“Great place for brunch!”

McKenzie Brew House
Ranked #19 of 72 Restaurants in Malvern
Cuisines: American, Bar, Pub
Good for: Families with children, Large groups, Bar scene
Dining options: Lunch, Late Night, Dinner, Free Wifi, Full Bar, Parking Available, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Television, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Wilmington, Delaware
“Great place for brunch!”
Reviewed May 29, 2013

Part of me doesn't want to write this review because I love going here for brunch so much! Unlike other brunch spots in the area, McKenzie's is never crowded on Sunday at brunch time. They have a nice brunch menu with items ranging from Bananas Foster French Toast to Eggs Benedict. All brunch entrees include a complimentary mimosa, beer, or fruit smoothie. They also have a really nice selection of specialty coffee drinks which are quite good.

The service is always very friendly, the food delicious with large portions, and the prices reasonable. A group of my girlfriends and I meet here about once a month for brunch. I've gone for dinner, and their regular menu is also quite good.

Kutztown, Pennsylvania
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1,867 helpful votes
“Large restaurant with tasty platters”
Reviewed May 8, 2013

We were with a group of 15 who met for lunch here in a private room. Food was very tasty--good salads, sandwiches. Wide variety of beers. Good place for lunch. Platters ranged from $10 to 15. Very roomy place can accommodate large groups.

Cranford, NJ
“Very wonderful staff.”
Reviewed May 7, 2013

The Fish and Chips and the BBQ Ribs were the favorite among the 13 of us. Our waitress was very attentive, helpful and prompt. The prices were friendly.

Denver, Colorado, United States
“Unimposing exterior but imposing food inside”
Reviewed May 1, 2013

I was in the Malvern, Bryn Mawr area for a business trip and had four associates tagging along on a survey. The host facility mentioned McKenzie's for good food and beer and since it was near our hotel, we decided to give it a try. Once we entered, we were pleased with the environment and were ushered to the quieter end of the facility away from the bar.

The menu was quite impressive for the variety of choices whether as appetizers, entrees, salads or burgers. The mountain of appetizer fare that includes nachos supreme, calimari and wings is monumental. The crab cakes were some of the best I have eaten anywhere, including Maryland. The burgers are humongous with some interesting touches. Nicely prepared on some special buns that are out of the ordinary. The fries were likewise better than usual in flavor and crispiness.

The craft beers were quite delicious and there was quite a variety in the choices of beers they brew on the premises. I went back on a second night to experience more of the fare on their vast menu.

I highly recommend this spot on Route 30. Certainly a convenient location on the Main Line.

• Visited April 2013
Philadelphia, Pennsylvania
“Eh”
Reviewed April 27, 2013

This place is really one of those after work stops. It is definitely is big enough to handle lots of people, however, it seems poorly managed and it shows. I got there early enough on Friday afternoon to be one of 3 tables occupied outside. Within an hour, they had at least 7 large parties, with only one server running around trying to take care of everyone. There were numerous servers just standing around doing nothing. I soon found it impossible to get another drink and had to go find my bill so I could pay and leave. The server was NOT at fault here, it was lack of management. I saw the manager standing at the front door, with 3 servers along side of him, and told him someone better get outside and help the poor server. All he wanted to know was which server did I have, which is funny because only 1 had all of the tables.
On the good side, the pulled pork was very good. I also really liked the outside seating. There is a fireplace and a water fountain, and they put actual lamps out for the evenings.

• Visited April 2013

Been to McKenzie Brew House? Share your experiences!