“A lovely place to stay with bags of room”

Sonesta ES Suites Malvern
Ranked #1 of 7 Hotels in Malvern
Southampton, United Kingdom
“A lovely place to stay with bags of room”
Reviewed April 14, 2013

It was our first time in Malvern. Sonesta Suites is off the main road, surrounded by trees, a very pleasant spot with a huge Wegmans nearby. The complex is a series of 2 storey blocks with paths and gardens between with the pool as a centrepiece.Reception greeted us with a warm smile. As soon as we settled in, they telephoned to check everything was OK. It was. We booked a 2 bedroom suite and had 2 large bedrooms with desk and en suite as well as a large lounge and kitchen, all immaculately clean and cosy. Although the decor is rather tired, everything worked fine, even down to the hot air blowers in the bathrooms, which we enjoyed. There was a huge fridge and cooker as well as microwave and coffee machine. There were TVs in all 3 rooms. The beds were very comfy and we had fresh towels regularly. Unfortunately it was too cold to use the outdoor pool and whirlpool - a trip in the summer would be lovely! The included breakfast was luxurious with a waffle making machine, choices of coffee/teas/juice, hot breakfast, cereal, bagels, muffins, lots of fresh fruit, yoghurt and oatmeal. A feast and in a very pleasant area too. We could have stayed for ages, but unfortunately had other fish to fry! With a bit of TLC this place could be amazing, but we were very happy with what we had and the price. The staff were lovely - the breakfast man even waved us goodbye on our last day! Highly recommended.

Room Tip: Upstairs rooms seemed lighter - it is only 2 stories with balconies.
  • Stayed March 2013, traveled with family
1 Thank amazonflash

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (59)
Bradenton, Florida
Reviewed April 4, 2013

Let me start with the positives: reasonable rates, spacious rooms, nice toiletries, very pleasant staff. That said, I don't think I will ever stay here again. This is the 3rd time I have stayed here and the 2nd that I have been given a room infested with ants and spiders. Apparently I'm not alone since I heard another guest checking in say that she had ants in her room on a previous visit. It was under different management last time it happened to me (Staybridge instead of Sonesta) but I guess some things never change. The guy at the desk assured the other guest that the ant problem was no longer an issue. Maybe not in her room but they definitely were in mine. This is my company's preferred hotel in the area but I'll definitely be staying somewhere else next time even if I have to pay for it myself!

As for the ratings, sleep quality was terrible because just thinking about the ants kept me awake all night itching

Room Tip: Before you get settled Check around the windows to make sure there aren't any ants crawling arou...
  • Stayed April 2013, traveled on business
Hoboken, New Jersey
Reviewed April 2, 2013

I just checked out of this hotel and I have nothing but good things to say about it. It is an long stay hotel style with a very warm and welcoming atmosphere starting with the friendly staff. Yes, the rooms (apartments, actually) are a bit dated and TVs are old-school tube TV, but the kitchen area is clean, well equiped, the bathrooms are very clean, and beds are comfortable. There was a reception (appetizers and pizza) when I checked in which was a nice snack before dinner. Great location too, lots of good restaurants nearby on route 30 (McKenzie's, Cedar Cafe, etc...)

I usually don't like long stay style hotels, but this one is an exception. Highly recommended!

Room Tip: If you can carry your luggage up the stairs, chose rooms from the second floor, much quieter.
  • Stayed April 2013, traveled on business
michelle f, General Manager at Sonesta ES Suites Malvern, responded to this review, April 3, 2013
Thank you so much for choosing the Sonesta ES in Malvern for your recent visit. We really appreciate you taking the time to provide feedback, and I am happy to hear that you enjoyed your stay with us! Additionally, I’m pleased you were able to feel that warm friendly welcome that we strive for. Come visit us again soon! Regards, Michelle Fones General Manager
Saugerties, New York
Reviewed March 19, 2013

Clean rooms, great breakfast, nice kitchen, very accommodating staff. If you have any problems with loud guests, ask for Alex or Amanda and they will take care of it in a very professional way. Wegmans across the street is a big bonus!

