“Beautiful resort!”

Ranked #1 of 1 Hotels in Macungie
pennsylvania
“Beautiful resort!”
Reviewed January 3, 2013

Stayed in a kitchenette suite with living room and separate bedroom which very comfortably fit my family of 5. Slope side balcony was a must have. Watched the New Year's Eve fireworks right from the balcony which was great. Its a beautiful, clean resort with friendly staff!! Only disappointment was the location of our room ~ it was directly above a ballroom that was having a very loud wedding reception that went on past 1am. Needless to say we had some tired miserable kids the next day. I would definitely inquire about room location and events before booking again. We would have appreciated knowing that info before we booked. I would have given a perfect score if it wasn't for that.

• Stayed January 2013
1 Thank lsgumby

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (130)
Princeton, New Jersey
Reviewed January 3, 2013

Our family spent New Year's Eve at Bear Creek Mountain Resort. Everything was perfect, right down to the fireworks we watched from our chairlift! Fabulous ski instructor's helped refresh the basics with our 9 & 11 year old. We all went on to enjoy the best family skiing experience ever! We are beginner/intermediate skiers, going just once or twice each season. No more Poconos for us - Bear Creek is the absolute best of the best! Room was beautiful & staff was super friendly & helpful in everyway. You won't be disappointed!

• Stayed December 2012, traveled with family
1 Thank Gail L
Allentown, Pennsylvania
Reviewed January 1, 2013

My husband and I stayed here for New Years this year as we celebrated our one year anniversary. The hotel was very understanding with the wether issue we had on our first night arrival, they reset our reservation and I was thrilled that they were that accommodating. We upgraded the first night for a room with a fireplace and it was amazing! The room was clean and quiet with an amazing view of the slopes! Our second room was in the other tower and was very clean as well but it was noisier than I would have liked. I m unsure if it is the building or if the people above us were just herding cattle!

There were two things that I wish I would have known: the slopes may not be open at this time of year, if it was not for the snow fall on Saturday they wold have had no snow or anyone on the slopes - I was bummed to learn snow tubing wouldn't be open for weeks to come, second there is only one sit down restaurant to eat at which you NEED 2 hours for them to figure out how to serve you. The Grille is not up to par especially when you compare it to the actual hotel.

We would stay again but only for the night as a prolonged stay would require a better eating spot! Room service would be a plus if they offered it!

Room Tip: Ask for the highest floor to avoid those wearing snow boots as they are very loud. The hotel does ha...
  • Stayed January 2013, traveled as a couple
1 Thank MrsNeh18
Centreville, Virginia
Reviewed December 31, 2012

I was here in November for a military ball and I must say this was an excellent choice for a venue. Everything was great here, the prices for the suites, the food prepared for the function, the accomadation of the staff for the ball and the view of the mountain from our room. If the organizer chooses this venue again, I'll gladly attend.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled with friends
Geneva, New York
Reviewed December 30, 2012

I stayed here for a wedding a few months ago and found it to be a relaxing stay. The wedding was outside followed by a nice indoor reception. We spent the majority of the reception on one of the terraces enjoying the nice scenic view of the mountain. We spent some time at the lower bar following the reception which was a great time. I would recommend this lodge and would stay here again.

PA
Reviewed November 5, 2012

Let me first confess that I grew up less than 15 miles from this resort and actually learned to ski here when it was first known as Doe Mountain. Normally while in the area we stay with family, but we had the occasion recently to stay here for a night. My...how things have changed! The resort is beautiful, well-designed, and cared for. Despite the 2 weddings, and class reunion that were taking place, and the confusion that arose when it was discovered that my online reservation must not have gone through, the registration staff handled our situation gracefully and were able to accommodate us as originally planned with 2 queen rooms. The decor is rustic with a touch of modern industrial...and the rooms were nicely outfitted. We have stayed at many ski resorts through the northeast, Colorado, and Utah, and as my son said..."this is better than any we've ever stayed at!" Unfortunately, we didn't get to take full advantage of the amenities this time, but I think we'll definitely be back for a ski weekend this winter. Although the mountain itself is small in comparison, I think it would still be a fun time because of the resort, it's bars/restaurants, and other amenities. My only complaint is that it is a bit pricey given the location. But if this resort were slopeside at any major ski area it would be well worth it!

2 Thank peachy7
Charlottesville, Virginia
Reviewed October 14, 2012

Went to Bear Creek Mtn. Resort for my nephew's wedding. The facilities were clean and comfortable with a friendly, helpful staff. The resort was setup to host several weddings but we never felt intruded upon by the other wedding parties. The wedding site overlooked the ski slope and surrounding Pa. hills making for a lovely setting. The food quality was somewhat "uneven" in that the rehearsal dinner was very good, while the wedding dinner potatoes were under cooked. Overall, the bear Creek Mtn. experience was very good.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled as a couple
Also consider these accommodations in or near Macungie
Glasbern Inn - Fogelsville / Allentown
Wingate by Wyndham Allentown
Historic Hotel Bethlehem
Historic Hotel Bethlehem
#1 of 14 in Bethlehem

Been to Bear Creek Mountain Resort? Share your experiences!