“Nice to have a full kitchen.”

Sonesta ES Suites Malvern
Ranked #1 of 7 Hotels in Malvern
Reviewed April 29, 2010

I travel with my job 95% of the time so I get to see a lot of hotels. This one has a lot of strong points: Great breakfast they have a large variety. The rooms are fair, they are a little older and in need of updating. Old Tv's, carpet is in need of updating the fire alarm goes off if you burn the toast and they really need to paint. But all in all this place is well worth the money. If you need a place to stay for an extended period of time. And like to cook now and then it fits the bill.

There are newer reviews for Sonesta ES Suites Malvern

Reviewed April 27, 2010

The Staybridge in Malvern is great for business travelers. The multi-room suites have lots of space, two TVs, a sofa, full kitchen, dining table, toilet separate from the sink, and a desk with office chair. Even though the hotel was full, I couldn’t hear other guests except when they walked on the wooden stairs to get to their rooms. I was even above the laundry (#37) and didn’t hear anything. The hotel is set back from the road and it’s easy to miss the turn, but it’s very quiet—little traffic noise. The breakfast had a lot of choices and rotated selections every couple of days. I didn’t use the fitness center, but it has only a three machines in a small room. The lobby, which is also the breakfast room, is large with tables and chairs, a sofa and TV. After our business dinner, we reconvened in the lobby, brought our own wine and stayed late. The woman who checked us in was efficient and had a great sense of humor. The downside was on the first night I didn’t get toiletries and only one bar of soap (strangely, this happened at the Orlando Staybridge, too), but my co-workers were well equipped. The wired internet worked for me without a hitch. I didn’t risk the wireless, but others had no issues. One co-worker never got his internet to work (router problem they said and misled him on how long the repair would take). They moved him to a new room, but it smelled terribly of smoke. They moved him again, but this room had a broken door and no hot water. Finally, the last night he got a functional two-room suite. If you are staying here soon, be aware that there is a lot of construction on the surrounding roads, and the traffic light to get onto the main road requires a long wait. And for those from warmer climes, although the spa is indoors, it's not open in April.

Reviewed April 23, 2010

I stayed in this hotel for 89 nights at a stretch during my 3 months business trip to US. It's a spacious, well maintained & comfortable long stay hotel. I got an night rate of $125 per night.
The breakfast at this hotel has a lot of varieties & they also offer you option of breakfast on the go - so that u can pack it & carry to ur office or day trip. They also used to offer sun downer 3 days a week, which wasn't bad at all. You can also contact reception for free drop & pick-up to your office. I did face problems with internet connectivity. I doubt if i got more than 56kbps speed in my room & had a hard time connecting to my office network from my room. They do have a business center with 3 computers where u can take print outs free of charge.
They have a small 24X7 shop in the main lobby where u can get basic stuff. They also keep free fresh fruits, cookies & juice dispenser in the main lobby area for hungry souls.
There is common laundry area with washing machines & dryers as well.
The staff is pretty friendly & the receptionist even invited me for thanksgiving dinner at her place. However, I had a rough experience on the last day of my stay in the hotel. As my flight was in the late evening, I had asked the receptionist for a 2 hour late checkout & she agreed for the same. However, on the last day, a newly appointed receptionist refused to allow late checkout & I had to rush things up. Except for this one odd case I had a wonderful time in this hotel.

• Stayed: December 2008, traveled on business
Reviewed April 22, 2010

Our Hockey Team and their families stayed at the Staybridge Suites for Seven nights In April 2010. The staff and management were very professional and friendly. The rooms, although not decorated in the latest 2010 designer contemporary style, were just fine. They were very roomy, and more importantly, were very clean. The beds were really comfortable too! Everyone was happy with their room and the hotel; that is saying a lot considering there were 15 different families in our group. The breakfast buffet was very good, and there was always plenty of hot and cold food available. The hotel staff took care to keep the buffet area clean and appetizing throughout the serving times. This was a nice touch that several in our group noticed. We felt like we were staying in a family owned bed and breakfast.
The location is very convenient to highways, and there are lots of great places to eat on the main road right by the hotel. I would definitely stay there in the future.

