“Great Wings!!!”

Cuisines: American, Barbecue, Steakhouse, Bar
Dining options: Late Night, Dinner, Breakfast, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Dining
Cross street: Buckeye Road
Description: Welcome Friends,GREAT FOOD, GREAT ATMOSPHERE AND FUN FOR THE WHOLE FAMILYSince 1735, the Buckeye Tavern, located in Macungie, PA, has been a local landmark, serving the finest in tavern food and libations to generations of regular patrons and out-of-town guests. Opened as an inn and hotel in 1735 and operating through the late 1800s as the East Macungie Hotel and later as The Load of Mischief, the property has long been in the business of serving customers with our own unique local style -- a blend of true hospitality and fine food.Today, a visit to the Buckeye offers a glimpse into the past and life at the "local roadhouse" in Pennsylvania. You'll discover pieces of the past honoring the history of the building on display throughout the restaurant.Join us as we offer the best food, perfectly prepared and served with style.We look forward to having you as our guests.It's where you go!HOPE & TERRY BENDER
Ocean City, MD
“Great Wings!!!”
Reviewed March 23, 2013

Was just up from Ocean City, MD and stopped at the Tavern for some wings. The hot and honey were delicious. Ask for extra sauce and drown those babies with love. The sides of blue cheese dressing have tons of chunky creamy blue cheese crumbles in it adding to the overall wing eating experience. Must try the French onion soup also. A staple at the Tavern...

Allentown, Pennsylvania
“Reputation is well deserved”
Reviewed March 16, 2013

A friend of mine was in town for the weekend, and we decided to have a nice dinner.

It was a Saturday night, and I made a reservation based on the popularity of the restaurant that is evident from other reviews on TripAdvisor. I was glad I did. The place was mobbed. We arrived a few minutes before our reservation and had a drink at the bar.

The main room with the bar was loud, with everyone socializing and having a good time. We were seated in a side room that was much quieter.

We both ordered from the evening's specials-- We each had the lobster bisque, which was very good, and we both had the prime rib, which was outstanding. I had a glass of red wine with my beef, but, unfortunately, I can't remember what it was. It was very good, though, and it was reasonably priced.

We had coffee after dinner and spent time catching up. We were the last ones in the small dining room, and our server politely asked if we would mind moving to the main dining room, which was much quieter by then.

I had a glass of brandy and we continued to catch up. We were never rushed out of the restaurant, but we were among the last to leave.

The service was efficient and friendly, and the ambience of the old building is wonderful.

Overall, the menu is geared mostly toward family friendly, but there were some nice "upscale dinner" choices on the menu, including the specials we had, so they do a good job of marketing toward different groups. It was nice that we were able to sit in the quiet room so that we could talk, while the bar crowd could enjoy themselves separately at a louder volume. Our reservation was for 7:30PM, so I assume that most of the families with kids were gone by then.

I would eat at the Buckeye Tavern again. It was a great meal and an enjoyable experience.

1 Thank ARWhite
Easton, Pennsylvania
“Excellent Atmosphere-Great Food-Going Back”
Reviewed March 3, 2013

My sister her family live in Macungie and yesterday my brother-in-law and I took their kids here after a long day of shopping and excitement. The building is to die for. The floors, the walls, the bar...just gorgeous to look at from the inside. We ate upstairs and had a nice, well informed server who helped us a make good decisions based on their huge menu. I had heard they were a bit pricey but being from NY, I suppose it could be pricey in some cases. I had the Macungie Pot Roast and it was excellent. I asked questions about other dishes and I was happy with my choice. The kids meals were good and they enjoyed them. I would happily go back here again and definitely plan on it!

Pennsylvania
“Good food but pricey”
Reviewed February 8, 2013

Have eaten several times and the food is consistently good, if you are in a hurry eat at the bar. Very friendly staff and more import an very efficient, obviously the kitchen is too. The only drawback is the prices. Dinner for 2 with a single glass of wine comes in at $50 (with tip) which is pricey for the area.

• Visited February 2013
Allentown
“LOVE LOVE LOVE THIS PLACE!”
Reviewed January 29, 2013

When we have something special to celebrate, we go to the Buckeye. Beautiful relaxed atmosphere, super friendly staff, and the black diamond steak is to die for! Try the Buckeye brew, and leave room for dessert!

Visited January 2013
BuckeyeTavern, Owner at Buckeye Tavern, responded to this review, January 31, 2013