“Overrated, Left Disappointed”

Dining options: Reservations
Philadelphia
“Overrated, Left Disappointed”
Reviewed February 8, 2014 via mobile

I had heard and read many positive reviews the I decided to take the family here for dinner. WOW, what a letdown . Ambiance was fine but the waitress service was poor. The salads were poor as the house and Cesar were too salty. My entrée was the chicken parm. The chicken was overcooked and had the consistency of rubber. The marinara sauce tasted like it just came out of a Hunt tomato can and very watery. The pasta though was good, not great. My wife and daughters meal were not much better except for the vegetables that were fresh tasting.
I hate to write a poor review but reading the positive reviews here maybe set my expectations too high. I will not be back as there are other better Italian restaurants in the area.

1 Thank FloodPro

Edmonton, Canada
“Excellent - No other word to describe”
Reviewed November 13, 2013

I have the Calamari (sauté) for an appetizer and it was very good. For dinner I have the Pappardelle alla Pescarese (Shrimp, Scallops and Crab in a Lobster Sauce). It came with broad noodles. The portions were quite large and excellent doesn't begin to describe the flavours. It was a very enjoyable meal. Don't miss this place. Also as I found out, all lot of dinning rooms in PA are BYOB, so don't forget to bring your wine!!

• Visited November 2013
Philadelphia, Pennsylvania
“Best BYOB in suburbs of Philly”
Reviewed October 28, 2013

We have had dinner here numerous times and not one complaint. The food is awesome and you get a perfect presentation and amount of food. The service is always outstanding. This is where we have decided to have our Christmas family party this year. The group rate was very reasonable! Highly recommend if you are in the area!

• Visited October 2013
Ventnor City, New Jersey
“Ok”
Reviewed October 26, 2013 via mobile

We stopped by for dinner on an early Saturday the restaurant had bot yet opened , it was around 4:30, but they sat us anyway which I thought was nice. We had to wait for our server, that's ok, when she came to our table to greet us she was ready to take our order I had to ask for the specials, she said she had to check and returned about 10 mins later. Since there was no real description we passed I had the veal parm it was very tasteful and the sauce was think and outstanding. I think I could have just eaten the sauce was some real good Italian bread
For dresser I would reccomend the tiramisu , probably one of the best I have ever eaten
Would I return yes if I were in the area
Th

Pennsylvania
“Perfect”
Reviewed September 5, 2013

Stopped after a long drive, it was just what we needed! Service is attentive but not intrusive. Red sauce is heavenly! We had eggplant app. It was huge, we ate every morsel! Sauce was amazing.....mmmmm said that!!! We each had a special. I had the grouper. Grouper can be wonderful or it can be awful. Luckily, this was wonderful. Husband had mussels..wow! There were soooo many! And delicious, also. Dessert we shared....again, we ate it all! Everything was perfect.
Love byob!
Check was reasonable. Will return!

Visited September 2013

Been to Ristorante Verona? Share your experiences!