Extended Stay America - Philadelphia - Malvern - Swedesford Rd.
Ranked #6 of 7 Hotels in Malvern
Reviewed October 19, 2012

I wrote a review for this hotel before its upgrade but wasn't able to locate it again. I maintain my opinion about the premises and the staff after the renovations as well.

My family and I needed a place to stay for at least 6 months while my husband was on project in PA and weren't able to find any short-term accommodation within our budget. Ms.Gelila, the manager of this property, was very accommodating and gave us a price that we were able to afford and we ended up staying the entire duration.

Our first room was one on the first floor, right in front of the swimming pool. The room was very clean - the cleaning staff in that hotel is amazing (the best I've seen probably) - and courteous. I loved the fact that there was a stove top since most Extended Stay hotels are only equipped with a microwave. There was a dishwasher as well, decent sized fridge and lots of storage throughout the room. We loved being so close to the pool since we could pop in there any time we wanted without having to go around the hotel in our swimming attire. The only downside to being so close to the pool is when other guests or their visitors decide to take a dip late at night on the weekends, normally we wouldn't mind but the noise did wake up our children a couple of times. However, right after I'd call the front desk, everything would be serene again.

The staff is amazing, starting from Ms.Gelila herself to the front desk staff to the housekeeping staff. Overall, very courteous, friendly, understanding, accommodating and helpful - which is exactly what you need when you are considering this place your home rather than just a hotel. They also helped us find a great pediatrician, shops, cab service, you name it!

When the renovations started, we were always kept up to date as to the next step. Special considerations was taken since we have young kids so we'd always be asked when's the best time to do this or that. When it was time for our room to be renovated, we were moved to a room on the second floor. Beautiful as the first, very peaceful, amazing view and the renovations really did make a difference as to how we felt living there.

My family and I had the best hotel experience we've had in the US, and we've been to many! We also appreciated the fact that they understood that we have a 1 yr old and he's a screamer. Ms.Gelila always tried to keep the rooms around us unoccupied and always tried to help out in any way she could when she felt like I was overwhelmed! That's not part of the job description, it was her taking extra steps towards being understanding and accommodating, something we've never experienced before during any temporary stay.

After the renovations were done, the hotel had been upgraded from the Homestead Studio Suites to Extended Stay America. We got a 30-day notice of a price increase that Ms. Gelila was willing to talk about but we took it as an opportunity to move out and find our own place (not too far away since the area is lovely, safe and full of amenities) at the old price since that was the extent of our budget and it'll give our growing kids room to flourish and be a positive step towards us settling down and building a future in PA. Although we signed the lease and paid our rent at the new place on a Friday, we double-paid at the hotel for 3 extra nights just to be able to see Ms.Gelila and have a chance to say thank you and bye! Every staff member made us feel like we're family and it was a really heart-breaking day for us. Barry, Cody, Jen, Rolanda and Scott ... you really made our stay much easier than we had anticipated, we cannot thank you enough.

They have also been so kind as to continue to receive any mail for us and hold it till we can pass by and take it until our address change took effect.

We will continue to recommend this hotel to everyone we know and hope to maintain our relationship with the staff. I highly encourage anyone who has any issues, questions or just needs advice on the area to talk to Ms.Gelila or the friendly staff. The area is very safe, everything is accessible and transport (public) is within walking distance.

Room Tip: If you have a choice between 1st and 2nd floor, go for the 2nd. The view is great and if you are in...
  • Stayed: April 2012, traveled with family
Manager-PCH, Manager at Extended Stay America - Philadelphia - Malvern - Swedesford Rd., responded to this reviewResponded October 23, 2012

Thank you for your great review of our property. I'm so pleased to hear that I am my staff could make your stay a home away from home. Thank you again for sharing your experience with us. We look forward to welcoming you back in the future!

Also consider these accommodations in or near Malvern
Extended Stay America - Philadelphia - Malvern - Great Valley
Homewood Suites by Hilton Philadelphia Great Valley
Courtyard Philadelphia Great Valley/Malvern
Holiday Inn Express Frazer - Malvern
Hampton Inn Exton
Hampton Inn Exton
#2 of 9 in Exton
Sonesta ES Suites Malvern

Been to Extended Stay America - Philadelphia - Malvern - Swedesford Rd.? Share your experiences!

Additional Information about Extended Stay America - Philadelphia - Malvern - Swedesford Rd.

Address: 8 E Swedesford Rd, Malvern, PA 19355-1488 (Formerly MainStay Suites Great Valley)
Location: United States > Pennsylvania > Malvern
Business Center with Internet Access Fitness Center with Gym / Workout Room Free Breakfast Free Parking Pets Allowed ( Dog / Pet Friendly ) Wheelchair access
Ranked #6 of 7 Hotels in Malvern
Price Range: $88 - $115 (Based on Average Rates for a Standard Room)
Hotel Class:2.5 star — Extended Stay America - Philadelphia - Malvern - Swedesford Rd. 2.5*
TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com, Booking.com, Expedia, Extended Stay, Travelocity, Priceline, Orbitz, Hotwire, TripOnline SA and getaroom.com so you can book your Extended Stay America - Philadelphia - Malvern - Swedesford Rd. reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
Homestead Studio Suites Malvern