“Don't stay here”

Ranked #2 of 7 Hotels in Malvern
Bonita Springs, Florida
“Don't stay here”
Reviewed November 23, 2013

This is a crumby hotel, poorly kept and poorly managed. They over billed me on multiple occasions. I couldn't even get a cart or anyone to help me when I checked out after having to stay there for two months. Furthermore, the place is filled with stink bugs.

• Stayed November 2013, traveled on business

1 Thank htilsen
paultomasetti, General Manager at Homewood Suites by Hilton Philadelphia Great Valley, responded to this review, December 12, 2013
Hello Guest,

I appreciate your time earlier this week to personally speak directly to me about what you have reported regarding your experience with us. I regret that we were unable to live up to your expectations over the last several months that you chose to live with us.

As I communicated personally to you during our telephone conversation, we disagree with what you have reported to be your experience. It is a fact that our Director of Sales, Stacia Confer, did personally deliver a luggage cart to your room at 7:15am on the morning of your departure. At that time she personally offered to assist you, at which you chose to close your guest room door on her. I personally inspected your room, along with other members of management and our pest control vendor after your departure when we reviewed your posting and found absolutely no evidence of “stink bugs” in your suite. In addition, a “stink bug” problem has never been an issue at our property over the last 4 years which I have personally managed it. Additionally, in reviewing our records and completing an investigation with our team, I found at no time during the last couple months you ever reported a “stink bug” problem in your room to any of our team members. Lastly, I personally reviewed in detail your finalized bill and you were only charged the agreed upon rate for the nights you stayed with us.

Your feedback has been shared with our entire team. We do work very hard to deliver on an overall experience that exceeds each of our guests expectations.

Best Regards,

Paul Tomasetti

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (49)
Concord,CA., United States
Reviewed November 21, 2013

I liked the place. It had everything I wanted. The bed was a little hard but overall the location and the amenities suited me very well. I like having a fridge and plates and silver wear. Plus serving breakfast. I liked it a lot.

• Stayed November 2013, traveled as a couple

Malvern, United States
Reviewed November 21, 2013

Everything about the Malvern, PA Homewood Suites was excellent. We were in the area for a family reunion and had four suites for our New Hampshire family. No one was disappointed. Wish we had more time to enjoy all the amenities. Would not hesitate to stay at Homewood Suites on future trips.

• Stayed November 2013, traveled with family

Lancaster, PA
Reviewed November 20, 2013 via mobile

We stayed here for an event at the expo center and everything was great. The rooms were clean and spacious, the beds were very comfortable, the location was easy to find and the hot breakfast was excellent. I would definitely stay here again if traveling back to the area.

Stayed November 2013, traveled with friends
1 Thank Kristin O
West Malling, United Kingdom
Reviewed November 15, 2013 via mobile

Stayed at the Homewood Suite for three nights and I could not found the staff more friendly and efficient. I needed to extend my stay by a day and initially they were fully booked but in the end they were able to accommodate me. A warm friendly atmosphere, worth a stay.

Stayed November 2013, traveled solo
Westfield, New Jersey
Reviewed November 10, 2013

Excellent front-desk staff (one even came to our room at 8:00 Saturday night, on her cell phone with off-site maintenance staff to re-program our thermostat!). We were reassured on check-in that the youth group staying at the hotel would have their own separate floor, and we never heard a peep. We were visiting family, but seemed like a good location for many nearby corporate parks. Indoor pool area looked well-maintained, and our kids enjoyed having it to themselves in the afternoon. Good breakfast selection (although I missed my usual hotel breakfast staple of oatmeal!). Overall, a good choice.

Room Tip: Some background highway noise in the back of the hotel, but rooms back there are away from any hotel...
  • Stayed November 2013, traveled with family
Earth
Reviewed November 7, 2013

We had a comfortable and spacious suite.
The bed was excellent and comfortable.
Our suite was clean and very quiet.
A complimentary light dinner is served on Monday to Thursday, helping very much the tired guests that prefer not to drive again in the evening.
Breakfast was good, with large variety of items.

