“Great Seafood and a Great Bar”
Review of Stoned Crab - CLOSED

Stoned Crab
Cuisines: Seafood
Good for: Business meetings, Romantic
Dining options: Reservations
Dining style: Casual Dining
Cross street: Lower Macungie Road
Reviewed July 3, 2015

I was shocked at how good the cuisine at the Stoned Crab is. I really m looking forward to returning for enjoyed all the entrees our table ordered, The service was outstanding and the bar and wine list are top notched. I am looking forward to returning for another visit. All the desserts are made in house and the quality shows.

Reviewed June 5, 2015

We have been here many times, the most recent time I took my wife and mother-in-law and with soup dinner and drinks we dropped about $150.00 This is no surprise because we have been there many times and everything we have had here has always been fantastic.

The food is always fresh, hot and served in a timely manner. I never feel like I am being rushed and I never feel like it is taking too long to get out food. The Staff is always friendly, attentive and willing to explain anything. They quick to keep your glasses full and give you everything you need while not making a pest of themselves.

If there was anything at all that is not up to five stars I would have to say it is that the building looks a bit plain on the outside and the landscaping could use some help, but that is getting picky. The inside is very clean and inviting, the bar area is very nicely laid out and there are plenty of tables. The downstairs is a bit more rustic looking and has an older world charm, its very cozy great for a night out with the family of friends. The upstairs looks a bit more modern and more suited to a romantic dinner. I planned a valentine's day dinner with the wife and specifically requested a table upstairs.

Overall you need to understand that this is not an inexpensive place to eat, and the bill could get quite high depending on what you order. But the value for your money is excellent when you realize the quality of Service, Food, Atmosphere and dining experience.

1  Thank Roger J
Reviewed June 3, 2015

The Stoned Crab is a nice local restaurant. We have been here a few times and the food is consistently good but a little pricey. The service on Mother's day was great and this restaurant pleased everyone in our group. And... the Moscow Mule was excellent! I would recommend for both any time dining as well as a special occasion.

Reviewed April 20, 2015

We love seafood, but had not heard anybody raving about the Stoned Crab. The food was just OK; however, avoid the crab-cake. This $ 20 entree was nearly devoid of crab lumps and too salty.

Raw Delaware Bay oysters for the appetizer were also OK. You get five oysters instead of the traditional half-dozen. Four of the oysters were plump and fresh. One oyster was badly mangled during shucking and then the cold mess was just slapped on the shell.

We walked out and said to each other- "Well, we don't have to come back here." That's disappointing because the LV could use one more good seafood place.

On a positive note, the happy hour crowd at the bar seemed to be enjoying themselves.

1  Thank LVWanderer
Reviewed April 18, 2015

We ate here for my Son-In-Laws birthday. There were 7 of us. Everyone loves seafood, except my daughter, she eats chicken. There wasn't a big variety of chicken to choose from, one dish. It was ok. But it wasn't her birthday. We got Shrimp Cocktail and Escargot for an appetizer. First time any of us had escargot, so I don't know how good they were. We all tried them, but the sauce that they were in was fantastic! We had one taker on the rest of the snails he loved them. The salads were very good and the main meal was excellent. Our waitress was very polite and very attentive. We had such a good time there. They don't rush you by bringing out each course as soon as one person is finished with there plate. Each course was cleared after the last person was finished, and then the next course was brought out. It was so nice to be able to talk and have a good time without the feeling you should eat and get out. The only thing that could be improved is a changing area in the ladies room for the baby. We had our 4 month old grand daughter with us. A great time was had by all.