“Go somewhere else!”
Review of Twenty9

Twenty9
Reserve with OpenTable
Twenty9 is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #27 of 73 Restaurants in Malvern
Cuisines: American, Contemporary
Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Cross street: Lancaster Ave & Route 29
Description: Twenty9 is the newest success from partners Stephen Scutti and Executive Chef Edwin Tietjen, whose jointly-owned restaurant in Media, PA (Stephen's) has been topping the charts since 2003. Now, in concert with Patricia Archie, they have joined forces again to debut Twenty9, an upscale Malvern retreat located in the Great Valley Corporate Center. At 7,000 square feet, this two-level destination is a combined fine-dining restaurant, casual sports bar, and special event venue - all conveniently situated under a single roof. By day, Twenty9 accommodates the thriving businesses in the corporate center and surrounding areas, offering dine-in and delivered lunches, as well as lunch buffets. By night, Twenty9 dons its chic after-dark persona, with a focus on Happy Hour socializing, live music, and leisurely dining overlooking a landscaped panorama. From contemporary dining on the main floor to a sports bar on the lower level, to live music, Twenty9 provides the ideal setting for everyone!
Pennsylvania
“Go somewhere else!”
Reviewed May 12, 2013

We took my parents to 29 for Mothers Day today and it was the worst meal I've ever had. Arriving in the parking lot and seeing only 6 cars at 5pm should have been the 1st sign. We also should have checked what was on the buffet before being seated because we would have left then. The food was all dried out and the small amount of salad was swimming in vinegar. The smoked salmon ran out and they never brought anymore out.My dad could not cut the prime rib and the servers did not speak English when he asked for a rare piece. I had a 4ounce glass of wine for $7.50 and my folks had a margarita that was undrinkable. They advertise BYOB Sunday and Mondays and when we made reservations we asked and they said yes BYOB...we were not allowed to BYOB! We were never offered coffee after we got our dessert and the icing on the cake was the waiter adding a $26.00 tip to our bill. I have never written a bad review but there's always a first time for everything. :(

Visited May 2013
1 Thank Rsiesta

Philadelphia, Pennsylvania
“Great bar/fine food in Malvern”
Reviewed April 8, 2013

This is a fun restaurant that offers an active sports bar with great food. Hard to believe one can find both under one roof! We were rather tight for time and stopped in for a quick dinner. We were delighted and surprised to find excellent food-Ahi tuna, delicious risotto and tender scallops, in a casual yet polished establishment. The waitress, Chrissy, did a fantastic job expediting our meal because of the time constraints. . We have already recommended Twenty9 to friends and family. Will definitely go there again.

1 Thank petenclaire_10
Lancaster, Pennsylvania, United States
“Great meeting place”
Reviewed April 7, 2013 via mobile

Met my girlfriend here that I don't get to see often . The server Izzy was fabulous . The food was out of this world .compliments to the chef . Since we were catching up on our lives we sat for a
Long time . Nobody made us feel like we were taking up too much time . Too chilly on our visit but they have a cute deck . I will definitely be taking my husband here on a road trip ,since it is an hour from our home . I know it will be worth the trip . And he will love it

Visited April 2013
Ardmore, Pennsylvania
“Enjoyed Our Luncheon”
Reviewed April 4, 2013

A group of us from the office had lunch here the other day. Portions were generous
and the food was very tasty. I would go back again.

Philadelphia, Pennsylvania
“Pretty average overall”
Reviewed April 4, 2013

Just visited Twenty9 recently for the first time to meet up with a friend after work. Walking into the restaurant, I saw the bar immediately - since it seems to take up half of the first floor. The dinner menu was rather pricey - an appetizer, drink & entree could easily run more than $50pp, which to me feels pricey considering it's in the middle of a corporate center. My friend opted for a few sides, I ordered a chicken entree (our bill was around $70 minus tip). The meal was pretty good - service was standard.

The atmosphere is difficult to pin down. We stayed for about 2.5 hours and saw that the crowd turned over. A DJ played a few songs sporadically, and party lights beamed throughout the room. At one point, we couldn't hear each other talking since the music was so loud. I didn't venture downstairs, but I heard that it still has an older sports bar vibe. Overall, this restaurant leaves me a bit confused. What is its identity?

Would consider going again, but is more of an after-work location - rather than somewhere I'd venture to on a Saturday night.

1 Thank tallchick1978

Been to Twenty9? Share your experiences!