“Perfect mini vacation”

Bear Creek Mountain Resort
Ranked #1 of 1 Hotels in Macungie
Reviewed March 26, 2014

I typically hated skiing and cold weather but gave it another shot.....The convenience of rentals and location of the hotel (in proximity to the hills/ski lift) made life much easier than any other mountain we've been to. The staff is very friendly. Food is delicious. Rooms are clean and mountain view literally puts you on the mountain with a GREAT view. Outdoor jacuzzi was icing on the cake after a day on the slopes with yet another beautiful view. Very cozy atmosphere throughout. Tubing was limited to 4 lanes and allows belly riding only with no double or family options. We had a blast and already booked again for next year!

• Stayed: February 2014, traveled as a couple
BearCreekRep, General Manager at Bear Creek Mountain Resort, responded to this reviewResponded April 5, 2014

I am glad to hear we were able to rekindle your enjoyment of skiing!
We are looking forward to seeing you again next year.

Reviewed March 13, 2014

Traveling on business with KNOLL and Bear Creek is their preferred location when in the area. While Bear Creek is a resort location, the hotel staff went out of their way to make this business traveler comfortable and welcomed. While there was often noise in the hallway, it was really not excessive and after all, spring break is starting for schools. The facilities are lovely and who can resist their large fire place and area seating in the lobby that has a very nice view of the lifts? It would have been really great had they been able to feature Knoll products in the lobby but that might happen soon.

Room Tip: Perhaps a room at the end of the hall away from the elevators might solve any noise issues.
  • Stayed: March 2014, traveled on business
BearCreekRep, General Manager at Bear Creek Mountain Resort, responded to this reviewResponded March 15, 2014

I am so glad you enjoyed your stay and we definitely appreciate the guests from Knoll. For those guests coming to the area and looking for a short diversion I would definitely recommend the Knoll Museum tour. It is a fun way to spend a few hours.
We have had great luck with the Knoll furniture we have in the offices and boardrooms and will definitely consider more throughout the resort as time comes to replace the furnishings.
Thanks again,

Reviewed March 11, 2014

I'm not a skier. I went with my wife and son for the good of the family. Was I surprised! Excellent food, great amenities, immaculate resort. My wife skied, my son snowboarded. Great conditions. Staff was friendly. Special shot out to Josh who cooked at Trails End. The food was fresh and delicious. We has a blast! We will definitely return. Well done!

Stayed: March 2014, traveled with family

I am glad you and your family were pleased with your stay. I will definitely pass along your thanks to Josh.
Thanks again,

Reviewed March 8, 2014 via mobile

My fiance and I planned this trip 2 months ago and chose a specific king room deluxe and was excited to get away from our 7 day a week jobs to relax and enjoy time together. The room wasnt the room we booked, it was dirty and the headboard was broken.. The noise between the rooms was sooo loud we couldnt even sleep.. We spoke to the one manager Rebecca and she said to deal with and stay or we could pack and leave. She never apologized nor did she come to the room to see the dirt everywhere.. We will never be going to this resort again.

Stayed: March 2014, traveled as a couple
6  Thank Andy K

I truly apologize for the issues you experienced during your stay. I have spoken with the team members you interacted with while on site and understand there was confusion with the room type that was booked and your expectations regarding amenities and features in those room types. We strive to correct any issue guests encounter immediately and to the satisfaction of the guest. Unfortunately during your stay we only had one other room available to offer you and when that did not meet with your satisfaction you were offered compensation for your inconvenience. I am sorry our solutions did not meet with your satisfaction. I would be happy to discuss this further with you at your convenience.

Reviewed March 4, 2014

My family and I just returned from our first visit to Bear Creek Mountain Resort. We plan on returning next year, once a month, Jan- Feb- March. We are a family of five, mostly intermediate and advanced beginner skiers. The resort was smaller than I expected, it was clean, friendly and affordable. The girls had a great time in the Kodiak kids program which was also affordable. The ratio of instructor to kids was small. 1:4. The rentals were nice. We did not experience crowds or long lines often associated with Pocono skiing. The mountain was well maintained. The food at the ski lodge was what you would expect in a ski lodge, but the other restaurants were very good. Service was excellent. I highly recommend it.

Room Tip: We stayed on the 4th floor, non slope side since that was all that was available when I booked. I h...
  • Stayed: February 2014, traveled with family
BearCreekRep, General Manager at Bear Creek Mountain Resort, responded to this reviewResponded March 10, 2014

Thank you for brining your family to Bear Creek for your ski getaway. I am happy to hear you enjoyed your visit and hope we see you again soon.

Reviewed March 3, 2014

We really enjoyed a weekend here. Fun skiing, plus a gym and spa for those who don't ski. The Trailways and Grille restaurants had very good food, and the rooms were nice. The rooms with slope-side views are nice, but beware that you might hear a lot of trail-smoothing machinery in the middle of the night. The staff throughout the hotel was excellent. Would visit again.

Room Tip: Slope-side has best view but can be noisy at night if they are smoothing out the trails. First floor...
  • Stayed: February 2014, traveled with family

Thank you for taking the time to write such a kind review. I hope you and your family are able to return again in the future. We look forward to hosting you again soon.

Reviewed February 15, 2014

This is our 3rd yr. in a row visiting as a family of 6. We stayed in a slope side suite that sleeps 4 in the main bedroom and then 2 on a sofa bed. My kids are now getting older so we asked for a roll away for the living room to accommodate 2 older boys so as to not share a bed. The staff was great helping with all questions. The room was clean and large enough. We actually for the first time ate in the nicer sit down restaurant adjacent to the main lodge public area. Great food. Great staff. The conditions were as good as they could be on the hill. The lift operators were just as friendly as the front desk staff. My wife lost her drivers license on property. It was found and they actually mailed it to use before we even had to ask. I would without doubt recommend this property again. I can't wait till next year.

Room Tip: Slope side rooms always give a great view of the hill. I actually like them when they are blowing s...
  • Stayed: February 2014, traveled with family
BearCreekRep, General Manager at Bear Creek Mountain Resort, responded to this reviewResponded February 28, 2014

Thank you for your continued loyalty. I am so glad we were able to locate your drivers license and return it quickly! We look forward to seeing you again next year!
Mark Schroetel

Also consider these accommodations in or near Macungie
Glasbern Inn - Fogelsville / Allentown
Historic Hotel Bethlehem
Historic Hotel Bethlehem
#1 of 15 in Bethlehem
Renaissance Allentown Hotel

Been to Bear Creek Mountain Resort? Share your experiences!