“A wonderful place to spend a celebratory weekend.”
Review of Black Bass Hotel

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Lumberville
Black Bass Hotel
Ranked #2 of 2 Lumberville B&B and Inns
Reviewed March 25, 2013

This past weekend was my girlfriend Abbee's birthday and we decided to spend a night a way from the normalcy of our daily lives, the Black Bass was the perfect place. The staff is superlative in is expeditious execution of every request we made of them. Our room was absolutely beautiful and a wonderfully romantic place to spend a birthday night. The package I purchased included dinner and brunch as well, bot of which were superlative (especially the lobster risotto for dinner & the French toast at brunch). The views of the Delaware river & Bull's Island State Park across the way are beautiful and very peaceful.

One stand out employee who was invaluable in his assistance and accommodation of our requests was Rick Smyth (Operations Manager), he made sure our stay and requests were all taken care of without question.

We both are looking forward to going back on our next special occasion.

Room Tip: All of the rooms are different and each beautiful in there own way, I would strongly advise one to s...
  • Stayed: March 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Peter M

Reviewed March 1, 2013

We planned a special brunch event that we do yearly with our good friends. The renovations that were done to the hotel were beautiful. The food was a terrible disappointment. The huevo rancheros was so hot it was inedible. The rest of the selections were also sub par. We have had better diner food at half the cost. Expected so much more.

Stayed: January 2013, traveled with friends
2  Thank Brenda N
Reviewed January 28, 2013

This was my second time staying at the Black Bass with my wife; however this time we came with friends rather than family.

Checking in was a little unnerving as they had our reservation for the wrong night even though our confirmation e-mail reflected the day we showed up. It was certainly no problem for Billy (the hotel manager) who immediately remedied the situation and covered our first round at the bar.

The Tavern was very nice and laid back. The bartenders were friendly and never stingy with pours. The hotel is a beautiful building that reminded me of my parents old home.

Our room was excellent; perfect for 2 couples with an upstairs and downstairs as well as two bathrooms. Everything was incredibly clean too which made everyone feel at home. The mattress and pillows were super comfortable; I slept like a baby.

Dinner was delicious and even though it was crowded, we didn't feel like we were forgotten. Unfortunately we ate late so we couldn't see much out the windows, but our breakfast the next day made up for it.... beautiful views!

The lantern room is nice and warm but appeared to be more of a secondary kitchen for the busy dinner crowd than a lounge.

Back up to the room at the end of the night we had an issue with the air mattress and once again Billy came to the rescue. We put Billy to work during our stay and he was always extremely friendly and helpful from correcting our reservation, fixing our air matress or taking a 2am call for a 9am wake-up call.

While the whole staff at the Black Bass is wonderful, Billy really keeps the hotel together and we all hope to return and see him again soon. Thanks Billy for all your hard work; you are a great asset to the Black Bass.

Room Tip: All rooms I have stayed in so far are perfect. Just keep in mind only one side has views of the dela...
  • Stayed: January 2013, traveled with friends
Reviewed January 23, 2013 via mobile

This place is awesome. The room the staff the restaurant. The patio the view the bar. StAY in the Suite Lorraine. Worth the money breakfast was get. This is one of my favorite place as of now. Stay there you will enjoy. My wife and I had love it

• Stayed: January 2013
Reviewed January 19, 2013

My husband and finally decided where we would go for our annual "take off a Friday before Christmas and go somewhere nice for lunch" day. We chose Black Bass Hotel and were happy that we did. We arrived mid-afternoon - after the major lunch crowd - so we were not hurried. Had a table by the window overlooking the water. The atmosphere was charming and for the money, the food was a great value. We both had a glass of wine and ordered their special crab dish - it came with veggies and rice - and homemade biscuits (which arrived as we were almost finished our lunch). My husband had soup and we both ordered dessert. Our lunch bill with tip came to a little over $100. I know we would have spent much more than that if we'd had dinner there, so lunch is the way to take advantage of the good food and atmosphere and not break the bank.

• Stayed: December 2012, traveled as a couple
Reviewed January 1, 2013

We had New Year's Eve dinner here last night. The Hotel and restaurant is just lovely situated right on the Delaware River. The ambience is wonderful and it was quiet and relaxing which is different for us for New Year's Eve. I did not know that it was going to be prix fixed until that day. The menu was great and the food was very good. I would go back perhaps not for New Years since it was expensive ($95 per person). Go and experience this lovely restaurant it is worth it.

• Stayed: January 2013, traveled as a couple
Reviewed January 1, 2013

My husband and I stayed at the BBH 26 years ago on New Years Eve. We moved into the area 8 years ago and have enjoyed eating at the restaurant ever since. We took our elderly parents for lunch on New Years for the FIRST TIME and it was a special treat for them. The ambiance, the food, the spirit of the restaurant is one that we are excited to share with our families in the next 26 + years. Thank YOU Thompson family for keeping the BBH LEGACY alive! You have made a difference for us in how we celebrate special family occasions.

• Stayed: December 2012, traveled with family
Also consider these accommodations in or near Lumberville
Golden Plough Inn at Peddler's Village
#1 of 2 in Lumberville
Porches on the Towpath
Porches on the Towpath
#3 of 19 in New Hope

Been to Black Bass Hotel? Share your experiences!