“This is a top-notch Colonial Inne”

and 1 more site!
General Warren Inne
Ranked #1 of 3 Malvern B&B and Inns
Phoenixville
“This is a top-notch Colonial Inne”
Reviewed April 26, 2010

I recently stayed at the General Warren Inne during their Spring promotion. The very reasonable rate included a suite with king size bed, a separate sitting area and private full bath, a three course dinner and continental breakfast in a room that overlooked the beautiful grounds. Upon arriving and being greeted by name before any introduction was offered, we were escorted to the innekeeper's guest lounge where we were given a quick overview of the amenities and a tour of the guest's outside balcony, service bar area, etc. We were delighted with our spacious third floor suite (William Penn), complete with candles and fresh flowers. The towels were the softest and freshest smelling towels I have ever encountered and the luxurious toiletries and oversized rainshower head only added to the enjoyment. The bed was not lumpy or sagging; it was perfect and so were the linens. As with any Inne built in the 1700s, some of the plaster on the walls was cracked or peeling but everything else was nicely appointed; it's all part of the antiquity.
The dinner was delicious and service was pleasant and timely. Breakfast was of top quality fruit, fresh baked goods and coffee and quite cozy with the fireplace putting out some nice heat. Perhaps a small tray of assorted goodies would have been better than being offered just one item at a time. Despite the Inne being completely booked the night we stayed there, as we learned the next morning, and the restaurant and bar being completely packed, we heard absolutely no noise whatsoever. And, to finish, there was not one stink bug to be found but anyone local to the area knows that they just get in and it has nothing to do with a lack of cleanliness.
I had always heard good things about the Inne but now I can say from my own experience, it was pure enjoyment with beautiful accomodations. My husband shared the same sentiments.

• Stayed April 2010, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (21)
Pittsburgh, PA
Reviewed May 12, 2009

I was really looking forward to my stay in the Paoli Room, but the local stinkbugs wouldn't allow it. there were about ten in my room. I went to address the issue to a surprised host (who I'm sure knew of this problem before). I wnet back to the room 5 minutes later and found another 10 or so bugs had found their way inside.

To their credit, the Inn did not charge me anything to leave and get out of the deal. They just need to keep the bugs outside no matter what.

• Stayed May 2009, traveled as a couple
PA
Reviewed April 8, 2009

Like to share my recent stay at the Inn. I was in Room 1, the Generals Ladies Suite, for Valentine’s Day. My wife and I spent the evening and ate dinner there as well. We’ve stayed at the Inn in the past and thought that we could have a short romantic get- away. The evening started out as expected but soon deteriorated. We decided to have a late dinner (~9:00). We were seated next to two couples that were intoxicated, rude and vulgar. Needless to say, my dinner was less than expected. After dinner , we retreated to our suite, only to find out that the heater in our room didn’t work. Initially, we didn’t notice probably because of the fireplace. However, after the timer (40 minutes??) ran out and the fireplace turned off, I realized the room was very cold. I tried the thermostat, but that didn’t work. I put the fireplace back on but I couldn’t be jumping up ever 40 minute to keep warm. Finally, we fell asleep and when we woke, you could see your breath in the room. Not something we enjoyed. I complained to the Inn keeper who informed me that she would pass along my concerns and contact information to the owner. I thought that after spending $350, he would at least had the decency to contact me with an apology. I was never contacted. I wouldn't recommend staying at the Gen Warren Inn. Obviously, they don't value customers.

• Stayed February 2009, traveled as a couple
Albany, N.Y.
Reviewed November 9, 2007

My first visit back since the new additions (a great new bar) and new dining room for hotel guest breakfast, this inn now has it all! Real fireplaces, great food, and a lively bar with its own menu. The guest suites are the same as my last visit (2004), but they are perfect, a bed room, small living room and bath. My suite had a gas fireplace and hi-speed internet. The owner has the whole package in place: the same staff still works there & knows how to do hospitality and food, a well maintained building, clean suites with free amenities. Forget the national chains and all the marketing hype, this is where you want to eat & stay!!!

Stayed November 2007
1 Thank willbill056
Princeton, New Jersey
Reviewed June 26, 2007

After the ongoing frustrations with the abominable Wayne Hotel, the General Warren Inne is a revelation. This is what a great hotel is all about. Patrick, one of the owners never fails to bend over backward to make your stay more enjoyable. Josef, the manager is just delightful and Tom the bartender is classic. The rooms are great and will be refurnished soon, though they are fine as is. The beds are very comfortable, free internet access in the rooms, four poster beds, and the food is absolutely fantastic in the restaurant. If you're lucky enough to be here on a Thursday night, the live entertainment is really talented and a good time is had by all.

Highly recommended.

• Liked — Outstanding customer service and gretat restaurant. Very inexpensive rooms.
  • Stayed June 2007, traveled on business
    • Check in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
2 Thank flicklives
Washington DC
Reviewed January 25, 2007

Fantastic Country Inn with eight suites, they are all different, with a Four Star Restuarant on ground floor. Some of the suites are small, but all have high spped internet (FREE!!!!), TV with VCR, DVD loaners (FREE!!!) and price includes a nice served lite breakfast. First class staff with consistently great food. Discovered place when Sheraton was sold out... I'll never go anywhere else again in Malvern. On a dead end street, so it can be hard to find.

Stayed January 2007
4 Thank businessroadwarrior
Philadelphia
Reviewed January 24, 2007

We had our wedding on this beautifilly landscaped and managed property under a tree in Malvern last year, and I enjoyed the whole experience so much we now go back once a week for lunch or dinner. Nice suites, great food, fireplaces are fantastic. The manager looked after every need. We would highly recommend this for weddings, lunch, dinner or any thing else.

• Liked — suites
  • Disliked — nothing
  • Stayed January 2007, traveled as a couple
    • Check in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
Also consider these accommodations in or near Malvern
Sonesta ES Suites Malvern
Homewood Suites by Hilton Philadelphia Great Valley
The Desmond Hotel Malvern
Holiday Inn Express Frazer - Malvern
Sheraton Great Valley Hotel
Extended Stay America - Philadelphia - Malvern - Swedesford Rd.

Been to General Warren Inne? Share your experiences!