“Can't wait to go back!!”

Bear Creek Mountain Resort
Ranked #1 of 1 Hotels in Macungie
“Can't wait to go back!!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 25, 2013 via mobile

On a whim, we planned a 2 day trip to the first place that came up when we googled "PA resort". The google gods were on our side! This place is breathtaking! The stone work, the grounds, decor, accommodations,food etc was all phenomenal. Only lack luster part is the "lake" or water sports. It's a small man made lake. Nothing great. However, there is so much to do... Who cares!! We hiked the 5.5 mi trail up the mountain, dined at the grille, outdoor music, slept great, comfy beds, clean shower, then laid by the pool! What more could u ask for in a 2 day vaca?!

• Stayed June 2013
BearCreekRep, General Manager at Bear Creek Mountain Resort, responded to this review, July 1, 2013
I am glad you found our resort and were so pleasantly surprised by your stay. Please come back and visit us again. If there is anything I can do to enhance your next getaway please let me know.
Mark Schroetel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (126)
Binghamton, New York
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 5, 2013

We stay at this ski resort every year late in August for a local street rod show. (Enough of our fellow hot rodders join us that it's like a mini-car show in the parking lot each evening when we return from the show in the evening) While I've never gotten to enjoy the outdoor hot tub in the snow, it must be a blast! Don't worry, there's an indoor one too.

By far, this is the most lux hotel I've stayed in. It is also the most expensive, but sometimes you get what you pay for. The staff is top notch from check in to maintenance. My only complaint... they don't have anything for a complimentary breakfast (other than coffee), There is a very nice restaurant on premises, so they want you to dine there. The spa looks amazing, but I always forget to book ahead of time and they are full by the time I remember.

The best part about this resort is that there are many gathering areas scattered throughout. From intimate, living room-like arrangements tucked into unexpected corners to their expansive main foyer... the resort was designed to encourage gathering with friends and lounging.

If I ever had the opportunity to get married again, I would hold the ceremony and reception here. I've watched three of them from a respectful distance, and everything looks amazing. The reception area is far enough from the rooms that no noise will reach those who want to get to bed early.

If you ever find yourself needing to spend a night near Macungie, PA... this one is definitely worth the price tag.

Room Tip: The ground level rooms have sliding glass doors that open onto the common area in the middle of the...
  • Stayed August 2012, traveled with family
1 Thank Chasesmom07
Bear_Creek_MR, General Manager at Bear Creek Mountain Resort, responded to this review, June 6, 2013
I am glad you have been enjoying the resort while attending the local car shows and our team really enjoys seeing all the gorgeous cars you bring to the property.
We hope to see you again soon.
Middletown, PA
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 2, 2013

I love when I'm staying at a place where I can park the car and not use it the whole trip because everything I need is there and this was no exception. This was a spa getaway for me, and I'm glad BCMR is so close to home because I will definitely go back. I had a massage, facial and hair cut, all of which I would do again. There were plenty of options during the in between times including the steam room and the outdoor pool and hot tub. The glass of their Merlot was a nice bonus and so tasty that I bought a bottle. There was ample seating if you just wanted to stay put and read, and extra wide lounge chairs outside. The design only allows for shorter, but cozy, chairs inside. That's not to say it was cramped - not at all. The locker rooms were spacious too.

The hotel was beautiful wood and stone everywhere. Check-in and -out was painless. The noise level here was much less than at a regular hotel chain. I had a room next to the elevators, but I never heard any commotion and didn't hear neighboring room doors slamming shut as people came and went. I LOVE that BCMR has a noise policy that will result in what I'd call a fine if not followed. Anyone who's ever stayed in a room underneath one where the parents went out all night leaving the little ones to run and jump all over the place can appreciate this policy. I wish it would become standard everywhere.

There's plenty of walking to do getting around the resort, so walkers like me will love it. I ate at the Grille and Trail's End Cafe, and both had good food and service. There is an abundance of choices on both menus, so you could keep going back and not get the same meals.

The grounds are beautiful with ponds, birds, ducks, rabbits and mountainside, a photographer's and walker's delight. There are pathways around the ponds and disc golf areas, and hiking trails that you'll want to take old shoes or hiking boots for because some spots are unavoidably muddy.

With this review, I noticed that I almost always give high marks. It pays to do the Trip Advisor homework before traveling!

Room Tip: Room 321 was quick access by stairs or elevator to the Spa, Trail's End Cafe, and car loading/un...
  • Stayed May 2013, traveled solo
Brenda,
Thank you so much for the kind review. I am thrilled you enjoyed the stay and all the activities available on the property. I hope we can host you again soon.
York, Pennsylvania
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 20, 2013

Excellent choice for a pleasant stay in the Pennsylvania mountains. Lots of variety for food, fun, spa and sports. When travelling on business, I always consider a well equipped fitness center and I was pleasantly surprised with a large selection of resistance machines and free weights. The staff members I encountered throughout the facility always greeted me with a smile and a kind word. I've stayed in resorts all over the country and this rates as one of my favorites!

• Stayed May 2013, traveled on business
Bear_Creek_MR, General Manager at Bear Creek Mountain Resort, responded to this review, May 28, 2013
Paul,
Thank you so much for visiting Bear Creek and the kind review. I am thrilled you enjoyed your stay and we hope to host you again soon.
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 8, 2013

Bear Creek is a great resort in a beautiful setting. We just had a Girls' Weekend and from check in in Friday until we checked out on Sunday we had a blast. Do NOT miss a visit to the spa - fabulous massage in a lovely peaceful setting. The staff is amazing. Everyone was friendly and helpful. Truly a getaway to remember!!

• Stayed May 2013
Bethlehem, Pennsylvania
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 8, 2013

Thankfully, my wife and I live close to this gem. I recommend this to anyone!
Great couples package and lots of activities.

Everything in the resort was spot on. We hung out at the pool all day, went for a hike, hit the bar, watched a movie, used the hot tub, went to all the restaurants..... Had a blast!

Room Tip: Ask if room service is available. We tried calling room service. They said room service was not av...
  • Stayed May 2013, traveled as a couple
Easton, Pennsylvania
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 3, 2013

Fantastic everything! This is a wonderful Resort nestled in beautiful Lehigh valley. I would give it 5 stars. The staff is unbelievably accomodating and friendly. The resort itself is beautiful!
The wedding we attended was beautiful, delicious food and lovely views.
The spa is also 5 star.

Room Tip: KIng Suites are so lovely and spacious. Worth the upgrade.
Stayed April 2013, traveled with family
Also consider these accommodations in or near Macungie
Glasbern Inn - Fogelsville / Allentown
Homewood Suites by Hilton Allentown-West/Fogelsville
Wingate by Wyndham Allentown
Historic Hotel Bethlehem
Historic Hotel Bethlehem
#1 of 14 in Bethlehem
Renaissance Allentown Hotel
Hawthorn Suites by Wyndham Allentown-Fogelsville

Been to Bear Creek Mountain Resort? Share your experiences!