“Very disappointing”

Cuisines: Italian
Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
Reviewed June 24, 2018

I really don't like writing such a negative review but honestly this establishment earned it. To begin I ordered steamed clams which were described on the menu as "steamed to perfection" Actually they were dry and tough and a few were charred! The shells were blackened and they had a burnt taste. When I made the waitress aware she reacted as if I didnt know what I was talking about and said "some shells are just that color" and asked if I had tasted them. I said yes I had and they definitly had a burnt taste. I have eaten countless orders of clams over the years and this was a first. There was also one unopened one in the bunch. That's ok for a picnic but not for a better restaurant. I would mention here that throughout the entire meal our waitress had a somewhat demeaning and rude attitude. Moving on to my entree which was was stuffed flounder which may rate as the worst dinner I was ever served. It consisted of ninety percent watery mush on top of a filet that was hard to find. Paper thin, completely dried out and bad tasting. I managed a few bites. Both the baked potato and asparagus were undercooked. My husband got chicken parmesan. I tasted the sauce which I wouldn't say was bad, people have such differences in their sauce preferences but I didn't care for it. My husband thought it was OK but did say the chicken was good. I don't usually order desert but since I really didn't eat my meal I went with the special pineapple cheesecake. How could that be bad? It was. The coffee I must say was good. One last note of mention the entrance way foyer had a very strong and off putting antiseptic smell. As the title states, very disappointing.

Date of visit: June 2018

Reviewed June 3, 2018

We eat here every time we visit family in the area. This time, with new owners, it was a bit off. Maybe they need to settle in, but I was disappointed for the first time. This place is hidden and usually is an unexpected treat. Time will tell if they can keep the level of quality up to the many years this restaurant has been serving food. Our waitress could not remember anything so maybe that colored our opinion.

Date of visit: May 2018
Reviewed April 9, 2018

Fresh, delicious food every time. If relatives come to town, this is where we take them. Italian cuisine, extensive menu with something for everyone.

Date of visit: November 2017
Reviewed February 4, 2018 via mobile

Took my first date out to dinner there 48 years ago! Not much changed, family run restaurant with quality meals, excellent service and a loyal following of patrons. Nice to see this place stand the test of time.

Date of visit: September 2017
Reviewed December 20, 2017

Great atmosphere, very friendly staff. The menu has so much variety, it's hard to choose. We go to Perugino's frequently and have never been disappointed.

Date of visit: October 2017