The problems:

No automatic door at hotel's entrance. Why do I have to fight the door in order to enter with the luggage cart? A hotel's entrance door should be easy and comfortable to use.

When we came back to our suite on our second evening at that hotel, we found out that the bed was not made and there was a note on the bed saying that it was not made because we left personal items on it. We did leave a pillow of our own and a pajama, which we always leave on bed in all the hotels we've stayed at ever, but it was never a problem.
If that is the hotel's policy, they should inform the guests about it upon checking in, instead of informing them about it after leaving personal items in bed, so that guests can choose what to do.

On our second morning at that hotel they served completely green and non-edible bananas for breakfast. Why serving an item that nobody can eat? Only in order to mark a "v" on an items list ?

The sink in bathroom was located extremely low. I am not a tall person, yet I had to bend deeply in order to wash my hands. Why?

Too small towels.

The light dinner was very problematic:
The cutlery was not clean and we had to pick several forks and knifes in order to find clean ones.
Both kinds of beers that were served on the first evening were bad and not the taste of the brand they were supposed to be. On the third evening they were OK.
That meal is served from 17 to 19. We arrived at 18 and they were out of white wine and one of the dishes, but nobody thought to refill those items. I asked the worker to refill them and she asked surprised: You need more? As if we ate a lot and ask for more - not a very polite and pleasant answer. I told to her that we have not eaten yet. She prepared the dish and refilled the white wine.
In the meantime, there were many other guests that came and found the dish's bowl empty, but none of them said even one word about it. After refilling the dish and the wine, all of them came and served themselves.
The vegetables that were served have not been checked. Some of the grape tomatoes were stained, some of the lettuce leaves were withered and there were seeds on the peppers.
It's very nice to have a complimentary meal, but it cannot be so problematic. Either you serve a good and well organised meal or you serve nothing.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled as a couple
1 Thank AllKnowMother
paultomasetti, General Manager at Homewood Suites by Hilton Philadelphia Great Valley, responded to this review, November 8, 2013
Hello All Know Mother-

We appreciate your feedback and thank you for taking the time to provide us a detailed recap of your recent experience here. We certainly were encouraged to hear you thought “all in all a very good hotel.” Obviously there seem to be some areas where you would appreciate to see improvement and we will surely use your feedback to continue improving.

I can assure you if I had designed and built the hotel, automatic doors would have been one thing included. As I help develop a capital budget for 2014, I fully intend to evaluate this in the scope of work to be included for necessary upgrades.

We take great pride in both our breakfast and evening social offerings. I apologize for the green bananas, I will ensure proper training occurs with our breakfast staff so that green bananas are not offered in the future. Edna, our evening social cook, takes great pride in the food offerings, preparation and overall social experience. We obviously fell short of your expectations in this evening experience and what you described is far from the great consistent social experience we are accustomed to offering. I know Edna will take your feedback to heart and work on the necessary improvements. I can tell you most of our dishes are homemade by Edna, including her special pumpkin pie. She even goes as far as growing a garden on property to pick fresh basil, parsley and other herbs to accent her meals.

I regret we did not have an opportunity to make right your concerns while you were visiting with us. We would have certainly been able to address most of your concerns immediately if we were made aware at any point during your stay. Thank you again for your feedback, as we will most surely use it for training opportunities and improvement moving forward.

Best Regards,

Paul Tomasetti
Also consider these accommodations in or near Malvern
Sonesta ES Suites Malvern
Courtyard Philadelphia Great Valley/Malvern
Embassy Suites by Hilton Philadelphia-Valley Forge
Hampton Inn Philadelphia/Great Valley/Malvern
The Desmond Hotel Malvern
Hyatt House Philadelphia/King of Prussia
Hyatt House Philadelphia/King of...
#1 of 16 in King of Prussia

Been to Homewood Suites by Hilton Philadelphia Great Valley? Share your experiences!