“Never Ever Again !!”

Cuisines: American, Barbecue, Steakhouse, Bar
Dining options: Dinner, Late Night, Breakfast, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Dining
Cross street: Buckeye Road
Description: Since 1735, the Buckeye Tavern, located in Macungie, PA, has been a local landmark, serving the finest in tavern food and libations to generations of regular patrons and out-of-town guests. Opened as an inn and hotel in 1735 and operating through the late 1800s as the East Macungie Hotel and later as The Load of Mischief, the property has long been in the business of serving customers with our own unique local style — a blend of true hospitality and fine food. Order online https://buckeyetavern.alohaorderonline.com/
Reviewed October 11, 2013 via mobile

I've lived in Macungie now for the past 14 yrs and been to the Buckeye a handful of times... probably 5-6 but this past time was definitely the last !! Each time we've gone in the past I've vowed it was the last but somehow we get talked into returning as part of a group or with another couple.. I've not had a meal here yet that I've truly enjoyed !!! Having looked at some of these other reviews, I've begun to wonder when is the secret time to dine here because I've never experienced the "Great food" or "Great service" !! The only thing we've every really enjoyed about our visits here have been the beautiful old building.... I can't imagine "The Pub on Main" in Alburtis will be any different .. but I'm sure we'll try it at least once !!

Reviewed October 8, 2013

Too much food!!! Ugh.
Probably should have avoided the appetizers...especially the hot wings. But, then ordered chil soup only because others in my party raved about it.
Then, mix with that my chicken over a bed of lettuce, egg, bacon, tomato, etc...and too much!
My daughter ordered the stir fry vegetables which I definitely felt were enough for two people.
Historical site, which meant..smaller bathrooms. But, they utilized every piece of space in the bathroom to be able to accomodate for wheelchairs.
I would return on a specials night and try something different.
Ample parking. Small tables. By the time our food came there wasn't anywhere to put our glasses. But, we were there for the food, and that is what I am rating.
Excellent food. Careful of choices as prices do seem to increase. Would recommend.

Reviewed September 24, 2013

I had a gathering of campaign supporters for my local campaign for political office. We had the use of a very private, nicely appointed private room upstairs, and our waitstaff for the evening were Gina and Ian. The food was perfect for this kind of event, easy to handle while doing meet & greet, and the bar set-up in the corner was very well-stocked and accessible. A number of people who attended had never been to the restaurant and made very favorable comments. I intend to return for a full-course dinner where I am not "working." I highly recommend the venue for personal AND business events!

Reviewed September 22, 2013

Have been here a few times over the years, and I think I am now done. Decent pub fare at best, but it seems the wait staff is just plain pissed off every time I go there, and I don't really feel welcome. Went for lunch mainly to sit outside on their deck on a beautiful day. We were seated, ordered, and then waited 35 minutes for a Rueben and a turkey club. Really? Food came and my wife's fries, were cold. Not to mention, I had to fetch our own salt, pepper and condiments, etc. To top it off, there was some kid of construction going on with power tools making it impossible to even have a conversation. I finally flagged down a waitress and asked her to just bring the bill as we had enough, and she replied "they do this all the time". WAY too many other better places to eat in the area. Number 4 in the area, really?

2  Thank Gunzee
Reviewed September 16, 2013

I want to like this place. I really do. It's close and it has rustic charm. Yet every time I've been there, I tell myself not to go back. The food is mediocre and it's definitely not worth the price. However, I think the biggest offense is that they just don't make you feel welcome. Every single waitperson we've encountered seems annoyed. There are just too many good choices in the Lehigh Valley to make me want to go back to this one.

1  Thank GoKelGo