“Poorest service I have ever wittnessed”
2 of 5 bubbles Review of Black Forest Inn

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Lock Haven
Black Forest Inn
Ranked #3 of 6 Lock Haven B&B and Inns
Mill Hall, Pennsylvania
“Poorest service I have ever wittnessed”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 14, 2013

When you enter an eating establishment you are always greeted and seated. NOT at Black Forest Inn restaurant, You are ignored, left to find a table when no Clean or bussed table exists. You do not even get acknowledged that you enter the room except by other guests who stare blankly as if to say we know . We were anxious to try this after seeing Billboards. The staff is less animated than the billboard. If you chose to visit and have a better experience please advise, was not ready to give them a second chance YET. It is OK to have a BAD day; but for all staff to be bad at the same time is outrageous. This was a Great value we did not spend a penny, or should I say waste a cent.

Room Tip: If staff can't wait on you for a meal how well can they clean their rooms? Would not spend the n...
  • Stayed April 2013, traveled as a couple

Business
Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (4)
Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 27, 2013

There is no check in office. The bartenders are the inn hosts and unprofessional at best. I was originally quoted a price of $59/night. Then the girl came back (to my bar seat) and said that the room would be $79.99 plus tax and that the prices had changed since last she worked there. (Seriously?) Actually came out to be $87.15 and they handed me two mini boxes of cereal and a small bottle of milk for that price. I asked if there was WIFI in the rooms because i needed to plan out my fishing trip with weather and stream gauge webpages, The girl said with an unsure tone, "Ya, there should be." My room (#10) was adjacent to the the main bar and kitchen area and I couldn't get WIFI there to save my life. I realize where I was staying in the middle of the mountains but had I known there was no WIFI in the room, I would have driven to Lock Haven and paid around the same for far more. The beds were old and cheap but the room was basically in good condition. The TV is so tiny and so far away from the bed. This is NOT your typical inn. The bar closed at like 9 too. I'll stay elsewhere next time. Way to much money for what you get in return.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled solo
Kingston, Pennsylvania
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 31, 2013 via mobile

My fiancé and I are just returning home from our second stay at the Black Forest Inn. Our first stay you can say was a complete accident. In August 2012 we were out on our motorcycle when we became lost. It was dark and cold. We stumbled upon BFI and decided to take our chances and spend the night. We walked into the bar/restaurant and were greeted by a woman named Kim. Unfortunately there were no vacancies due to a wedding. We told Kim our story about getting lost. Not only did she find room for us to stay but she fed us also! The room was an efficiency. It was beyond beautiful. Not your average hotel room at all!! We were greeted with such kindness and hospitality that we promised to return. So just this weekend (Easter) we decided it was time for a more planned visit, we booked the jacuzzi room. The room was great not that we expected anything less. We were still shown the same great hospitality from all staff including Kim. This place is very quiet and secluded. Perfect for a relaxing vacation away from reality. It is also a very affordable place. There is a restaurant and bar on site. The food is wonderful and the bar has a great atmosphere. It is decked out with dollar bills from all whom have stayed prior. The country store is right next door and a great place to visit. Lots of hiking trails near by also. This place is a gem and I highly recommend giving it a try!

• Stayed March 2013
Millsboro, Delaware
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 24, 2013

This is a great little privately owned motel and Restaurant outside of Lock Haven Pa. in the Mountains. It is a short ride to the Pa. Grand Canyon and some beautiful scenic countryside. I have been going for a few years now every August to a Motorcycle Event and always stay here. Friendly people clean Rooms, not many amenities but good rates and an adjoining restaurant with decent food and prices..

• Stayed August 2012, traveled with friends
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 10, 2012 via mobile

Ate at the restaurant and found a gem in the woods. Food was great, staff was courteous and patrons were friendly. Small town feel in a log cabin community. Discovered that helicopters land on the property from time to time and you can talk with the crews and tour their aircraft. Overall,great place to stop for good food great atmosphere and friendly people.

• Stayed October 2012
Bensalem PA
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 26, 2012

We stayed here a couple years ago, we went back this year and they had updated and added a patio bar and renovated the rooms. The restaurant is really nice and the food was GREAT! This motel is not far from Cherry Springs which is one of the darkest places on the east coast, we went during a meteor shower. Its PERFECT for stargazing! Just go out into the field or behind the shed behind the motel. Bring reclining lawn chairs or blankets

• Stayed August 2012, traveled with family
BEST WESTERN Lock Haven
BEST WESTERN Lock Haven
#1 of 2 in Lock Haven
Fairfield Inn & Suites Lock Haven

Been to Black Forest Inn? Share your experiences!