“Nice location” 4 of 5 bubbles

Ranked #1 of 2 Hotels in Lock Haven
Lock Haven, Pennsylvania
“Nice location”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 16, 2012

We arrived to an almost fully booked hotel. We were put in a smoking room, the smell was pretty pungent but we were booked to change rooms the following day so it was only a tiny problem.

Our newer room is much bigger and smells fantastic compared to the other one lol.

The staff are GREAT!! Super friendly and very helpful - more hotels need staff like this!

There is a nice big grassy area outside for our son to run around and play on (supervised of course), there are some park benches to sit on under the shade of a huge tree and there is also a very nice gazebo with comfy chairs & BBQ's that guests can use - just don't forget to grab some charcole.

There is a save alot store right across the road and also a CVS. This best western has a really great location and has made life so much easier for me while my husband leaves myself and my son for work.

Try not to leave getting breakfast until it is too late - the ham was kind of dry but it was good none the less.

• Stayed June 2012, traveled on business
    • 5 of 5 bubbles

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (10)
Du Bois, Pennsylvania, United States
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 25, 2012

My wife and I got married around New Years and used this hotel for our out of town guest and we spent our wedding night here. The staff is great, the beds were so soft I wish I could have one at home, they have a very nice breakfast in the morning and even saw that they have little gift bags for their four legged guests. If you are big on guest service and wish to be taken care of this is your place they haven't let me down yet and my wife and I will continue to stay here when we come to visit our family in the area.

• Stayed December 2011, traveled as a couple
Reno, Nevada
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 24, 2012

Have been here for almost a year. The staff has extremely friendly and accomodating. They have met my special needs over and over again in a timely matter. I have enjoyed the new items they have added to the breakfast menu - the sesame seed is my favorite. My new Herman Miller chair is very comfortable and encourages a lot of paper work to be done. My pet enjoyed his stay also - I alway felt safe leaving his at the hotel during the day when I was at work.

Room Tip: Book early to get what you want. Corner suites are quieter.
  • Stayed May 2012, traveled on business
Anchorage, Alaska
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 23, 2012

Our daughter held her wedding in Lock Haven and we booked several rooms for out of town guests. From the first phone call to make reservations to the final check out, all transactions were pleasant and professional. The front desk, room service and breakfast attendant were all help full, courteous and professional. We highly recommend this hotel.

• Stayed May 2012, traveled with friends
Franklin, Tennessee
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 13, 2012

We spent one night here during a long weekend getaway. The hotel is reasonably priced, clean, and modern. The beds were comfortable. Our only negative with the room is that the bathroom is quite small and the only sink is in the room itself. The included breakfast in the morning was hot and had a good variety of choices. There is no pool or gym. There is nothing special about this hotel but you will have a good night's sleep.

• Stayed April 2012, traveled with family
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
1 Thank OutdoorsFamily
Philadelphia, PA
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 27, 2012

The Best Western is a modern, clean and well-maintained building with free WiFi. It's nestled in the heart of scenic Lock Haven, which still has most of the charm of an old rural town. We enjoyed strolling through town, particularly to the riverfront where there is a lovely lighted river walk. There's not a whole lot to do in town for those accustomed to the big city, there is a theater and some shopping. Nestled in North-Central Pennsylvania, you don't need to travel far to get to Little Pine State Park or Tiadaghton which are beautiful mountain parks to hike or drive through.

• Stayed March 2012, traveled with family
2 Thank BrankmarBakardan
Bensalem
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 27, 2012

It has been a couple years since I've stayted at this hotel. I liked it then and was very pleased with my most recent stay. Very clean, very friendly, very comfortable. I travel a lot and I'm very particular. This hotel is extremely close to where I needed to visit but I would drive out of my way to have a good place to stay. So glad I don't have to :-)

• Stayed March 2012, traveled on business
Genetti Hotel - Williamsport
#4 of 14 in Williamsport
#1 of 1 in Milesburg
Fairfield Inn & Suites Williamsport

Been to BEST WESTERN Lock Haven? Share your experiences!