“Lock Haven's finest !”

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Lock Haven
The Avenue Bed & Breakfast
Ranked #1 of 6 Lock Haven B&B and Inns
Boonton, NJ, USA
“Lock Haven's finest !”
Reviewed October 16, 2012

My wife and I were in Lock Haven to visit our grand-daughter at college. The Avenue B&B was the perfect place to stay. Our room (the River Room) was spacious and very comfortable with all the amenities we could ask for. The common areas (full kitchen and living room) were excellent and it was easy to feel right at home. Our room had a private entrance and adjoining porch, also very nice touches. The owner, Sue, went out of her way to make us feel comfortable, even telling our grand-daughter to call her if she ever needed anything at all. Overall, we were very pleased and will definitely stay here again the next time we are in Lock Haven.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled with family
1 Thank Boontonite

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (5)
Reviewed September 25, 2012

We have stayed here twice and look forward to our next trip to Lock Haven. We will definitely stay at this charming & comfortable B & B. Love, love the inviting atmosphere and accomodating owners.
The lanai is most relaxing and lovely any season. Quite convenient to restaurants, movie theater, LHU, or a beautiful walk along the river, and more.

• Stayed June 2012
Nazareth, Pennsylvania
Reviewed August 30, 2012

My husband and I took our daughter to Lock Haven University and wanted to stay overnight somewhere close to the college so we could conveniently go back & forth between getting her settled in. This was much more then just being convenient, it's a beautiful place. Sue greeted us as soon as we got out of our vehicle and the moment we walked in the door I was impressed with the decor and how clean it was. I did not have to worry about anything. The hospitality was fantastic, the owners could not have been any more friendlier or sincere. I would most certainly recommend this B&B to anyone who is looking for class at a reasonable price. I would not stay anywhere else when we visit our daughter in college.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled as a couple
1 Thank Diane K
Lock Haven, Pennsylvania
Reviewed August 30, 2012

If we knew that all B&B's was as wonderful as the "Avenue" in Lock Haven, I doubt we'd ever stay in another hotel! That can't be the case though as there is only one "Sue Stover" who is the owner of this fantastic place! We stayed here because our daughter needed to start school prior to our closing on a new home in the area. What a blessing it was! The hospitality went completely above and beyond what anyone would expect! It became our home and we felt that! Beautifully set up in every regard. The back covered porch with dining table and lit candle in the evening with a glass of wine in hand over looking the Susquehanna River was our favorite spot! Thank you! What a great place and I would recommend this hands down for anyone looking to stay in this area!

• Stayed August 2012, traveled with family
1 Thank Carol C
Georgetown On
Reviewed June 18, 2012

Three of us stayed here for three nights while exploring PA on motorcycles. We could not have found a more ideal place to stay. In fact is was the best B&B of our week long trip. Comfortable, clean, well decorated, in great condition, and situated on a beautiful property . It had a full kitchen (at our disposal), and covered porch with a patio table and comfortable chairs. We kept our bikes in their garage at night. Our hosts were more than just hospitable - they really looked after us and are great people. No complaints from any of us. Highly recommended.

• Stayed June 2012, traveled with friends
Virginia Beach, Virginia
Reviewed September 12, 2010

Great place to stay. I will stay there again. Very comfortable and clean. The breakfast selection is excellent. This is by far better than any hotel. A short drive to anywhere in town. Stay here, you won't be disapointed.

• Stayed September 2010, traveled solo
2 Thank stevehall7595
Myrtle Beach, South Carolina
Reviewed September 3, 2010

First of all, I am a native of Lock Haven, so I am very informed about hotels/motels/B&Bs in the area. This was actually my first time staying at The Avenue and I was totally blown away by how perfect a B&B it is. The amentities are fantastic...off-street parking, private entrance to your room, outstanding common areas in the home (living room, kitchen, dining area), location by the University (but not near the party houses or where you will be kept up all night with their shenanigans), a mere mile from downtown, beautiful landscaping around the house, and the friendliest and most accomodating owners! Those are just a few of the amentities you will enjoy. As for the rooms....don't you DARE go to a hotel! The rooms are CLEAN. Did you read that last statement? CLEAN! The bathrooms are clean (spotless), the beds and linens are clean, the carpets are clean... need I say more? My husband and I were traveling with a 2 week old baby and throughout our travels I was grossed out about having her on the comforters of our hotel rooms (and we stayed in nice places, Marriott chain hotels). The carpets in hotels are always dirty and the bathrooms ... well ... they don't meet my standards for cleanliness. The Avenue is like going to the home of you favorite rich aunt who has pulled out all the stops to make you comfortable. I hope that makes it clear how spectacular this place is.
But wait!...there is more! The Avenue is APPROPRIATELY PRICED. The other places in Lock Haven are wildly expensive and if you don't think so, read the reviews to those places on Tripadvisor. Quotes like, "Unfairly priced," and "Not worth the money," abound! The Avenue was worth every penny...it was $75 a night... are you KIDDING ME? I honestly think they should charge $95-$100....that still puts them well under the hotel prices and quite frankly, The Avenue is worth it.
The breakfast, as a side note, was perfect for us. It is continental, so it is help-yourself style (which is perfect for our needs...we didn't have to be at a table at a specific time, which is a hassle with a newborn in tow...we work on HER schedule, no one elses!).
I think if you are an experienced traveler and you are discerning about your accomodations, you would be a fool if you stayed anywhere else in Lock Haven. Trust me...I would not endorse the place if I was not 100% sure you would be thrilled. (We had only planned on staying one night in Lock Haven this trip, but now we are hoping we can stay here another night...so incredibly relaxing and peaceful...just what two parents of a newborn need!)

• Stayed September 2010, traveled with family
Hampton Inn & Suites Lamar
#2 of 2 in Mill Hall
#1 of 1 in Milesburg
Nature Inn at Bald Eagle

Been to The Avenue Bed & Breakfast? Share your experiences!