Reviewed February 27, 2010

I stayed at this hotel with my 2 teenage children and my sister. We had a very spacious, clean 2 bedroom / 3 room, suite. The suite had a very nice kitchen w/ dishwasher, microwave, full stove & full refrigerator/ w a nice living room. The LR had a pull out couch, small table to eat at, over sized stuffed chair, window, TV w/ dvd & vcr player. Off the living room was a spacious bedroom with 2 double beds, a window. TV, spacious closet, a seperate sink area, seperate shower over tub & toilet room. The other bedroom had double door entry with/ desk, seperate sink area, seperate Shower over & toilet room, spacious walk in closet no doors but you couldn't see that from your bed, Queen size bed and a window. We only stayed in this room over night but were very impressed with how clean it was. This room was so spacious it was like staying at someone small apartment. I choose this hotel based on this sites recommendations and would definately recommend this hotel. The hotel set up is nicer than pictured at this site. My two teenagers were impressed with the hotel and the room which is very hard to do.The hotel also had a pool & whirlpool which were not open because it was winter time. We paid $120/night for this room which was extremely reasonable & well worth the money. The hotel had a very poor selection of DVD bring your own and at the time they didn't have any movie on demand service. Other than that you can't go wrong staying here especially if you are staying for any length of time. I have traveled a lot and this is one of the nicest suite I have stayed at.

• Stayed: February 2010, traveled with family
Reviewed February 19, 2010

Stayed here in Trio Suite with husband and two adult relatives, February 2-4. We
couldn't believe the size - two large bedrooms with completely stocked kitchen, living
room with dining area. The refrigerator even had an ice maker. Super clean. Free morning buffet breakfast was more than enough for our hungry crowd and the dinner buffet was great and unexpected. Staff answered all our questions and were extremely helpful. A definite winner and would certainly stay again.

B. Adams, Milford, PA

• Stayed: February 2010, traveled with family
Reviewed February 1, 2010

I recently completed a multiple night stay at the Staybridge in Malvern Pa. I selected the hotel because the combination of described amenities and price made it the best value in the area that I was visiting.
I was pleasantly surprised to learn upon check-in that the description of amenities only partially captured the quality of service that the hotel offered. First -- the room itself was clean odor free. The bed linens were crisp and white, and the matress and pillows were not overused. The room was a suite and included a television in the bedroom and a comfortable couch and chair combo with a hotel provided television and dvd player in the living room. There was a kitchen appropriately stocked with pots, pans, and dishes, and full home sized appliances (including a dishwasher).
The bathroom contained a tub/shower combo with excellent water pressure and no apparent shortage of hot water. The walk-in closet area not only held the expected iron and ironing board --- but also had an ample supply of hangers and a laundry basket.
The Laundry facilities were user friendly and complimentary - the front desk staff even provided laundry soap to save me a trip to the store.
There was a serviceable business center, and the food and drinks in the mini-market area were fairly priced with only a minimal mark-up -- not the inflated pricing I've seen other hotels. Although I did not use the fitness center during my stay, it was obviously well equipped.
The hotel provided a full dinner three nights a week and hot breakfast every morning. The food was plentiful and satisfying --- a welcome meal on nights that I was too tired to go out for dinner.
I would highly recommend this hotel to anyone looking for either a room for the night or a long-term home away from home.

• Stayed: January 2010, traveled on business
Also consider these accommodations in or near Malvern
Homewood Suites by Hilton Philadelphia Great Valley
Courtyard Philadelphia Great Valley/Malvern
The Desmond Hotel Malvern
Hyatt House Philadelphia/King of Prussia
Hyatt House Philadelphia/King of...
#1 of 16 in King of Prussia
Hampton Inn Philadelphia/Great Valley/Malvern
Residence Inn Philadelphia Great Valley/Malvern

Been to Sonesta ES Suites Malvern? Share your experiences!