“Everything is from scratch, reasonably priced, and great!”
Review of Dixie Picnic

Dixie Picnic
Ranked #1 of 1 Coffee & Tea in Malvern
Cuisines: American
Dining options: Breakfast, Lunch
Description: Dixie Picnic in Malvern is located in the Lincoln Court Shopping Center and specializes in serving the on-the-go communities of East Whiteland and the Great Valley Corporate Centers. We specialize in lunches made on the premises and fresh baked goods to start the morning right. Our Morning Star Coffee will spoil change the way you feel about morning! Always fresh and never bitter, we offer Morning Star Coffee in a variety of roasts and in specialty espresso drinks as well. Call ahead for take out orders and have your box lunch ready for you on arrival. View our menu on our website and consider us for your corporate catering needs. Our specialty baked good, the Upcake, is the upside down cupcake baked fresh daily with only the best ingredients. Shipped around the country, Upcakes are perfect for any occasion to send a little love.
Reviewed October 1, 2011

Love the down-home southern food & "upside down" cup cakes. Fantastic kid's meals and their breakfast menu can't be beat.

There are newer reviews for Dixie Picnic

Reviewed September 24, 2011

Dixie Picnic is my go-to place for weekend breakfasts -- they serve it until 2 on weekends so you have no excuse to miss it! Everything is fresh and cooked to order with lots of tasty specials to supplement the regular menu. Eggs are done to perfection any way you like and the toast always comes with homemade strawberry jam. While I'm usually not a fan of breakfast potatoes, their's are amazing, seasoned with tarragon I think which is wonderful. And if you are a French toast lover, you must try their French Toast a l'orange, it is simply the best I've ever tasted. The service is warm and friendly and you can relax on the wicker benches, spread out your newspaper and enjoy a fantastic meal.

1  Thank trvlgirl13
Reviewed January 21, 2011

If you haven't been to Dixie Picnic yet, YOU NEED TO GO! They used to be located in Ocean City, NJ, and now have moved to my area!! I am so excited!!!!!! It means I can have their delicious food year round, whenever I please!! Their upcakes are my absolute favorite, there are always many different delicious flavors to choose from! The staff is friendly, and the atmosphere is SUPER comfy. The last time I was here, they had expanded into the old Galleto's space...now called "The Pantry"....this area houses the bakery side of the restaurant. Upstairs in the original space, is the main restaurant. I always have a hard time deciding on my meal because everything is so delicious. I have to say my favorite item is their veggie sandwich, in a boxed lunch...the veggie sandwich has avocado, tomato, cucumber, sunflower seeds, lettuce, colby-jack cheese, and chili-mayo, on the best 7-grain bread I've ever had. I also love their pasta salad, which has pesto and cherry tomatoes in it--YUMM!!
Dixie Picnic also has the best potato salad EVER. Seriously, ever. It's amazing. And when I come in for breakfast, I want everything! All of their food is homemade and so yummy...I think I may just go over for dinner tonight!

Reviewed January 20, 2011

I just have to say, it was perfect timimg on my part. I walked in as a batch of ribs was coming out of the smoker in preparation for their dinners. I only had a few minutes and was in for a sandwich but I wanted to stay for dinner. On the Betty's Box Lunch menu the Thanksgiving Sandwich--the first one to catch my eye. The older gentleman working the counter was very helpful and patient while I looked at the menu. He explained the box lunch and that it's the perfect lunch to go. I got my sandwich (YUM) a side (I choose potato salad) and an UPCAKE (Lemon on Gingerbread--Mmmmmm!!!! which is explained as an upside down cupcake with icing all over so you get some in icing with everybite of cake...how much better can it get? I will have to come back for dinner because all I keep thinking about is the aroma of those ribs!!