“Amazing”

Bear Creek Mountain Resort
Ranked #1 of 1 Hotels in Macungie
Reviewed January 26, 2013

First class resort!!! Great for skiing with the family. There is a ski check so you don't have to drag your skiis all over the resort. It was a quick trip from Long Island. My kids loved the outdoor pool. The snow tubing was fun. We had a suite and there was plenty of room for all the gear. I usually don't pack light. We are planning our next trip back.

Room Tip: Spend a little more and book the suite. Its well worth it. We always have so much stuff for skiing...

Reviewed January 24, 2013

I absolutely love the resort at Bear Creek. The rooms are immaculate. The food in the reseraunts is good. The pools and outdoor hot tubs are clean and well maintained. My family and I have gone every year since they opened and will continue to do so.

Room Tip: All rooms are great but, of course, slope side adds a beautiful view too.
Reviewed January 23, 2013

Although we only live 1 hour from Bear Creek and have come up for day trips for years, I'd never stayed over...I took 5 teenaged boys for the mid-week ski and stay since it was so reasonable and included lift tix...we had 2 adjoining rooms. I can honestly say it was fantastic - from check-in to check-out, people were amazing, common areas in the hotel are warm, comfortable and cozy and somehow kept separate from the ski area as it was quiet, peaceful and felt undiscovered. Its also small and safe enough for the boys to go to the outdoor pool and hot tub and to the cafe to eat on their own...I am already trying to find another time to go back before the season ends - we loved it!! None of us are advanced skiers or boarders, so I can only say that for beginners/intermediate, it was perfect. They had enough man-made snow to give us 2 good days.

Room Tip: they have suites that sleep 6 that connect to a single, which we did. I would ask for a top-floor r...
Reviewed January 23, 2013

My husband booked a weekend away for my sister and me. We are Lehigh Valley locals, but this was my first time away from home post-baby, so he wanted me close by so I wouldn't be nervous. We had a wine pairing dinner which was wonderful and definitely worth the cost. We had a room to stay 2 nights and spa appts for the next morning. Apparently, there was a "church group" staying in the hotel as well that weekend. This "church group" consisted of several dozen 12-17 year old boys, many of which had rooms right next to us. They were running up and down the halls, slamming doors, screaming, and laughing until after 2 in the morning. I called the desk 3 times. They sent someone up each time - it still didn't stop. When we checked in, I was required to sign a waiver indicating that quiet time started at midnight - and that I would be quiet at the risk of being kicked out of the hotel. Why were there different standards for these people? They offered to move me ... in the middle of the night ... to a new room. Why should I have to move? Why not make those obnoxious screaming teens move? They finally went to bed, but were up again for their daily activities at 8. Screaming, laughing, stomping around and slamming doors.

Before our spa appointment, we went down to the front desk to complain again. The hotel manager indicated that she would "take care of it." I walked away thinking - " What the heck does that mean??" We went to the spa around 10 after a delicious yogurt and granola parfait in the restaurant. We had massages, manicures, and pedicures. We were finished around 2 and had lunch.

I returned to the front desk to ask for a more detailed explanation of what "I'll take care of it" meant. The manager told me that the kids were in classes and workshops all day, she spoke to one of the leaders, and that it should not be an issue. From not having slept the night before, we decided to take a nap. Well - wouldn't you know it? The kids were not in class, they were up in their rooms and it sounded like they were jumping from bed to bed. Unbelievable.

I told my sister to pack her things - we were leaving. I went to the front desk AGAIN almost in tears. My husband had surprised me with a nice, relaxing weekend away, and it was ruined. The manager clearly cared more about the money they were getting from a large group of teens, than 2 women trying to have a relaxing weekend. I sleep better at home with a 2 year old than I did at this hotel. The "compensation" was that they did not charge me for the second night - which we didn't stay anyway.

Very disappointing. I would go there to have a meal, but I would never stay at the hotel again. Beware!

• Stayed: June 2012, traveled with friends
3  Thank Melissa B
Reviewed January 23, 2013

Can't wait to go back! We stayed 3 nights. We had a suite with a living room and bedroom and it was extremely clean and comfortable.

The ski lessons for my 7 year old were GREAT. She was on the lift by noon and skiing very well at the end of her first day. Lift lines were almost non existent and they made a good amount of snow when we were there. Get out early to make the best of it before the crowds drive in.

The ski lodge can get extremely noisy and crowded and you have to get there early to get a table but this is typical at any ski resort. I suggest you head to the Trails End Cafe if you want a quiet, casual, relaxing lunch. The cost is no more expensive then the cafeteria in the lodge. Food at the 'Trails End Cafe' was great (DELICIOUS chili) for casual lunch and breakfast. Dinner at the Grille rivals any upscale place we have been to.

The spa is also wonderful, with reasonably priced services and a friendly staff.
We went with our 5 and 7 year old and felt that this was an overall very family friendly resort and look forward to going back.

Room Tip: Avoid the first floor if you want quiet. It is a thorough fare connecting two wings and can be noisy...
  • Stayed: January 2013, traveled with friends
Reviewed January 22, 2013

WOW the Bear Creek Mountain Resort really knows how to make a get-away weekend stressfree. The entire staff from reservations, housekeeping, ski rental, lessons, to resturants and all in between were extremly helpful and always had a smile. The convenience of staying right at the moutain makes the experience so stressfree. They thought of everything...separate rentals for hotel visitors..they even have a special check in place to keep your rental or personal ski equipment in each night or anytime during the day..so nice. It was the perfect place to take my teenagers to learn how to ski. I would highly recommend a visit!!

1  Thank Lois W
Reviewed January 19, 2013

I'll write a more in depth response to Living Social--but this was our first --"outing" and I was not disappointed--we left from 30th street station and drove to the mountain--we got there early enough to grab a bite to eat and head to the mountain an hour later--for snow tubing--I'm 42 and took my husband for his b-day (he is 46)--we both fit in rather well! The snow tubing although bottle necking at the top causing a bit of a problem and the living social people just worried about the blasting music and going down the mountain themselves--ignoring all drunk- behavior-interfering with the rest of the group---they were not that bad---Bear Creek Mountain was very professional about having our tickets and directions to our group and where to go and when--they did a nice job--i want to go back! The adrenaline rush is worth it all ! Scream while going down the mountain!

• Stayed: January 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank irishhadc
Also consider these accommodations in or near Macungie
Glasbern Inn - Fogelsville / Allentown
Homewood Suites by Hilton Allentown-West/Fogelsville
Historic Hotel Bethlehem
Historic Hotel Bethlehem
#1 of 14 in Bethlehem
Holiday Inn Express & Suites Allentown West
Allentown Park Hotel Ascend Collection by Choice Hotels
Renaissance Allentown Hotel

Been to Bear Creek Mountain Resort? Share your experiences!