“It's All Good”

Cuisines: American
Dining options: Breakfast, Lunch
Dining options: Breakfast, Lunch
Reviewed June 23, 2013

The Classic Diner offers a unique twist on what I would consider traditional diner fare. Pull up their online menu and see. This is one of a couple of restaurants that we frequent where everything on the menu is good (I use to order something different every time - not one bad meal to date). The presentations are wonderful, the portions are big, the ingredients are fresh, their homemade desserts are delicious and portions are huge, the service is good and so is their coffee. The space is small which for me makes it a little uncomfortable, but for what it lacks in space, it makes up everywhere else. The price point is appropriate and they are always busy...get there early if you don't want to wait.

Reviewed June 8, 2013 via mobile

As a regular for years, it was
the final straw. I ordered an omelet with goat cheese and spinach ..How much you say?
20.00..yes, that's not a typo. And it was tasteless. Never have I complained in all the years I've come here; bringing clients, friends, and family. And always tipping well. But when I asked the manager she said the prices are what they are, even she could not afford to dine here. And then our server appeared, asking directly if
she should put her tip on the card.. It wasn't a question of affordability.
It was a question of good taste.
And no amount of money can buy that. Lesson Learned.

1  Thank catd411
Reviewed May 30, 2013

Mozzeralla , Eggs, peppers and Toast, best pepper and egg sandwich, Fresh foods and salads all the time

Reviewed May 28, 2013

My wife and I visited this restaurant for breakfast once before and were very offput by the noise, small tables, and average food quality.
Frankly, the quality of the food has improved. My wife had French Toast which was very good. I had poached eggs, grilled potatoes, and whole wheat toast. The eggs were done to my request, but the grilled potatoes were oversalted and tough to chew. I would much prefer hash brown potatoes. But overall, the two breakfasts we ordered were a big improvement over our last visit.
However the noise is still there... stone flooring and no sound deadening make for a deafening cacophony. Oddly, the pricing of the egg entrees all include breakfast meat. I could find no pricing for just eggs without a side of meat. When I asked the waitress the price for just ordering eggs, potatoes, and toast, she was not sure. Why no pricing on the menu for folks like me, who would like to order just plain eggs and try to avoid fatty breakfast meats?

One other thing that has not improved is the seating. Many of the tables are set against walls. The walls have two inch wide trim at about shoulder level making it impossible, (and painful) to relax by leaning back from the table.

My final problem occured when I went to use the restroom. It was completely dark. By leaving the door open I was able to search each wall for a light switch. None could be found. I went to seek help when another customer showed me that the light switch was 5 or 6 feet down the hall leading into the restroom. I guess that you must play the course several times before you find out where all the traps are.

Well, at least there was some improvement in the food.

1  Thank chuckster35
Reviewed April 28, 2013

Stopped here for a late lunch on my way out of town based on a recommendation from my hotel staff.

The food was delicious and the portions were huge! I had to take the second half of my meal with me! (I had the caesar salad and chicken strips)

Service was a little slow...but I mostly attribute that to the fact I snuck in about 20 minutes before they were closing and was, in fact, the last patron to leave. To their credit the staff didn't pressure me to hurry through my meal and were very friendly and accommodating.

Been to Classic Diner? Share your experiences!