Bear Creek Mountain Resort
GardenInn.com
$125
Fairfield Inn
$65
All reviewsoutdoor jacuzziski slopessnow tubingdisc golfqueen suitetrail's endclose to homewedding venuedaughter's weddingsteam roomlehigh valleyhot tubcommon areasgreat weekendlift operatorsstayed for two nightstrails end
FilterAll languages
Reviewed July 13, 2014

I stayed a 1-night overnight trip at Bear Creek in July 2014. We had a standard queen room (2 beds) for our family of 4 (including 2 kids). It was small, but big enough for a 1-night stay. After reading previous reviews, I called to make the reservation (instead of doing it on-line) and asked for a room that would be quieter since I know this is a hot-spot location for weddings and didn't want a room near other 'blocks' that had been reserved. I would recommend calling and talking to someone to reserve a room to get what you want. There were actually 3 weddings held there on Saturday - so I am glad we stayed on Friday night and not on the actual wedding night. There were many wedding guests around and wedding-dinners at the on-site restaurants, but these did not interfere with our stay at all.

We hiked, paddle-boated and planed disc golf before cooling off at the pool. The activities were easily accessible and kid friendly and you can use these prior to check-in time for the hotel room by just stopping at the Front Desk. If your room is ready, they will let you check in early. The pool was nice and offers restaurant service and specific times. We had a nice dinner on Friday night (all great meals) at The Grille, and breakfast and lunch at the Trailside Cafe on Saturday.

I enjoyed a Swedish Massage at The Spa which is also very nice. Make reservations for spa/salon services because they book up fast... especially with wedding parties. My husband used the Fitness Center which was also small, but nice. Nice bath products (Philosophy) are provided in the bathrooms.

We had a fun and relaxing summer stay at Bear Creek with no complaints and will likely return since it's only a 40 minute drive from home.

Room Tip: Request a room away from any "Blocks" reserved for weddings or other parties. Mountain side and higher floors are preferred.
  • Stayed: July 2014, traveled with family
2  Thank paaimee
BearCreekRep, General Manager at Bear Creek Mountain Resort, responded to this reviewResponded July 17, 2014

Thank you so much for writing such a comprehensive review. I am thrilled that you were able to enjoy many of the activities we offer our guests and have provided excellent tips for future visitors.
I hope you can join us again soon. If you need anything in the future please do not hesitate to contact me directly.

Reviewed July 8, 2014 via mobile

We stayed for a night after my husband company Christmas party. The rooms were beautiful and the pools were amazing! People were swimming and it was freezing outside . The view is exception and staff was friendly ! I would definitely recommend a winter stay here!! Awesome place!

• Stayed: December 2013

Thank you for taking the time to review your stay. The winter months are definitely a wonderful time to enjoy our resort. I hope you are able to return again in the near future. If you need any assistance please feel free to reach out to me directly.

Reviewed June 10, 2014

From the "first look" upon entering the property till leaving our experience was nothing but first class. We came from Saint Augustine Florida via Philly where we visited friends and headed north to the Poconos. The grounds are meticulously groomed...the entire resort is immaculate. Everything is maintained and perfect. We travel often for business and pleasure..and this is one of best managed properties we have stayed at. The room was well appointed- we had a two queen bed suite...they offer Philosophy products for sundries..and the room was SPOTLESS. Very impressed! The Staff are very well trained and polite and accommodating. We had numerous meals being wedding guests from buffets to sit down dinners and everything was delicious hot and fresh. Rich and Amy were two of the delightful hosts at the wedding reception...the helped to make our wonderful experience very memorable. You won't be disappointed! Would love to come back in the winter and do some skiing!

Room Tip: the only drawback was our room was on the end of the second tower fifth floor packing lot facing and there were big electric fans blowing (prob the HVAC) that were kind of noisy...but everything was soo nice it didn't really bother me.
  • Stayed: June 2014, traveled as a couple
BearCreekRep, General Manager at Bear Creek Mountain Resort, responded to this reviewResponded June 14, 2014

Beth,
Thank you so much for sharing your experience. I am thrilled to hear you had such a wonderful time and hope you are able to return for some skiing this winter.
If I can be of assistance, please do not hesitate to reach out.

Reviewed May 19, 2014

Our family traveled from Massachusetts to attend our Nieces wedding. We weren't sure what we would find at the end of our journey and have to say that we were pleasantly surprised! The venue is beautiful. Rooms are spacious and more than adequate. We had two queen beds, TV, small fridge and large bathroom. There are other accommodations with kitchens (our Son and family had such a room). The staff was always friendly and helpful. The wedding and reception took place at the resort. Plan A was a wedding outside, but rain happened and so Plan B was ready. The food was delicious and served just how everyone asked for it...and HOT! Servers were constantly checking on all the guests and very attentive to all. There are two heated pools on the property; one inside and one outside. Also, a couple of restaurants on the property that are very good. Its a great place for couples or families. We would love to return another time with friends and hope to do so in the not too distant future. Would recommend highly.

Room Tip: I would recommend a room overlooking the slopes/mountain side on the 6th floor
  • Stayed: May 2014, traveled with family
BearCreekRep, General Manager at Bear Creek Mountain Resort, responded to this reviewResponded May 31, 2014

I am so glad we were able to provide a great stay at the end of your journey. Thank you for taking the time to write such a positive review and I hope you and your family are able to return soon.
Sincere thanks,

Reviewed April 21, 2014

Now, I believe that I've handed a guest card to the hotel front desk, yet I'd like to meticulously ponder aloud upon my personal interpretation of the resort facilities. This is my second visit to the astounding property, as I've visited this property of renown on the November of 2013 as well. The staff (in my personal opinion) is cordial and attentive, and are very understanding, even if one decides to give them the burden of solving one's personal disputes. The hotel guestroom we stayed at was 104, a regular suite, and I found out that it was as carefully appointed as always. The hotel does a stupendous job in carefully preparing the food properly; whether at the Grille or the Trail's end cafe, food is always delectable at Bear Creek. The abundant amount of land given was always a plus, as I could indulge in hiking activities there, or even give myself a quick, strenuous work-out. Everything in the middle was above my usual standard, even the other hotel guests. Thank you very much for verifying this review, and thank you for letting me indulge in Bear Creek. my email is "ealirischmann@gmail.com", so if you ever need to write to me, my g-mail is always open.

• Stayed: April 2014, traveled with family
1  Thank Ethan L
BearCreekRep, General Manager at Bear Creek Mountain Resort, responded to this reviewResponded May 8, 2014

Ethan,
Thanks so much for the glowing, almost poetic review. I am so happy we inspired you to write such wonderful things about your visit to Bear Creek. I hope you get a chance to visit again soon and have an equally wonderful visit.
Sincere Thanks,