“What a wonderful down home find”
Review of Perugino Andy

Perugino Andy
Ranked #4 of 20 Restaurants in Luzerne
Cuisines: Italian
Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
New York
“What a wonderful down home find”
Reviewed November 8, 2011

Great value, delicious food, wonderful family service

• Visited October 2011

“Good homemade Italian!”
Reviewed September 16, 2011

My son just loved the lasagne. He said it was the best he ever had. My Pasta-a-la-Andy was excellent as a side to my delicious chicken piccata. The fetticini alfredo came in such a large portion we had to take more than half home!

• Visited September 2011
1 Thank momdisney
Poconos, PA
“Thanks for the Memories - But I'll pass on future meals”
Reviewed February 20, 2011

I've been going to Andy Perugino's since childhood.

The decor hasn't changed, much of the staff hasn't, but the food has been badly cheapened and gone way downhill.

The last few meals were just faint reflections of the memorable dishes that Andy served.

The final meal was an inedible lasagna with almost no noodle, a wave of a meat sauce ladle over the pan without stopping, and even a stray piece of Italian sausage. Think watery cheese casserole.

I'll keep my memories, and not destroy those happy days by going back again.

This review just makes me sad.

• Visited February 2011
2 Thank Bookman54
derwood, md
“Really Liked this Restaurant!”
Reviewed November 27, 2010

This restaurant has been around for at least 50 years (my spouse grew up within eyesight of this establishment) and at one time was one of the best Italian restaurants in the Wilkes-Barre Scranton area. It's not as popular now as it once was but still has its loyal following. We ate here recently for lunch and were surprised at the reasonably low prices and decent portion sizings they give you for lunch. My spouse had the "Chicken a la Andy" which was described as one of their signature dishes and was excellent, and I had the "Fettucine a la Andy" which was also very good. The service was excellent and I look forward to my next visit to this very enjoyable restaurant.

Harding
“A perfect restaurant for a GERIATRIC crowd”
Reviewed October 30, 2010

This restaurant has been around for over 30++ years so I was familiar with it from my childhood years. The staff was friendly & professional. The food came fast and the portions were generous. As I looked around, the restaurant only had a small handful of patrons that night. There were plenty of empty seats and the ones that were occupied were definitely older generation patrons. (The dead give-away was several patrons had canes hanging off the backs of their chairs). It was clear that the majority of the patrons were "regulars". The feel of the restaurant was clearly casual, so I was surprised to see so many of the "older crowd" dressed in their "Sunday Best". It's a clear indication that this restaurnt was most likely the "Go-To" place back in their day. HOWEVER, as a first-time patron I can assure you that suits & ties are not necessary because this restaurant was by no means "upscale" or a "fine dining experience". The restaurant itself was clean and had a welcoming feel. The restaurant was in need of "updating". (The decorations throughout was dated and had been there for many years). The food was average and they offered a variety of standard Italian fare. Unfortunately, it did not stand apart from other Italian establishments that would make me want to return again. Once again, I could see a pattern of "old school" here. The owners have been doing things the same way and using the same recipes since the day the opened their doors. And that's most likely the reason why their crowd is "older generation". It's obvious that their regulars are comfortable with the menu. However, by not deviating from their "tried and true" ways I would imagine that this restaurant will be in danger of losing potential new customers once their "regulars" begin to diminish. The time is NOW to revitalize this restaurant that certainly has the potential to appeal to a more diverse patron.

3 Thank NancyAllan