• Stayed March 2013, traveled on business
michelle f, General Manager at Sonesta ES Suites Malvern, responded to this review, March 21, 2013
Thank you for taking the time to let us know how your stay was, you were in good hands with Alex and Amanda. I agree, it’s great to have Wegmans across the street and there are plans to add more restaurants, a movie theater and some retails stores within the next year! We hope to see you on your next visit. Regards, Michelle Fones General Manager
Reviewed March 14, 2013

Fantastic staff who are more than willing to help in any way(s) possible. STELLAR breakfasts with fresh fruits (go on the earlier end) and a wide variety of options for all sorts of palettes. Comfortable rooms with ample living space. Kitchens are a bit outdated but perfectly functional. Great natural light and awesome Resort events (beverage socials, take-out nights, etc...)
Very impressed :)

Room Tip: Opt for a two-bedroom depending on the length of your stay, it will give you more space to store/spr...
  • Stayed March 2013, traveled with family
michelle f, General Manager at Sonesta ES Suites Malvern, responded to this review, March 18, 2013
I’m delighted that our team took such good care of you, and that you enjoyed your stay with us! We have recently updated our breakfast and added more fresh fruit and variety to give healthy options and lots of choices; I’m thrilled that it’s making a difference. There are a lot of hotel options out there, and thank you for choosing Sonesta ES Suites. Regards, Michelle Fones General Manager
BREINIGSVILLE
Reviewed March 8, 2013

I try to stay in extended stays whenever possible. Sonesta was a name that I was not familiar with, but I decided to give it a try. I was pleasantly surprised. The staff at the front desk at check inn was very friendly. The room was clean, and a good size. The internet worked without a hitch. I went to the Wegman's to pick up things for dinner. Coming back, I realized that I had forgotten to pick up dish soap. An even bigger surprise was finding out that there were supplies of both dish soap and dishwasher soap in the kitchen. The bed was very comfortable. Breakfast the next morning was plentiful and varied, but the stations were a bit strange. I almost missed the hot station completely.
I will definitely stay in this one again, and hope that the chain expands in the future.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled on business
Thank you for choosing Sonesta ES while you were in the Malvern area! I’m glad that you enjoyed breakfast, and I appreciate your feedback on the separate station with the hot items. We have a few ideas that may help guide our guests in the future. I’m so pleased that you will stay with us again, and yes – we are a NEW growing brand and hopefully we will have some new locations to add soon! Regards, Michelle Fones General Manager
York, PA
Reviewed March 2, 2013

In spite of what some others have said, I found Sonesta ES Malvern to be a very good value and a comfortable night's stay. The kitchen cupboards could use some updating, but that is of no real consequence. The bedding, much more important, was excellent. I had no trouble with the internet. The general layout of the suite was convenient, except that the tub/toilet area could be larger. One upgrade the hotel should do is to upgrade the TV's. Other than that, I thought the accommodations were thoughtfully provided (kitchen supplies, extra pillows, and such). I would not hesitate to return.

• Stayed March 2013
michelle f, Manager at Sonesta ES Suites Malvern, responded to this review, March 4, 2013
Thank you so much for your feedback, it's much appreciated. I was happy to read that you had an enjoyable stay and that your HSIA worked well. We did upgrade our guest Internet last November, wired as well as wireless. I agree about our old TV’s, the good news is we will start interior renovations in less than a year, which will included all new HD Smart TV’s. Thank you for choosing Sonesta ES Malvern and please come visit us again! Michelle Fones, General Manager
Also consider these accommodations in or near Malvern
Homewood Suites by Hilton Philadelphia Great Valley
Hampton Inn Philadelphia/Great Valley/Malvern
Hyatt House Philadelphia/King of Prussia
Hyatt House Philadelphia/King of...
#1 of 16 in King of Prussia
Residence Inn Philadelphia Great Valley/Malvern
Best Western Plus The Inn at King of Prussia
Best Western Plus The Inn at Kin...
#2 of 16 in King of Prussia
The Desmond Hotel Malvern

Been to Sonesta ES Suites Malvern? Share your experiences!