“Desmond Hunt Room”

The Hunt Room at the Desmond Hotel
Reserve with OpenTable
The Hunt Room at the Desmond Hotel is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #6 of 75 Restaurants in Malvern
Cuisines: Seafood, Steakhouse
Dining options: Breakfast, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Cross street: Rte 202 & Rte 29
Description: Enjoy the best in American Regional Cuisine in Malvern PA at The Desmond’s Hunt Room. The Hunt Room is the perfect spot when you are in the mood for great steaks and seafood. The Culinary Team takes pride in serving the most succulent prime beef, the freshest seafood and a tempting array of delicious salads, sides and desserts.The Hunt Room restaurant is open daily from 7 am until 10 pm for breakfast, lunch and dinner. Sunday Brunch is served from 8:30 am until 2 pm.
Reviewed February 16, 2013

This was part of a dinner, lodging and breakfast package for Valentines Day. the service was very good, the food excellent and the lodging excellent. This is a fine lodging and restaurant facility giving excellent service and attention to detail.

Mike_Chain, General Manager at The Hunt Room at the Desmond Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded May 1, 2013

Dear Guest,

Thanks for your feedback, I am so glad you enjoyed your experience. Please return again, we have many dining options especially during the spring, summer and fall. Our new menus for our 3 restaurants will be available shortly online @ www.desmondgv.com.

Thanks again,

Michael Chain

Reviewed November 27, 2012

Since my mom (84) had a stroke two months ago, we decided to go out his year for Thanksgiving rather than create more stress. I chose the Desmond Hotel since it was near my mom's house. The restaurant was serving buffet style for Thanksgiving.

Everyone commented on how good the food was. The turkey was moist and there was a large selection of other meat (beef, crab cakes, etc) , salads, mashed potatoes, stuffing (cornbread variety), gravy, and bean casserole. There was a set price per person which included all-you-could-eat (most people got seconds) with wine or drinks extra.

I thought the whole idea of going out was fun and we got to enjoy each other's company rather than someone being stuck in the kitchen. My only complaint was there was only one line for turkey and that is what everyone wanted so the line got backed up. I would recommend two lines for turkey! I resorted to eating roast beef instead so I could avoid the line. I don't have much patience for lines! Since turkey seemed to be the focus, I would have two separate turkey lines set apart from the other side dishes to keep things moving better.

The food was of good quality and the service was friendly and efficient. No one made my mom feel like a nuisance with her walker and the waiter offered to store it for her. I got her a plate of food so she did not have to go stand in a line. There was quite a large dessert selection including pecan pie, bread pudding, and little cakes and cookies. My daughters (19 and 20) loved them! My mom really enjoyed a rich, dark chocolate tiny cake.

1  Thank Donna224488

Dear Guest,

Thanks for your feedback. Its not easy to cook for 1,000 people and we are so pleased your family enjoyed everything. We will consider your feedback about the turkey line and see if there could be a way to improve the flow.

Hopefully you will return next year and save the time and hassle of cooking and cleaning; leave it to us!

Michael Chain

Reviewed November 10, 2012

Went there based on a Sunday brunch experience. Nachos were soggy and steak sandwich was basted in oil. I will not return.

Reviewed September 30, 2012

Friendly service was the highlight of our dinner. I only ordered soup ( seafood bisque with good flavor, but nearly room temperature) and caesar salad (far too much gloppy dressing). My companions' meals were good enough, but the menu was rather ordinary. The yummy looking offerings advertised in the elevator of the hotel were no longer on the menu, a real disappointment.

1  Thank Passage1333
Reviewed September 24, 2012

Service was ok,but slipped a few times on drinks and a meal was overlooked and therefore served after everyone else at the table was finished. Other than that the food was good.

Been to The Hunt Room at the Desmond Hotel? Share your experiences!