“Great experience”

23 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 43 helpful votes
“Great experience”
Reviewed July 17, 2013

I have seen the reviews of not being able to leave at end of race...I didn't really have that problem but I also didn't join the mad rush to leave the second the race ended either. The local police department did a fine job of closing the road and directing traffic out of the race way. The parking was free (so nice) and has anyone mentioned the bathrooms? The bathrooms in the racetrack were numerous (1,000, check out their website) never a line (not even for women) and the bathroom was always clean thanks to the attendant stationed in each bathroom. The section I sat in not only could you see the whole track, the seats had backs (awesome). All the staff that I encountered were helpful and very friendly. It was so hot and during qualifying I was hot and tired so just sat down behind Team Penske's pit and one of the Raceway staff brought me a bucket to sit on so my behind wouldn't get hot. Each time some one walked by me they would engage in small talk, it was a nice experience overall.

1 Thank Heather L

Richardson, Texas
37 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 151 helpful votes
“Indy-Racing”
Reviewed July 10, 2013

Parking is free. The infield is also available. Seating is inexpensive and the pit passes are very reasonable. The people were wonderful. The best food (in my opinion) is in the infield at what is called "FOOD" on the door, but referred to as the Cafeteria by others. It has a cool seated area with TV screens of what is going on at the track. It is a great venue with great people. Exitting the race was a nightmare! Next time I will bring extra food and drinks and hang out longer than the two hours we waited before leaving. I also do not care for the attendants in the bathrooms. It just seems weird.

1 Thank Karen B
Cedar Grove, New Jersey
16 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 12 helpful votes
“Impossible to leave!”
Reviewed July 9, 2013

I was at the Pocono Raceway last Sunday because of Indycar. Since 1989 the series didn't race there so it was a great opportunity to watch the race being back at Pocono.
Getting there was easy. The parking is free. The circuit has enough and clean restrooms. Make sure when buying your ticket at the Terrace Levels (Club or Bistro) otherwise you will be toasting under the sun.
The race itself was very good! My only concern is when you need to leave the facility! What a nightmare! It took me almost two hours just to exit the circuit! There's no signs indicating the way and you don't find anyone to give informations or trying to control the situation.
I'll think twice before buying my ticket next year, which is a shame. I rather go to Baltimore where I had a great time for Indycar's race there last year!

Falls Church, Virginia
16 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 16 helpful votes
“Indy Car back at Pocono”
Reviewed July 8, 2013

The first time at this track since 1989. Great racing, great fans,and great track personnel. Easy to get in and out. Free parking. Only drawback is seats are only on the front straight. Sit on the North end to see the cars come out of turn three. I'll be back every year!

New York City, New York
40 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 101 helpful votes
“Great Motorcycle Experience at this facility with one of its Providers Absolute Cycle Experience”
Reviewed June 22, 2013

Awesome, what an experience. After watching NASCAR here for years, I actually got to ride on the Track with my motorcycle. First time here, Awesome schools and event provided by Absolute Cycle Experience, which was a professional top notch School and Experience! Will def do again!!!!

Visited May 2013