“Inconsistent”
Review of Twenty9

Twenty9
Reserve with OpenTable
Twenty9 is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #25 of 72 Restaurants in Malvern
Cuisines: American, Contemporary
Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Cross street: Lancaster Ave & Route 29
Description: Twenty9 is the newest success from partners Stephen Scutti and Executive Chef Edwin Tietjen, whose jointly-owned restaurant in Media, PA (Stephen's) has been topping the charts since 2003. Now, in concert with Patricia Archie, they have joined forces again to debut Twenty9, an upscale Malvern retreat located in the Great Valley Corporate Center. At 7,000 square feet, this two-level destination is a combined fine-dining restaurant, casual sports bar, and special event venue - all conveniently situated under a single roof. By day, Twenty9 accommodates the thriving businesses in the corporate center and surrounding areas, offering dine-in and delivered lunches, as well as lunch buffets. By night, Twenty9 dons its chic after-dark persona, with a focus on Happy Hour socializing, live music, and leisurely dining overlooking a landscaped panorama. From contemporary dining on the main floor to a sports bar on the lower level, to live music, Twenty9 provides the ideal setting for everyone!
Philadelphia
“Inconsistent”
Reviewed December 29, 2013

With six in our party, our dinners went from really good to just okay. The flatbread special was burnt around the edges (I mean black), while the prime rib was excellent. The risotto was dense and not creamy, salads were delicious. Service was very good. This place is in the middle of a corporate center so is more of a lunch-time place. It was pricey. If in the area, I would try this place for lunch but I don't think I'll be back for dinner, as there are many other options in the area.

• Visited December 2013
1 Thank 2collegemom

“Good food and attentive staff”
Reviewed October 19, 2013 via mobile

Very good food and attentive staff. We came for a meal and to chat with friends. Bar scene was festive. Dining room is separated from bar area so it's more quiet if you want that. The building is very attractive old barn/salt box feel. Nice atmosphere.

Visited October 2013
1 Thank Ppmetzger
Downingtown, Pennsylvania
“Outstanding Food!”
Reviewed September 3, 2013

This one is local for us, but the food is some of the best in the area. I had the filet steak with a crab cake on top and it was as good a cut of meat as one can get at Ruth's. Nice and thick and cooked to perfection. Very tasty as well, with the side sauce offered. And my wife has the scallops and they were outstanding!!! The best tasting ones we have ever had. Nice and big and thick as well. We left with the two meals and two drinks for just over $60. This was our anniversary gift to ourselves; that is how good it is!!

• Visited August 2013
2 Thank Hummel_Family
Media, Pennsylvania
“Delightful Restaurant”
Reviewed August 9, 2013

We enjoyed our meal. It was not very crowded and the service was wonderful, very attentive. The view of the countryside was beautiful. My husband got the seafood chowder and I wish I had also gotten that, it was delicious. My caesar salad was ok, it could have used a bit more flavor and there was way too much dressing. I got the lobster macaroni which was amazing, very rich and creamy. My husband's scallops were seasoned perfectly. We both wound up taking doggy bags so we got to enjoy the food the next day too. We would definitely return. It is in the middle of a corporate campus so I am guessing it gets more crowded for lunch. We were happy to have a Groupon or we never would have known about this restaurant.

• Visited August 2013
2 Thank Ginnietraveler
Philadelphia, Pennsylvania, United States
“Fantastic!”
Reviewed July 18, 2013

My husband and I have been here on several occasions and the food, staff and service are consistently great! The atmosphere is lively, yet romantic and we usually dine on their outdoor, enclosed porch area which offers a beautiful view of the surrounding hills. Our latest visit was complimented by the rain on the tin roof:) This is rapidly becoming my very favorite restaurant and I highly recommend it!

• Visited July 2013
1 Thank Cindy C

Been to Twenty9? Share your experiences!