“Great Food”

Chuck's Main St. Diner
Ranked #1 of 20 Restaurants in Luzerne
Cuisines: American
Reviewed December 5, 2017

The best mushroom soup anywhere, great breakfast and lunch. There breakfast is as good as anywhere and terrific lunch. Great service, good coffee and fair pricing

Reviewed September 6, 2017

We've heard people mention Chuck's recently so we went over and had breakfast last Sunday. It was packed when we got there with a short wait for a table and it was just as busy when we left. Busy is usually a good sign. When you walk in there is a sign that says "wait to be seated" but the blonde hostess doesn't take names and doesn't do a very good job keeping track of who's next so it's a bit of a free for all. An older couple came in the back door while we were in line and took a seat at the front of the line and then played dumb and tried to take the next table. They saw the line of people and knew what they were doing. Those of us in line pointed it out and the hostess seemed to side with the older couple and gave us in line a jab. When she seated us she jabbed at me again but said the old couple dose it all the time..?!?! Then why go along with it...?!?! I was offended enough by the hostess at this point that I thought I would never return. Turns out the service was great, the food was great and the prices were reasonable so I'm looking forward to going back. In fact if the hostess wasn't there this would have been a five star visit. My wife's eggs were done perfectly and she really liked the home fries. My french toast was terrific. The corned beef hash wasn't bad but not the best around. The coffee was fresh and hot. They have tables and a counter. They are only open for breakfast and lunch. There is street parking in front and people were parking in the lot across the street on the Sunday we were there.

Reviewed August 5, 2017 via mobile

Stopped here for breakfast before hiking Ricketts Glen. I had an omelette with bacon, cheddar cheese. It was very good. My wife had the ham and cheese omelette and liked it. Kevin liked his stake and cheese omelette. Erin was not excited about her French toast covered with fruit. The toast was deep fried and she did not like at all the canned fruit in heavy gooey syrup covering the toast. The expectation was fresh fruit. Our waitress was very good. The place had a very Diner feeling which is what we look for.

Reviewed March 17, 2017

Simply put, totally honest, anyone, if not a fan after you're 1st visit, the problem is you. Chuck's food, service, & price is 2nd to none.

Reviewed February 13, 2017

They have the best smal town breakfast their French toast with Strawberries and blueberries with whip cream for a topping any time you will not leave here hungry..