November 29, 2012

I have lived in the area 7 years and never ventured to try this place because of the plain outside and being primarily French food (which I am not a huge fan of). We tried it last night with a couple of neighbors and Wow, it was great. The food is french, but with an Asian flare so it made it interesting. All four of our meals were outstanding and the waitress was awesome. She made us feel right and home, was funny, and made good suggestions. This is also a BYOB so you can bring your bottle. If they spruced up the outside so people would notice when they drive by this placed would be packed all the time based on the quality of the food. The inside was also very nice. I will definitely go back.

Reviewed November 13, 2012

I grabbed dinner here while travelling on business and looking for something out of the ordinary that would fit within my expense account. Like other's have said, it isn't much on from the outside, but inside is quaint and the staff is friendly and welcoming. The food is quite good and stands out against the miles of chain restaurants and greasy spoons that surround it. I had the baby spinach salad and the veal; taking advantage of the fact that my wife was not there to raise her eyebrows. Both were nicely prepared, fresh, and flavorful. Save some bread to get the last of the sauce. It would be a shame to let that go down the sink. My only regret is that I didn't have anyone with me to share a nice meal with. G

1  Thank Scott S
Reviewed November 4, 2012

Yes, it's an old Dairy Queen that is now Bunha Faun. Very nice meal, BYOB to cut the total bill. Food was very good. Service was friendly and helpful. I would recommend it. The food is French with an Asian twist. Portions were adequate and quite tasty.

Reviewed June 13, 2012

Best little secret in Frazer....gourmet without being pricey....byo...and fav is black angel hair pasta with crabmeat

Been to Bunha Faun? Share your experiences!