“Just out of Fairytale !”

The Village at Pocono
Ranked #1 of 1 Hotels in Long Pond
Reviewed June 12, 2013

I went there in February 2013 when it was snowing.

The whole driveway and the villas and lobby was white.

It was ethereal and just out of fairytale book. The whole ambience was beautiful.

Its a 30 mins drive from Camelback but its totally worth it.

The villas are huge with nice kitchen and other amenities to cook your own food.

Its a totally wow place.

its maybe because of the snow, but this was one of the most romantic places I have been to.

• Stayed: February 2013, traveled as a couple
2  Thank DIMOTRA
There are newer reviews for The Village at Pocono

Reviewed May 27, 2013

I just came back from 3 night at "The Village at Pocono". I can't think of one bad thing to say about this place, and I don't know where to begin with the good.
1. The staff is amazing. So helpful and nice.
2. The rooms are clean, well decorated, super comfortable.
3. The clubhouse is amazing. It has everything you might need, and you can spend whole days in it. We had bad luck with the weather, and got to enjoy the pool, the game rooms and the theater. The simply thought of EVERYTHING.
4. The area is nice, there are a lot of options for visiting nature within a 20-30 minutes drive.

Room Tip: For families - the studio is pretty small even if you are only a couple + a baby (looks exactly like...
  • Stayed: May 2013, traveled with family
1  Thank Mo&Sk
Reviewed May 14, 2013

Excellent rooms. Clean with everything you need. You are next to Pocono International Raceway so stopping back to the room during a quiet time was great. From reservation to checkin things were smooth. The room was more than expected.

• Stayed: May 2013, traveled solo
3  Thank DTA-27
Reviewed May 10, 2013

We were very happy with our stay - a wonderfully relaxing weekend for our family and dog! The rooms were comfortable and clean - and the staff was super friendly. We took full advantage of the amenities offered - checking out the game room, pool, theater, and play ground. Overall, a very pleasant stay.

• Stayed: May 2013, traveled with family
1  Thank GalLuvs2Travel
Reviewed April 24, 2013

I have no complaints about my stay. I am highly disappointed that my credit card information was improperly stored and ultimately compromised. Pay in cash. I would not trust this business with my credit card again.

• Stayed: July 2012, traveled as a couple
14  Thank Gordon S
Reviewed March 11, 2013

My experience began by making a reservation with Marie. She was friendly and informative. Our room/ apartment was a lovely one bedroom apartment, complete with a modern fully furnished kitchen and all the amenities. Friends of our were joining us and Marie was able to movie to them corresponding room, that opended into our apartment. (If your going- spring for the apartment,-the one bedrooms, are nice but there is no sitting room.) The pictures online were accurate and eevn more beautiful in person.
The two bedroom apartment is big enough to house four adults comfortably, with plenty of eating and lounging space. We cooked in the kitchen and was amazed at how functional everything was, pots, pan, measuring cups, wine glasses, you name it!
The club house was amazing, pool table, theater, pool and jacuzzi- we didnt use the pool or the jacuzzi because it was a blustery 15 snowy degrees, and walking back to our apartment- we would have froze. Do not let that deter you, they do have a changing area in the clubhouse, but it was just a bit too chilly that weekend for us. I highly recommend it and it is an unknown treasure!

Room Tip: Spring for the one bedroom apartment, no chair or couch in the one bedroom hotel room.
  • Stayed: February 2013, traveled as a couple
2  Thank Brightskin3
Reviewed February 26, 2013

We were so excited to find a 2 bedroom facility near skiing where we could take our dogs and be comfortable. The place is new..about 4 years old I was told. The rooms were clean and the kitchen nicely stocked. At first all seemed well..then came the evening. After a long day of skiing and a little pool at the clubhouse we headed home for a good night's sleep. What a horrible experience lay waiting for us. At 3:00 in the morning we heard loud music coming from the room next door. ..and then banging. It became louder and louder. Our bed was literally shaking. Then came the moaning..and the voices of a couple making love as if they were in the room with us. IT WAS HORRIBLE. IT WENT ON AND ON. We finally banged on our wall and evidently they were shocked enough to stop. We had a 13 year old in our room with us who of course woke up and asked questions. Our friend in the other bedroom actually heard them as well. I have travelled often and have stayed in many different hotels. I have NEVER experienced such an unpleasant situation. I was traumatized as was my son. Needless to say we didn't sleep all night. This is not a cheap roadside motel. We paid a lot of money for what we thought was a "nice" place. The fact that the walls were so thin we actually heard the next room as if they were with us was EXTREMELY disturbing. I will NEVER stay here again. Please be advised that all though this situation may not occur every visit I would never take that chance again! Unforunately there was no one to complain to and then I thought..well what would I say anyway. It wasn't exactly their fault as they were there to enjoy as well. I'd like to think if they knew we could share their private experience they would have been more cautious...so what to do? I guess I can warn others and hopefully someone who cares about repeat guests will take head. It's a shame..would have been nice..

Room Tip: Don't think there is a good room. Bring ear plugs.
  • Stayed: February 2013, traveled with family
#2 of 7 in Mount Pocono
Lake Harmony Inn
Lake Harmony Inn
#1 of 1 in Lake Harmony

Been to The Village at Pocono? Share your experiences!